Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a requirement to be able to post in trading forum? I am able to start a post on other forums, but I do not have an access to start a post on trading forum. 

Thank you. 

It has to be approved. I am on my phone, so I cannot check. Maybe another mod can help out.

I thought you had to have a certain number of posts to post in the trade forum? I don't see any trade posts that need to be approved.

That makes sense, as I do not post much haha. When you say post, does it only mean starting a new post? or do replys count as well?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 6:50 PM, Mhd747 said:

Does anybody else seems to get double emails from followed threads?

I seem to get two emails everything I follow a thread.

I really think the doubles are coming from users that are using the phone app.  I don't think I am seeing duplicates from regular forum posters.  It is not easy to confirm this without feedback from the users here.  I get them myself.   There have been no updates for the forum app since the end of May.  There are certain things I love about the forum app, but in many other ways it adds issues.  

4 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

I really think the doubles are coming from users that are using the phone app.  I don't think I am seeing duplicates from regular forum posters.  It is not easy to confirm this without feedback from the users here.  I get them myself.   There have been no updates for the forum app since the end of May.  There are certain things I love about the forum app, but in many other ways it adds issues.  

I access BP via my mobile internet app (Samsung S7 Internet app)

I just patched the forum with the latest and greatest and also just updated Tapatalk.  One of the line items for this patch in Tapatalk was to help with duplicate notifications.  Let watch and see if this helps.  If not, I will let them know.

As a side, note, I had to delete the Brick Picker app from my phone and install again. Not sure why, maybe it had to do with a fix for login issues, but it kept crashing at login.  Once I reinstalled, everything was good to go.

I just patched the forum with the latest and greatest and also just updated Tapatalk.  One of the line items for this patch in Tapatalk was to help with duplicate notifications.  Let watch and see if this helps.  If not, I will let them know.

As a side, note, I had to delete the Brick Picker app from my phone and install again. Not sure why, maybe it had to do with a fix for login issues, but it kept crashing at login.  Once I reinstalled, everything was good to go.

I had to do the same on my IPad. I deleted and reloaded the app.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Is there something wrong on my end or is the Target Stock Tracker broken right now? When I press "Search" I'm getting an "aaah!" error. Anyone else have this problem?

I just tried ran one and got results.  Their API has been finicky and I know they are doing a migration, so perhaps they were working on something

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having a weird issue that started yesterday.  Just checking to see if any major site changes were made.

I have Fios for my ISP so maybe something there, but I keep getting connection timed out trying to connect only to the forums. Using my cell phone I don't have the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...