Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

I think the Flash Speeder here is significantly better than the original attempt back in 2000.

Great. Another version of an ep 1 ship. Boo!

I feel like the limited edition at Target from 2011 was better or about the same and glad I have that one. Perhaps this one is meant to be a more 'general release' version.

The Shuttle looks the best along with the Throne room.

It does look good and also similar to the UCS version overall.

I think the Flash Speeder here is significantly better than the original attempt back in 2000.

I feel like the limited edition at Target from 2011 was better or about the same and glad I have that one. Perhaps this one is meant to be a more 'general release' version.

It does look good and also similar to the UCS version overall.

The shuttle looks great, except that the cockpit is two sizes too big. That'll hurt it when displayed next to the UCS version.

I like the throne room just for the figures though I think the build looks pretty good too.  It will be nice to be able to get Vader in a set that's less than $100 and that Luke in a set that's less than $250.

The shuttle in my opinion looks awesome--espcecially if you missed out on the USC one like me.  Such a cool ship.  Can't quite tell who it comes with--looks like maybe Han, Chewy, Leia, and some commandos.

Looking forward to these!  Thanks for posting!

Yes but I think it's to fit more than just one minifig inside, like the side cockpit of the 7965 MF (this one was also too big).

I agree that's probably the reason, but the little piece of me that treasures my UCS version just can't look at it and be happy. My kids on the other hand might be happy as I'm thinking it would be good to let them have their own (they aren't allowed to touch mine :)).

• Like 1

Here is an upcoming book from DK that I almost didn't mention (perhaps someone else did). Titled LEGO Star Wars in 100 Scenes, it 'recreates' numerous scenes, famous or infamous, from the universe of Star Wars. It sounds like a fantastic idea but if the preview images are any indication towards the final product then I'm sorry to say your money could be better spent elsewhere honestly. The backgrounds, minifigures, and builds on each page are simply stock photos LEGO has used for their website and covers of the various set's boxes. In short this looks to be a fancy 'crop & paste' clipart job with some random facts text popping up.

While the idea is a nice one, the recycling of stock photography compared to having diorama MOCs based on each scene is a letdown especially with a number of fantastic fan builds that have better recreated the world of Star Wars through LEGO. Unfortunately to me this feels like a simple cash in.

15957378091_6350b6e33c_b.jpg