Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

4 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

In the past 30 days, there have been over 300k page views on a tablet and more than that on mobile. Not sure why you are being effected this much. I think more people would yelling at me.

I might be the only user that regularly Google's "Home-brewed anesthetics for self-appendectomy" and that triggered a Google Ad for doomsday preparations.

J/K but I disable javascript execution and the problem goes away as well.  So, it's certainly pointing to an Amazon or Google Ad-sourced script that might be dependent on my other recent browsing history.  Hence, it might only affect a few people -- and only start recently on a platform that has been otherwise error-free for months as has been my case.

In which case, there's nothing you could do to fix it (other than removing the ads, but I'm sure you enjoy that little extra revenue :) ) since the script contents are under Amazon/Google's control.

I'm sure once my appendectomy is completely healed over, and Google cares less about my painkiller preferences, things will be back to normal.

• Like 1

I think it was from 3hrs ago, but this might be a clue to what is happening. If I go to the thread by going to DD USA and then use the "Next Unread Topic" link at the bottom of the page, I get to a DD Canada page WITHOUT the sticky .... I think sometimes the sticky gets deleted, and the "View New Content" view points to that sticky, leading to the error:

58a59eab6a471_Screenshotfrom2017-02-1607-42-46.thumb.png.ab68d706ba76fbdfe2cce15bde869fa0.png

6 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Does anybody else have problems viewing pictures on mobile?

I'm on samsung phone android and viewing BP via internet app if that helps.

Screenshot_20170218-125322.jpg

the link was incorrect, I have now placed the picture directly into the message...

By the way - the Brickfolio prices in Euro for 10179 and 10123 are not really true (370 Euro and 60 Euro).

If they should be true, contact me to get soem of these sets at this price. ;-)

Edited by mauro23

15 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

I adjusted those two.  I am working on the data, some may be off for a bit until i get a chance to go through.

Thank you. 3450 looks weird, to (Used value is higher than new value):

€ 687.00 (36.77% ) € 1148.53 (0.81% )
Edited by mauro23

7 hours ago, mauro23 said:

Thank you. 3450 looks weird, to (Used value is higher than new value):

€ 687.00 (36.77% ) € 1148.53 (0.81% )

I fixed that, that is a tough set to filter.  So many with the extra pedestal, custom ones, people never know how to list them as new or used.  Looks better now.

Jeff, not sure if I mentioned this before, but what about crowdsourcing the filter? Have members with a certain reputation threshold regularly review a queue of sales and marking them as legit/not legit. Every listing gets at least 2 reviews (3 if disagreement) before becoming "official". A bit like the way Stack Exchange does its review process. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Yes this will happen. It will be an extra privilege in the premium package for sure. It is getting tougher. There are so many more package deals, rip offs, and people that put sets under the wrong listing.

Not to mention the fakes using Lego set references.

13 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

That's a first. Do you have a brightness feature for your screen?

It doesn't matter on IPS screens which are literally glowing, I'm lurking the website from bed in the evening with laptop om my knees so I'm limited to certain brightness levels (f.lux is a solution but I dont like it personally). I would highly appreciate night mode plug in available within website. I did the same with facebook using User Styles along with Dusky Theme.

Edited by Shewie

38 minutes ago, Shewie said:

It doesn't matter on IPS screens which are literally glowing, I'm lurking the website from bed in the evening with laptop om my knees so I'm limited to certain brightness levels (f.lux is a solution but I dont like it personally). I would highly appreciate night mode plug in available within website. I did the same with facebook using User Styles along with Dusky Theme.

Don't tell me I don't take care of you guys. Just look for "THEME" down in the footer and you can switch over to whatever you want to view with.... Overall it looks like it is working pretty well. I have not tested every single page, but things look to be in order.

2017-02-21_11-41-10.jpg

• Like 7