Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

​Do you think it looks like thiiiiiiiiiis ?

starwars-force-awakens7.jpg

That could very much be it.  I saw some artwork pics a few months back and it looked like it was built into a mountainside.  Looked like a cross between Neuschwanstein and Jabba's Palace.

I don't know how to do spoiler tags so don't read if you don't want to know,

but the AT-AT is supposedly in it too...but it's on the planet Jakkuu, and it's not a "first order" home, but where Rey's lives out her existence..

I'm sure that will eventually be a set too..  Heck, they'll make just about everything in this movie, GUARANTEED!

Edited by Darth_Raichu
[spoiler] [/spoiler] is your friend

​Mind elaborating why? Even if it appreciates amazingly deep in there for 10 years, how useful is having only 1? Power in numbers? I feel like if I can't hold, sell all, and live with that, or take the calculated risk and go big and long. If 7965 isn't worth the risk/reward, then does it make sense to keep any?

I feel like it rarely makes sense to keep 1 of anything, unless it's to sell in a bundle that will sell enough % based on your total yearly volume. Does that make sense?

I guess at least having 1 does feel comforting, in a psychological false comfort kind of way, though. Not to judge those who may do that, I enjoy my comfort false or not, but just identifying it.

Perhaps none of this is right, I'm just exploring my ignorance.

​Well... maybe it is lacking some logic. But I like the set. I like the box design. I know I will have troubles selling my last one. If it really tanks after the new one comes out... I can always build and display it.

LEGO better makes UCS "A hundred ways to kill Jar Jar".  Guaranteed flying off the shelves. :thumbsup:   

​I had a Sony PSP (original version) years ago with SW:Battlefront.  It wasn't too different from the regular PS version of the game except there was a single-player Imperial Sniper campaign where you had to put down rebellions.  Two of the levels I played most often: sniper head shots on Gungans and Ewoks.

• Like 1

​It is Endor which ecosystem got f***** due to the DS exploding near it.  So the new set is Bad guys' base on ENDOR !!!  Get ready for white fur Ewoks !!! :D:D

​Who says the planet is an "ice planet" at all.  Maybe it is a world like Middle Earth in the LOTR, with multiple climates.

​I did not say ice planet.  I said its ecosystem got ******, meaning it could be anything but what we saw in Ep VI ;)

​Sorry, I was just theorizing out loud.  Not in response to your post actually.  Some theories actually include Endor in winter and Kylo Ren searching for Darth Vader's grave.

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 1

I assume it's Endor during the winter, and that he's there looking for Darth Vader's helmet which we see later. Now as for why he ignites his lightsaber there, that's the question I have.

​Ewok-cide ?

​Maybe he sensed The Others...

Ah, damn, wrong show...

​There could be only one... :P 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

​It is Endor which ecosystem got f***** due to the DS exploding near it.  So the new set is Bad guys' base on ENDOR !!!  Get ready for white fur Ewoks !!! :D:D

c5.jpg

​Ummm -- all other discussion about the base aside, am I the only one geeking out over the TIE fighters with white panels and black pods?  #needThat

​Since that the only not too much drifted off comment on this page:

I'm not a gib fan of the "white/black" design... don't see any advantage compared to the old one... okay it's something new for the designers of the movie and franchise products... but otherwise what the jarjarbings?!

Will be intersting to see how this translates to the LEGO-sets. I've always been a fan of the old design though.

I'm very excited about the transporter (if it's not the leaked picture) and the snowspeeder set... the snow speeder set especially seems to be to expensive to just be a small snowspeeder... so either it is some sort of battlepack (which would be great!) or it's a bigger vehicle than I expect.

I wanted to ask you all what you think about the current sets that are coming out this year in conjunction with Episode 7 that will be released in December.  Will all things Star Wars be hot, or only the new sets?  I remember reading that the OT sets are the best for investment and not Clone Wars sets or sets of that nature.  I am inclined to only invest in OT sets and not all of the other sets that are coming out.  Would that be a mistake?  I just don't know how crazy people will get once the new movie comes out and if people will buy anything regardless of the type of set just becuase it's Star Wars.  Thanks for your time, everyone!