Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

11 minutes ago, Darth Otto said:

Can somebody tell me when the next Brickfolio update comes? My last value-data ara from july :(

I will have it done this week.  The entire site (except forum) is being completely revamped.  One of the features that are being updated is the price guide.  I am working to make it an ongoing update to the point that a question like this will not need to be asked again.  I am just trying to squeeze ever possible minute that is available to me to rework the entire site for a much needed update.   

• Like 4

So the contact us link doesn't work. From the menu it gives a 404 not found error. From the footer of the page it loads a form that cannot be typed into (iPad keyboard doesn't come up). 

Just added 70335 in my Brickfolio and it comes up as $100. Totally wrong, they are free or about $8 right now. 

Price guide was last updated 2 months ago...? What's going on with the site maintenance?!

16 minutes ago, Surge said:

So the contact us link doesn't work. From the menu it gives a 404 not found error. From the footer of the page it loads a form that cannot be typed into (iPad keyboard doesn't come up). 

Just added 70335 in my Brickfolio and it comes up as $100. Totally wrong, they are free or about $8 right now. 

Price guide was last updated 2 months ago...? What's going on with the site maintenance?!

Not sure which contact us link is not working.  The one in the footer here is working, the one in the footer on the homepage just goes to this one.  But to be on the safe side I turned the one on the home page into a simple email link that comes to me.

Fixed the 70335

Yes, major overhaul going on.  Working on it right now as we speak.  Please be patient.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Yes, major overhaul going on.  Working on it right now as we speak.  Please be patient.

Not sure what types of features you're adding into the new site, and whether there's any sort of "wanted list" of features kicking around someplace? 

Something I'd love to see in the future, is some way to flag your sets in the brickfolio as "personal collection" vs "investment collection". I like to know "what my collection is really worth" as the site advertises as it's purpose, but sometimes from the investment perspective, I don't want my Imperial Flagship (which is with me for life) skewing my numbers on my Pirates theme, for example.... It's nice to know what it's worth at a glance, but it makes the theme more valuable than it is. As it stands now, the only way I can see to split it up is to create a secondary account and add all my personal sets to that, and remove them from this main account. Some way to flag them as one or the other, and then filter them when viewing the tables and graphs etc would be a godsend for functionality!

Able to enlighten as to whether something like this is in the pipes? If it isn't, could it be? Or should I just go make a secondary account and be done with it? :) 

The brickfolio and price guide are getting a major kick in the butt and will finally be more of what I envisioned it being years ago.  Much better integration between the other major sites, much more data at your finger tips, etc.  Everything is changing.  Daily Deals, Brickfolio, Price Guide, In Stock Alerts, Syncing, Brick Classifieds, on and on.  It is finally feeling like one site, instead of a disjointed nightmare.

And yes, i will have it in there for you to tag your collection, so only one brickfolio will be needed but you can tag the sets however you wish.

• Like 6

Legendary man. If the gaming industry is anything to go off of, the "Insert Game Name" 2 is ALWAYS better than 1, even if 1 was fantastic. It lets the devs refine and revise on everything they originally envisioned but couldn't push out in time. 

Can't wait to see what you've cooked up for "Brickpicker.com 2" ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

@Jeff Mack, @Ed Mack, did you guys delete the Counterfeit topic, or am I hitting some sort of error .... its no longer showing up in Search, and when I click on a notification from the thread I'm getting an error.

I'm assuming you made the decision to close the thread, following the steps EB took. But I do not see any announcements so I'm not sure.

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

@Jeff Mack, @Ed Mack, did you guys delete the Counterfeit topic, or am I hitting some sort of error .... its no longer showing up in Search, and when I click on a notification from the thread I'm getting an error.

I'm assuming you made the decision to close the thread, following the steps EB took. But I do not see any announcements so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Running into posting issues since yesterday (haven't tried yet today). @ravenb99 confirmed he's having posting issues too:

1. Sometimes the "Submit Reply" button seems to work (says "Saving") but message doesn't post.

2. Sometimes I cannot attach pictures (says "File Upload Failed")

3. There seems to be something goofy with editing a previous post (will try to edit this post right after it is posted) - edits don't come through and after that, issues 1&2 show.

4. I sent a PM to Jeff Mack about this which showed as Sent but doesn't show up anywhere in my Messages/Inbox.

I've had success by either clearing BP-related cookies (worked once, didn't work second time) or by just browsing around and then returning to the thread I wanted to post in, but never did it keep my already typed up text like it used to do when not finishing a post and leaving the page.

I did notice that yesterday (Oct 18) in the morning there was a brief "this site is down for maintenance" blip, after which these issues started surfacing. Related perhaps?

EDIT: test.

EDIT 2: That worked.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Running into posting issues since yesterday (haven't tried yet today). @ravenb99 confirmed he's having posting issues too:

1. Sometimes the "Submit Reply" button seems to work (says "Saving") but message doesn't post.

2. Sometimes I cannot attach pictures (says "File Upload Failed")

3. There seems to be something goofy with editing a previous post (will try to edit this post right after it is posted) - edits don't come through and after that, issues 1&2 show.

4. I sent a PM to Jeff Mack about this which showed as Sent but doesn't show up anywhere in my Messages/Inbox.

I've had success by either clearing BP-related cookies (worked once, didn't work second time) or by just browsing around and then returning to the thread I wanted to post in, but never did it keep my already typed up text like it used to do when not finishing a post and leaving the page.

I did notice that yesterday (Oct 18) in the morning there was a brief "this site is down for maintenance" blip, after which these issues started surfacing. Related perhaps?

EDIT: test.

EDIT 2: That worked.

I just ran a new update released today...  Let me know if it helps at all.

Version 4.1.16.1 of the IPS Community Suite is now available.
This release resolves intermittent issues submitting a reply or seeing CSRF errors.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

I just ran a new update released today...  Let me know if it helps at all.

Version 4.1.16.1 of the IPS Community Suite is now available.
This release resolves intermittent issues submitting a reply or seeing CSRF errors.

So far so good - only thing I noticed is that for threads with a sticky on top of the page, the sticky gets repeated above your post if you make a new post. It sort of inserts it there, but once you leave the thread and come back in all is fine. The sticky does not get the green background when it repeats.

• 2 weeks later...