Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

Top grossing or not, they are still garbage films.  It just goes to show you the depth of the movie theater viewer nowadays.  The more crap you can shove into a frame the better the movie...or so they try to lead you to believe.

Movies that are ambiguous and are actual cerebral in plot are so rare these days.  Movies that actually make you think, and come to your own conclusion without being spoon fed every single detail and plot point.  It's almost as if they think we are to stupid to think for ourselves.

I tend to enjoy movies as an escape rather than as something thought provoking.  I have my thoughts provoked (assaulted?) on a daily basis with the 24 hour news cycle that I sometimes just want to get away.  Movies (and to the same degree sports) helps me leave it behind for a few hours...

• Like 2

I tend to enjoy movies as an escape rather than as something thought provoking.  I have my thoughts provoked (assaulted?) on a daily basis with the 24 hour news cycle that I sometimes just want to get away.  Movies (and to the same degree sports) helps me leave it behind for a few hours...

I completely agree.  I would just like to add that I enjoy good thought provoking movies.  I enjoy my mindless dribble movies as well for the sheer entertainment value.  There's good and of course bad escapes.  I find the news cycle to just be depressing.

• Like 2

I completely agree.  I would just like to add that I enjoy good thought provoking movies.  I enjoy my mindless dribble movies as well for the sheer entertainment value.  There's good and of course bad escapes.  I find the news cycle to just be depressing.

I am still not clear - are we all classifying OT as "thought-provoking" ? 

P.S. My thoughts in OT are mostly provoked by Leia in slave outfit, but I don't think we should aim for that

I am still not clear - are we all classifying OT as "thought-provoking" ? 

P.S. My thoughts in OT are mostly provoked by Leia in slave outfit, but I don't think we should aim for that

No, that's not what I'm saying.  It's definitely not up there on super thought-provoking, but it was just a really good set of films.

The Disney D23 Expo is August 14-16.  If official images are going to be released before Force Friday I would expect it to happen then.  Honestly I don't know why they would wait until the street date since that is still 3 1/2 months prior to the movie release date.  It's not like a few weeks is going to make much difference at that point.  It will still feel like an eternity between buying TFA toys/sets and then waiting for the movie to come out.

• Like 1

The Disney D23 Expo is August 14-16.  If official images are going to be released before Force Friday I would expect it to happen then.  Honestly I don't know why they would wait until the street date since that is still 3 1/2 months prior to the movie release date.  It's not like a few weeks is going to make much difference at that point.  It will still feel like an eternity between buying TFA toys/sets and then waiting for the movie to come out.

I hope you're right.  It would be nice to have a sort of battle plan before September 4th.

Any predictions when they will release the first "official images" of the sets? 

I really hope it's not on September 3rd at 11:49pm.

I suspect we'll see all these well before 9/4, but interesting to note that we already know most are of new spins on classic ships.

I suspect this was intentional as it:

1) keeps OT fans intrigued because it looks like OT Star Wars

2) it keeps from giving away any spoiler-ish details that might be included with the new story

3) who's gonna buy a ship they've never heard of in September for a movie that doesnt come out till December?

I suspect wave 1 is for the old folks, and wave 2 will be for the kiddos.

Disney already set the date the pictures could be released.......though it was mentioned in this thread already.

the date? I didn't see anything about a release date over the last few pages of the thread.

I suspect we'll see all these well before 9/4, but interesting to note that we already know most are of new spins on classic ships.

I suspect this was intentional as it:

1) keeps OT fans intrigued because it looks like OT Star Wars

2) it keeps from giving away any spoiler-ish details that might be included with the new story

3) who's gonna buy a ship they've never heard of in September for a movie that doesnt come out till December?

I suspect wave 1 is for the old folks, and wave 2 will be for the kiddos.

I'm actually more interested in the sets that seem entirely new.  Kylo ship, and the transport with Captain Phasma come to mind.  But it would be interesting to actually see them.

when will the official lego pictures come out for the sets????

I believe the 14th at the Disney Expo.  However, many thought they were going to release them at comic con, but that never happened.  So, it's tough to say if they will be at the expo, but that's the rumor.

I just added up the cost to buy a complete set of Ep7 at RRP, and it's going to cost $569.93 to get all 7 of the main sets.   Granted, discounts and coupons are surely going to occur, but still...September 4th is going to be a spendy week.  Add in black series figures, and god knows what else...ohh boy.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

Could be. 

24.99 EU range. 75048, 75038 and 75040 are all getting on a bit and could well be retired by year end. Leaving only 75085 and 75090 in that price range.

29.99 EU range, only 75080 and 7508, earlier cycles have seen a lot more product in that range.  

The number of battle packs looks odd, but the quantity not the price, given that the segment is overweight anyway. Unless they are planning on refreshing much quicker.  

(Price in GBP and dates UK) 

sw.png