Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

On November 5, 2015 at 8:22:44 AM, Jeff Mack said:

Gone!

The bell is gone, but every time I load the forum or the main site after the window was closed, I still get a prompt asking EVERY TIME whether I will allow push notifications. I click Allow always, but it never seems to stick.

On an unrelated note, in the price guide since the update, the "Ebay" link doesn't seem to work anymore?

On this example: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=6211-1 it shows "24 ebay listings" but if you click the words, or the ebay icon, it loads this URL: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=6211-1#showEbay but simply reloads the current price guide page, rather than taking you to ebay.com 

One of the great features of this site for me the past few months was the short cut link to 'completed sold listings' on any given set. This link is gone now, maybe to do with the new data acquisition... fair enough. Clicking through to all the listings for that set, then clicking the Sold Items box once there is nearly just as quick.... but that avenue as illustrated above isn't working either. Which then leads me to have to open a fresh page, type in ebay.com, take note of set number from previous price guide search, type in the number, THEN click sold items. First world problems... I know. Just pointing out how much more efficient that aspect on the old setup was for me. Fixing the hotlink to the ebay listings for that item would solve most of my qualms here though. Hadn't seen it mentioned yet, so here it is. 

Thanks guys. I think you know it well enough yourselves, but you're doing exceptional work here!

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Is there a way to hide a thread?  Occasionally, there are threads I just don't want to see, or be tempted to enter into (e.g., Star Wars Episode 7 thread).  I need a way to keep myself from knowing that it even exists.

I'd like to know how to hide the site...

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Is there a way to hide a thread?  Occasionally, there are threads I just don't want to see, or be tempted to enter into (e.g., Star Wars Episode 7 thread).  I need a way to keep myself from knowing that it even exists.

I'd quite like a feature like this too, possibly being able to hide a forum and/or thread that doesn't interest me like region specific forums or threads...

Not sure if the issue has already been discussed, but since a couple days or weeks looking up a specific lego set in the price guide on my iPad looks quite odd and there is no option to adjust the default country (US) and currency than this is the case on a PC. Also there is no option to change the mobile look and feel to a desktop version as this is typically possible for most others sites. In particular it is a waste of space on an iPad :( and with the above the price guide is unfortunately not usable.

Any chance to mitigate this?

7 hours ago, Robbietobbie said:

Not sure if the issue has already been discussed, but since a couple days or weeks looking up a specific lego set in the price guide on my iPad looks quite odd and there is no option to adjust the default country (US) and currency than this is the case on a PC. Also there is no option to change the mobile look and feel to a desktop version as this is typically possible for most others sites. In particular it is a waste of space on an iPad :( and with the above the price guide is unfortunately not usable.

The price guide pages are still being worked on.   They had to be modified to work with Google's new requirements.  

7 hours ago, Robbietobbie said:

I will be pushing an update to the price guide page within the next two days that will add back some of the missing features that were ther before.  I will checkover the design on smaller ipads to look for spacing issues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, xeeeej said:

I am getting BCC copies of other member's Topic Notifications.  And I can see their email addresses.  Please turn off the email server until fixed.

Yes, well aware of it.  I have already notified support that something got botched during their last update.  All forum notifications have stopped

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, I've received reports from some members that when links are posted in the Daily Deals, they are sometimes omitted on some mobile devices.  I've witnessed this myself on my IPhone, but Android users said they are ok.  Just another to add to the list.  Thanks

I can confirm. I've seen it in other threads too. I'm also on iPhone.

If I quote the post I can see the contents (e.g. the link) but I don't see it in regular display.

Tonight at 8pm Eastern time on National Geographic channel

is the show "Inside Lego". Looks very interesting!

I don't know which thread this was supposed to be in but I Tivo'd this & watched about 5 minutes then deleted it. I've seen this somewhere before. I don't know if it was the UK thing or if it was just rebroadcast again but oh well...

Saw that. Wasn't too interesting- talked mostly about the Lego culture.

Apparently the creator of the birds line gets about 20,000 euro monthly in royalties. Makes me wish I would come up with a new idea. So back to the culture thing- it's almost like a religion for these guys. Jeff is not exaggerating when he says that Lego takes their reputation very seriously!

• 2 weeks later...

General FAQ - How do I block someone so that I no longer have to read their posts on any topics.  I thought that if I went into the person's profile, then I would be able to block them from showing up in my feed but I was unsuccessful.

A direct message or a reply will be greatly appreciated and thanks!