Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, redghostx said:

General FAQ - How do I block someone so that I no longer have to read their posts on any topics.  I thought that if I went into the person's profile, then I would be able to block them from showing up in my feed but I was unsuccessful.

A direct message or a reply will be greatly appreciated and thanks!

Assuming you're on a desktop, click on your username in the upper left.  It should drop a menu down and under settings you should see ignored users.  If you click on that it should take you to a screen where you can type in a user's name and block them there.

Another way, if you hover your mouse over a user's name it should bring up a box where you can message, ignore, or find content from that person.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've had a lot of issues the past few days getting e-mail notifications on posts in forums that I follow and I've been getting dropped from forums that I follow as well. This has been going on for a few months off and on. Anyone had any similar issues? Remedies? 

I believe I've subscribed to the Tumbler thread more than a dozen times now although I've never unsubscribed from it...

3 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Just wondering, when you go into the price guide, do you now have to go into the theme you want to check a price? There used to be the box to enter the set name/number when you clicked on price guide, but it's not appearing for me anymore. It only appears once I've clicked into a theme.

Click the large "Brickpicker" logo top left of your screen to get to the box.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Just wondering, when you go into the price guide, do you now have to go into the theme you want to check a price? There used to be the box to enter the set name/number when you clicked on price guide, but it's not appearing for me anymore. It only appears once I've clicked into a theme.

You don't see the big search box up in the upper right corner when in the price guide?

16 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

I also don't get that (anymore). Perhaps the admins / mods see it correctly and the regular users don't. When I was an admin (different hobby) that happened sometimes, and some flags had to be reset in order to repair. 

This is what I see when I enter the price guide:

Mods don't have any special powers in that part of the site... The search box is replaced by the twitter and facebook icons for me as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse
3 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I've been having some not show up too. I'm hoping I didn't irritate the mods so, I don't know what's up...

how did you see the "love it thread" test post

Anyone else noticed extremely lengthly loading times again? Some threads take 30-45 seconds to load, and intitial load of community.brickpicker.com is very slow as well. I thought maybe it was my connection, but trying a couple other common sites I visit they load instantly, which leads me to believe it's something on BP's end again. This was a problem for many users some months back in the Fall when the site updates were actively taking place, but it cleared up for most of us (myself included). Now it's back. Just me?

Anyone else noticed extremely lengthly loading times again? Some threads take 30-45 seconds to load, and intitial load of community.brickpicker.com is very slow as well. I thought maybe it was my connection, but trying a couple other common sites I visit they load instantly, which leads me to believe it's something on BP's end again. This was a problem for many users some months back in the Fall when the site updates were actively taking place, but it cleared up for most of us (myself included). Now it's back. Just me?

Not just you.

Just had a though in regards to the stock tracker.  It might be interesting to add a last available date to the out of stock items, much like brickset does for LEGO Shop at Home.  And also on that topic if possible a 3rd party seller display for walmart (like amazon) would be nice since ToyWiz seem to be more and more common these days...