Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

After having seen some newly leaked pictures of the new x-wing and the new MF - and we've also already seen the new snowtroopers and Captain Phasma - I've found the new tie fighter pilot... as for me I haven't seen it before so maybe some of you here appreciate this "new" information ;-)

(Hope these information are okay with the forum... otherwise if the pictures need to be deleted by mods I would really appreciate it to be at least informed :-P )

thanks for sharing that! I loooove the new stormtroopers especially the new tie pilot's :wub:

Edited by Grolim
Had to remove quoted pics

ALL..........PLEASE STOP POSTING LINKS AND PICTURES OF LEAKED EPISODE 7 MATERIAL!!!!!! THANK YOU.

This man speaks the truth.  Until the embargo is lifted later this summer/fall, the images and certain "rumors" will be removed.  I know its not fun, I like talking about it too.

• Like 1

I just got back from a local (Belgium) toy store and talked to the manager about a set I had just bought. We started talking about the upcoming Star Wars sets and he said there's bunch of "old Star Wars sets" coming back in stock "because people kept asking for them". He didn't know from the top of his head which sets or how old exactly so I don't know the details.
Anyway, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Everyone has been operating under the assumption that Episode 7 will mean a HUGE boon to previously released Star Wars sets, especially the Classic Trilogy that has close ties to the new movie.

There of course is always the fear that Ep 7 might tank, but even if it did, Classic trilogy sets are still loved by OT fans.

Now...what if EP 7 is SOOO popular, that new fans (and old fans) spend all  the majority of their disposable income on new sets, new figures, new books, new comics, new collectibles, etc and the new fanbase has no $$ left over for OT sets?

I'm not saying this would be an absolute situation, of course there will always be SOME overlap. And yes, a rising tide raises all boats. BUT what if the majority of Star Wars dollars go to the new items? What if even OT Fans love the movie so much that they decide to spend $399.99 on a (hypothetical) brand new EP7 UCS Star Destroyer at retail rather than saving up to spend $999.99 on the OT UCS SSD?  I'm not saying prices for OT stuff will go down, but they might NOT go up significantly if attention is elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

I think some of that will happen.  A young kid who sees Force Awakens in mid-december is not going to ask his or her parents for episode 4 merchandise.  

Parents should do the responsible thing to do and have their kids watch the original trilogy before allowing them to see epVII :)
I watched Jedi last week with my 8yo. First thing he said when he saw his mom:
- "Mom, good news and bad news: Darth Vader is dead."
- "So was that the good news or the bad news?"
- "Both!"

Edited by BearCrash
  • Like 2

If you want to see a true cluster "F" watch the making of Episode 1 documentary.  I watched it last night from the Amazon digital collection.

They had a really good kid competing with Jake Lloyd and their decision to hire Lloyd was a huge mistake.  Lucas is complimenting the actors and says "We have learned about Jake" not in a positive way.  Look at the way Jake's 5 agents all pose around him and talk down to him, it's pathetic.

Then he shows spielberg the battle droid and says "this is the next stormtrooper."   Everything about those battle droids sucked, when they die on the battlefield nobody cares.

When I was growing up, we all thought "Clone wars" was going to be a fight between awesome Jedis and a bunch of bounty hunters that looked like Boba Fett or cloned jedis, something interesting.  Watching sterile white clones of jango fett fight boring robots was the worst possible interpretation of the clone wars I could imagine.  

Also in the doc, Lucas states that the whole movie hinges on Jar Jar.  "If we can make Jar Jar work, we have a great film."  This was a wealthy, middle aged man who hadn't done anything creative in decades with nobody to disagree with him or edit his terrible drafts.  And I'm not saying middle aged men can't be creative - look at John Lassiter.

Thank goodness he sold it to Disney.  What they come out with this December can not possibly be worse than what Lucas would have done.

• Like 7

If you want to see a true cluster "F" watch the making of Episode 1 documentary.  I watched it last night from the Amazon digital collection.

They had a really good kid competing with Jake Lloyd and their decision to hire Lloyd was a huge mistake.  Lucas is complimenting the actors and says "We have learned about Jake" not in a positive way.  Look at the way Jake's 5 agents all pose around him and talk down to him, it's pathetic.

Then he shows spielberg the battle droid and says "this is the next stormtrooper."   Everything about those battle droids sucked, when they die on the battlefield nobody cares.

When I was growing up, we all thought "Clone wars" was going to be a fight between awesome Jedis and a bunch of bounty hunters that looked like Boba Fett or cloned jedis, something interesting.  Watching sterile white clones of jango fett fight boring robots was the worst possible interpretation of the clone wars I could imagine.  

Also in the doc, Lucas states that the whole movie hinges on Jar Jar.  "If we can make Jar Jar work, we have a great film."  This was a wealthy, middle aged man who hadn't done anything creative in decades with nobody to disagree with him or edit his terrible drafts.  And I'm not saying middle aged men can't be creative - look at John Lassiter.

Thank goodness he sold it to Disney.  What they come out with this December can not possibly be worse than what Lucas would have done.

I love a good Episode 1 bashing, although I've chose to accept it for what it is.  Those darn Nemoidians weren't much better.

That was the crux of the problem right there. GL wrote, directed, produced, and even edited ep 1-3 himself and nobody dared to challenge the big boss of Lucasfilms.  Just look at the body languages of the staffs.  Everyone waited for GL's reaction before reacting themselves. :D

Ep 4 worked so well because GL had a team of professionals who argued with / challenged him on occasions.

• Like 3

If you are really interested in the history of Star Wars and how it all came together there is a fascinating book called how Star Wars Conquered the Universe by Chris Taylor. It is really a great book if you are at all interested in Star Wars and film.  And it really goes into all the things you're talking about regarding George Lucas and his rise to power and how that actually ended up making the prequels lesser films.  Also, if you're looking for a weekly Star Wars YouTube show that is a lot of fun check out Collider's Jedi Council. I think it comes out on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

• Like 2

Y'all can say whatever you want about the prequels but the fact remains that they are still on the list of top grossing movies Of ALL TIME......let that sink in.

Top grossing or not, they are still garbage films.  It just goes to show you the depth of the movie theater viewer nowadays.  The more crap you can shove into a frame the better the movie...or so they try to lead you to believe.

Movies that are ambiguous and are actual cerebral in plot are so rare these days.  Movies that actually make you think, and come to your own conclusion without being spoon fed every single detail and plot point.  It's almost as if they think we are to stupid to think for ourselves.

Transformers age of extinction made more money than any of the prequels and that's one of the worst movies ever made, and Alice in Wonderland made more money that episodes 2 and 3.  Look, there are some things I like about the prequels.  The actual story is pretty good.  It's the stale execution, editing and wooden acting that ruined them.  There are some cool lightsaber battles and Darth Maul is awesome....but man, there are just too many brutal scenes. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, and I appreciate the prequels for what they added to the canon but they aren't great films.  Episode 3 came close.

• Like 2

That's for a whole other discussion, but I do actually follow politics, and there's beyond too much bull**** for me to shake my fist at.  But yes, it's the same honestly in politics.  Although to a certain extent that is true, there really are a lot of Americans that are too stupid to think for themselves.  That's why politicians with just stupid ass sound bites can win elections playing to their base.