Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

Are you kidding me? "Depending on how good Episode 7 is"??? I know there are a lot of PT haters out there, but Episode 1 grossed $1,027,044,677 WORLDWIDE!!!

Like it or not...that kind of $$$ is a success in any language!!!

Box office does not translate into collectible value.

compare prequel era anything with OT era anything 

But that's not what the question was...the question was the success of Ep1...Ep1 was a huge success

Considering we're on a Lego investing site it seems the obvious implication was that if the movie isn't successful in a way that would drive collectible value.

Otherwise the conversation is very much off-topic and should be moved :) 

Furthering our discussion.

Video Game character on random card = $17

Same exact Video Game character, on Original Trilogy packaging = $40

The gap used to be even crazier. like 9 bucks to 60 

I suspect sand from the set of the film would sell for 49.99 if packaged on a vintage card.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

Furthering our discussion.

Video Game character on random card = $17

Same exact Video Game character, on Original Trilogy packaging = $40

The gap used to be even crazier. like 9 bucks to 60 

I suspect sand from the set of the film would sell for 49.99 if packaged on a vintage card.

LOL, you're probably right.  Palpy and Cody from the first wave have always fetched good prices too.  Yes, Starkiller was much more expensive before the greatest hits (Black Series) version was released.  The Republic Commando from the Amazon wave it listed for big prices too.  I'll have to wait until I get home to check out the EBay prices.

Any word on the LEGO Star Wars Celebration VII exclusive yet? I see they just released the information for the Hallmark ornament.

Nothing yet. You can search on the Celebration website on the vendor pages for the exclusives by each vendor.

I can't search on mobile but I'm following in a couple of other places and I haven't seen anything mentioned for Lego yet.

On a separate note, are we meeting up at Celebration? We could take a run over to the Downtown Disney Lego Store.

• 2 weeks later...

All the old movies just became available on Fios onDemand...looks like the hype for for the New Star Wars is under way.  Let's hope it translates to some increased prices and sales.  Good luck to all the longs...

Yes

I ordered the 6 pack on iTunes at midnight for $89

Then watched two episodes till 4 am LOL

I bought an ebay $100 card for $95 then used $55 ebay bucks to pay for some of it then redeemed for an iTunes card to save money.

Need some special Star Wars palace cinema stickers like the lego movie sticker to put in it before it retires (joke)

• Like 1

The next couple buildable figures have been revealed.  Grievous looks pretty good and fits in very well with this series.  Not so sure about the human characters though.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/04/15/heres-your-first-look-at-lego-star-wars-buildable-figures-of-obi-wan-kenobi-and-general-grievous/

BN-HW740_grievo_OZ_20150414184131.jpg

BN-HW728_obiwan_KV_20150414182659.jpg

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

The next couple buildable figures have been revealed.  Grievous looks pretty good and fits in very well with this series.  Not so sure about the human characters though.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/04/15/heres-your-first-look-at-lego-star-wars-buildable-figures-of-obi-wan-kenobi-and-general-grievous/

I saw that too... I agree that grievous looks pretty good. But yeah... could they have given the human characters worse faces?

The thing is that I think kids who are into Star Wars will like them - but not to build outright, rather to mix and match. :)