Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

3 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Not sure if this has been asked/answered but is there any plans to make the app resemble the site? Like being able to see the flag below the names so we know where people are from/rep points etc. figured I'd ask

There is not much I can really do about it. The iOS/Android app is a third party app and it does not use all the features of each forum that it works with.  Perhaps one day they will add a feature like that.  

4 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Is there anyway to update the max size of pictures you can upload? 

Every picture I take with my mobile is always about 5-6 mb and I always need to edit it before uploading. I don't know if it's because I use browser to upload and not the app.

Try again, see how it goes.  I can't go to crazy with file size, it just eats up hard drive space, sucks up bandwidth and slows down pages.  Let me know if you still have an issue.

On November 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Zelgazra said:

Rolling back a few days to the topic of multiple log in stations causing errors.... I'm not sure how long ago it happened, but I've been logged out of the forum app on my iPhone. The issue for me, is that it will not let me log back in. 

In the app, if I tap the drop-down menu, the only button that actually engages any reaction is the Settings tab. If I click any of the other 3 it appears the button is being pressed, but nothing happens. I haven't been able to reply to threads. Not sure what to do. Has anyone else had this issue?

8 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Sure Ignore My Posts.

Being cheeky of course, but uh.... any insight into my question from a few days ago? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

No info for the Geoffrey the giraffe set, not that it will be worth much. At At is showing £102 new, think this needs correction. Thanks

OMG... You haven't been giving "them" your hard-earned money have you? When I had giraffes before the current fiasco kicked off, I just gave them out at random to eBay buyers (who sounded nice)as a freebie. It's surprising how much repeat business I get from gestures like this. It's a great way to offload hundreds of crap polybags too!

What I would like to see is a like/hate button for all the sets in the Brickfolio database as I'd like confirmation that the Ewok Village is at the bottom just below the Exo Suit which is just below the Simpsons House ;-) Like can simply mean it's a nice set or performs well and hate can mean it's an ugly set or performs badly.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

OMG... You haven't been giving "them" your hard-earned money have you? When I had giraffes before the current fiasco kicked off, I just gave them out at random to eBay buyers (who sounded nice)as a freebie. It's surprising how much repeat business I get from gestures like this. It's a great way to offload hundreds of crap polybags too!

What I would like to see is a like/hate button for all the sets in the Brickfolio database as I'd like confirmation that the Ewok Village is at the bottom just below the Exo Suit which is just below the Simpsons House ;-) Like can simply mean it's a nice set or performs well and hate can mean it's an ugly set or performs badly.

Jesus Tabby! Take a breath! Have a stiff drink! LOL
"Them" had the technic race truck on discount at the time. I only go in store though, and generally only to price match when they have some promo. 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

Jesus Tabby! Take a breath! Have a stiff drink! LOL
"Them" had the technic race truck on discount at the time. I only go in store though, and generally only to price match when they have some promo. 

I am, I've just opened a bottle of red wine to go with lunch which is an ostrich steak (cheap in Aldi but superb) with a pepperberry sauce cooked by me!

Oh.. you mean the resurrected 8041? This made me nervous of Technic as they can resurrect any set (of any theme for that matter) just as aftermarket prices reach the peak and then it's down.. down... down...

BTW... I've just got my 2x Arctic Trucks at £29.99 each delivered after being on Amazon back-order for weeks. One's a bit bent that I was going to build anyway and I'll sell the other shortly.

To keep to the topic... I think an Amazon link similar to the one on Brickset would be good but in real-time if at all possible?

Anyway, the Maciorowskis are doing a great job already!

49 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

As an investment it may have slow growth but the actual set is great. I get where your coming from because I wasn't really taken by it until I built it.

After building it i just want a bunch of sets to go with it to complete the scene.

I think you'd need a like for building and another for investment.

After all, Exo suit is great if you only bought one.  

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just done my stock check to see what I have left over after my mass-offload this morning and I have these that aren't in the Brickfolio database...

60148 - CITY ATV Race Team

60151 - CITY Sweeper & Excavator

60152 - CITY Dragster Transporter

... can you add them please?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ciglione said:

I am getting my email notifications about forum posts from threads I follow in delay. Sometimes even as far as two days late. 

Can it be fixed?

The delay is not from us, it is from your email provider.  AOL, Hotmail, MSN, a few others are very famous for holding emails when they see a lot of email coming from a particular place.  Not sure if you have any options to whitelist [email protected], that may help.  I use a third party SMTP server to help with delivery.  We have sent 2.7m emails since Nov 25 which is when much of all this deal craziness started. There is a good chance they are the ones putting it on hold.  The forum queues them up and just spits it out, this service just shoots it out from there.  As I said, I would look to see if there is a way to whitelist the email, that may help them find their way to your inbox quicker.  Gmail seems to get them just fine.

2016-12-15_15-10-47.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeff Mack said:

The delay is not from us, it is from your email provider.  AOL, Hotmail, MSN, a few others are very famous for holding emails when they see a lot of email coming from a particular place.  Not sure if you have any options to whitelist forum@brickpicker.com, that may help.  I use a third party SMTP server to help with delivery.  We have sent 2.7m emails since Nov 25 which is when much of all this deal craziness started. There is a good chance they are the ones putting it on hold.  The forum queues them up and just spits it out, this service just shoots it out from there.  As I said, I would look to see if there is a way to whitelist the email, that may help them find their way to your inbox quicker.  Gmail seems to get them just fine.

2016-12-15_15-10-47.jpg

Thanks... I will check out the whitelist option.

Every time I click on view entire collection in brickfolio or add item to brickfolio I get this

The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. 

struct
Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber
Message The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. 
StackTrace coldfusion.runtime.Cast$NumberConversionException: The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:863) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:710) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:878) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:868) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637._factor15(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:245) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637._factor16(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:1) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637.runPage(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:1) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:246) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:736) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:572) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:487) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:142) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:78) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:450) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:197) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 
Suppressed
array [empty]
TagContext
array
struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_CAST
LINE 245
RAW_TRACE