Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

Are these Summer sets?

Yes. This one was announced a little while back. I don't think we've seen pics though

Dang Lego...this is the only way to get the Sabine character with her signature helmet.

I'm going to guess this ship could have good part out value and will be popular out the gate because of Sabine.

OK... so we're getting a Sabine with a helmet... but her helmet? With a wide transparent face shield? Very disappointed.

Am I the only one that hates the minifigs that come with a helmet and a separate hair piece? Gives me a panic attack trying to keep track of both when I display sets.

Just like those extra pieces from the Dewback... maybe I just hate options?

• Like 1

I think this set is pretty damn ugly and I will probably only buy it because of the minifigs and the bricks.

Am I the only one that hates the minifigs that come with a helmet and a separate hair piece? Gives me a panic attack trying to keep track of both when I display sets.

Just like those extra pieces from the Dewback... maybe I just hate options?

On a planet with about 7 billion (always sounds funny for germans because our billion is what would be your trillion ;) ) you probably are not the onle one.

(In case you wonder what I mean: Million < Milliarde (yeah that's the german one) < Billion ...)

I know what you are talking about but maybe you just need to lose the compulsion to control your LEGO collection 100% ^^

If you lose a hairpiece... so what? (compared to if it would have never been included in the first place you lost nothing...).

If you have a hairpiece that's nice ain't it? I mean use it on other minifigs or just use it if they don't wear the helmet. I like that possibility... they look funny if they are all bald (in my opinion ;) ).

Guest TabbyBoy

Unless a set is from IV, V or VI - I'm not interested.  That's why I'm still stuck with 10x Malevolence that I bought at around half price!  I can see myself selling these turkeys at a loss next year.

Unless a set is from IV, V or VI - I'm not interested.  That's why I'm still stuck with 10x Malevolence that I bought at around half price!  I can see myself selling these turkeys at a loss next year.

How would they sell at a loss? Half off would be around 50 GBP, current BP value is over 100 GBP. 

While Sabine's helmet is cool, I like her showing off her hairstyle as it feels more unique where the helmet comes off as being another 'Boba Fett wannabe' nameless bounty hunter.

Agreed. When I display unique figs that come with a helmet and hairpiece, I usually take a trans minifig head (or similar piece) and mount the helmet on that and have the fig hold the helmet. I am sure that is what I will do with this one.

• Like 5

Agreed. When I display unique figs that come with a helmet and hairpiece, I usually take a trans minifig head (or similar piece) and mount the helmet on that and have the fig hold the helmet. I am sure that is what I will do with this one.

WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS

You just made my day.

Edited by boxofcorey
  • Like 4

I don't agree, but to each their own. Even though I was never a fan of the Clone Wars faces, every thing else about them felt normal. Also, the Clones from the Clone Wars were our first Phase I clones since thr originals. Being that we've already gotten better detailed versions (of Stormies), see UCS Slave I and Imperial Star Destroyer, these seem more like a step-back in that regard.

Overall I see why people will love these, it's four Stormies for just $13. We haven't come close since the 2008 battlepack, and that only had 3.

Edited by Stevenplays

I tend to avoid the Clone Wars sets, and will probably do the same with the Rebels sets when it comes to investing in them  That might come back to bite me later, but I just don't see these going "up" very far.  But, when you look at the OT sets from this winter wave, only the T-16 Skyhopper is on the list, and although it has a Tusken Raider in it, I tend to think that alone can not carry demand for a ship that was only in the Lucas Rehashes (not the original cut films from the 70's and 80s).  The skyhopper only appeared for less than 3 seconds during the galactic celebration scenes.....  For investment purposes that skyhopper has striking similarities to last winters V-Wing ship, which is probably the weakest of last years winter wave (had about the same amount of screen time) and while it might net you a few bucks down the line, it's just not worth storing when you can store better sets.  That leaves the Hailfire Droid, the Droid trooper carrier, and the AAT that come from the films.   Out of all of those, I only really think the Battle Droid Troop Carrier was solid.  It's by far the best droid carrier built yet - and I can see having a few of those down the line.  The others are a bit "meh" to me.  By far the best of the 2015 SW winter wave was the Stormtrooper Battle pack, AT-AP, and the Tie-protype, but it's from the TV show Rebels, and I just am not sold that rebels sets, similar to clone wars sets are great investments.  Now if they slapped these as Original Trilogy then they would all go up many notches in my book.  It's funny how the market tends to work that way, but it is what it is. .  This is why i'm trying to focus mostly on the 2014 sets at this point, and i'll let these play out for a while.  The demand seems to be there though for some of the rebel sets.

Edited by fossilrock

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/star-wars-force-awakens-lego-set-names/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brickfanatics+%28Brick+Fanatics%29

Posted on 07:58, 25/03/2015 by Luc

Star Wars Force Awakens LEGO set names.

Force Awakens spoiler site makingstarwars.net has unearthed the set names for the first wave of Episode VII sets. The set numbers and prices have been posted previously but the set names give us some insight into what the sets might be, depending on how much you do or don

• Like 2

Are you kidding me? "Depending on how good Episode 7 is"??? I know there are a lot of PT haters out there, but Episode 1 grossed $1,027,044,677 WORLDWIDE!!!

Like it or not...that kind of $$$ is a success in any language!!!

yeah, but episode 1 toys didn't really carry on in demand very long after the movie.   I remember that era well.  There was a point of almost hysteria from that period where they released the toys, up until when the Phantom Menace was released.  Darth Maul figures were in high demand, up until the movie deflated it.  Then you basically could find them everywhere.  So, the same thing could happen here if the film is a big letdown.  But, on the same token, the sets with Kylo Renn are probably going to be at a premium up until Christmas rolls around, and then after that it's tough to say.  If the movie is awesome, all the sudden you could have "star wars" hysteria again.  If it blows- then I would also expect a dropoff in demand. 

I didn't invest in the R2 set, but I kind of regret it now, because 3 weeks ago I could have bought one of the last ones at a L B&M, but instead focused on another exclusive.

yeah, but episode 1 toys didn't really carry on in demand very long after the movie.   I remember that era well.  There was a point of almost hysteria from that period where they released the toys, up until when the Phantom Menace was released.  Darth Maul figures were in high demand, up until the movie deflated it.  Then you basically could find them everywhere.  So, the same thing could happen here if the film is a big letdown.  But, on the same token, the sets with Kylo Renn are probably going to be at a premium up until Christmas rolls around, and then after that it's tough to say.  If the movie is awesome, all the sudden you could have "star wars" hysteria again.  If it blows- then I would also expect a dropoff in demand. 

I didn't invest in the R2 set, but I kind of regret it now, because 3 weeks ago I could have bought one of the last ones at a L B&M, but instead focused on another exclusive.

Hasbro 3 3/4" figs yeah I agree...but we're talking Lego here!!!  R2 WILL BE AN ATM MACHINE!!!