Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

Here's a nice slide deck of the LEGO displays at Comic Con 2015 and some of the first clear images of the new 75096 - Sith Infiltrator.

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-sdcc/LEGO-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC/default.asp

Well now we have the box art to go with the build images in the main topic for that upcoming set. Not too shabby although from a glance it appears to be a bit slimmer than the previous from just a couple years ago.

what is up with smiley Darth Maul?

Anyone with a good eye care to Comment on wether this infiltrator is better/bigger than the previous?

it's definitely bigger, it has About 150 more pieces than the last version but in a way I kinda like the older one... And I hate the inclusion of anakin, sebulba, and r2, it makes little sense and they're crappy filler minifigs lol. But..... If it's $50 or less I'll prolly grab one since I like darth maul and the concept of his ship 

Edited by California92563

it's definitely bigger, it has About 150 more pieces than the last version but in a way I kinda like the older one... And I hate the inclusion of anakin, sebulba, and r2, it makes little sense and they're crappy filler minifigs lol. But..... If it's $50 or less I'll prolly grab one since I like darth maul and the concept of his ship 

Anakin makes sense, since Maul flies over him on his speeder to attack Qui-Gon. Watto is confusing, but  I guess makes sense as part of the narrative of getting Anakin and taking him, but R2-D2 makes no appearance in those scenes surrounding the attack.

That infiltrator is by far the best one yet.   My biggest disappointment is that this is the set that they revealed at Comic Con.  I was hoping to see The Force Awakens sets, but doesn't look like that's happening this month.  They'll probably "reveal" them on September 3rd, and give us 10 hours to come up with a game plan.

I wonder if the rumored "Hoth Echo Base" is actually going to be an Episode 7 set based on this developing story out of SDCC: Starkiller Base.  Ed M suggested that this set might not actually be the Hoth Base, but instead of a placeholder for something else.  This could be one possible theory.

I'm hoping it's a Hoth set, like an AT-AT.

I wonder if the rumored "Hoth Echo Base" is actually going to be an Episode 7 set based on this developing story out of SDCC: Starkiller Base.  Ed M suggested that this set might not actually be the Hoth Base, but instead of a placeholder for something else.  This could be one possible theory.

By the way Domhall Gleeson said he's "in charge of one of the Starkiller bases" I assumed it was a space station of some sort.

Interesting.  It literally looks like 7965 but with a square antenna.  I'm not entirely sure it's going to be something that needs to be a first day buy.

I like the look of the x-wing though.  I like the black coloring.  Definitely unique!

Aside from the figs, the new MF has different greebling and battle damage... Not a fan of those stupid flick missiles.

I am a fan of the gray haired Han Solo though.

• Like 1

Aside from the figs, the new MF has different greebling and battle damage... Not a fan of those stupid flick missiles.

I am a fan of the gray haired Han Solo though.

I'm a fan of the Han Solo minifig as well.  I can see your point about the greebling, but it just hardly seems worth the extra $140ish price tag for a very slightly updated version of 7965.  I guess my opinion is a tad negative because I have the old one built and displayed, and it's not different enough to warrant 2 of them IMO.

I think this is going to do two things.  The OT x-wing 9493 looks much different than this version, and will probably still retain it's value and go up.  The MF looks somewhat similar to 7965, and feel it will stagnate in value.  I'm definitely holding on to my OT x-wings...

Edited by fossilrock

I think this is going to do two things.  The OT x-wing 9493 looks much different than this version, and will probably still retain it's value and go up.  The MF looks somewhat similar to 9492, and feel it will stagnate in value.  I'm definitely holding on to my OT x-wings...

u mean 7965;)

but I agree with ur assessment 

• Like 1

OMG NICE PICS! Is it just me or did they really step up on the detail on the printings of the minifigs? The pilots have some awesome printing and as everyone says, that new Han is AWESOME. Gotta have it. 

I'm just thinking one thing. How are we brickpickers going to buy these at a good discount when they are going to hyperspace off of the shelves upon release?

• Like 1

I like the new MF.  I love old Han.  I'll buy that one right away. I have one 7965 left, and I'm happy to have them both.  But I agree that 7965 value may go down.

Not sure how I like the Black and Orange X-Wing.  I was hoping for White and Blue.

Dig that BB8 is in both sets.

OMG NICE PICS! Is it just me or did they really step up on the detail on the printings of the minifigs? The pilots have some awesome printing and as everyone says, that new Han is AWESOME. Gotta have it. 

I'm just thinking one thing. How are we brickpickers going to buy these at a good discount when they are going to hyperspace off of the shelves upon release?

The ground crew minifig is very cool.