Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Is there a way to implement a small feature in the brickfolio that would show how hot an item is selling on eBay currently. The reason I ask is that I looked at some sets that show high return, but only 2 or 3 out of 20 have sold in the last month, so ideally that may not be a great investment. Maybe something simple like a blue and red bar that shows how "hot" or "cold" an item is selling. Not sure how easy something like this would be to implement based on your data but it could be a very useful tool. This would also come in handy to show something like tons of landspeeders are selling below msrp to show people it is flooding the market at the current price.

Is there a way to implement a small feature in the brickfolio that would show how hot an item is selling on eBay currently. The reason I ask is that I looked at some sets that show high return, but only 2 or 3 out of 20 have sold in the last month, so ideally that may not be a great investment. Maybe something simple like a blue and red bar that shows how "hot" or "cold" an item is selling. Not sure how easy something like this would be to implement based on your data but it could be a very useful tool. This would also come in handy to show something like tons of landspeeders are selling below msrp to show people it is flooding the market at the current price.

It's already there...

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/topsellinglegosets.cfm

I think that the forums should have a new catagory exclusively for posting mocs. There are a lot of cool creations people like to share, and I don't think that 'odds and ends' is specific enough. My two cents.

I don't think its that important and don't want to start seeing 5000 listings of MOCs on this site. This really isn't a MOC related site. If some extraordinary ones come out, they deserve some recognition. There are a lot of other sites that concentrate on this type of thing.

I think that the forums should have a new catagory exclusively for posting mocs. There are a lot of cool creations people like to share, and I don't think that 'odds and ends' is specific enough. My two cents.

Personally, I think that this is more of an "investing site" than a share your Lego Creations/MOC's. Unless the MOC is made by you, then it is not really that interesting or relevant to me...Just my two cents! ;)

Maybe it's in the works or already here and I just haven't found it yet, but it'd be nice to have some kind of want list /watch list feature where I could add a set (maybe a from the Price Guide) to a list of sets I'm monitoring. Case in point, I was browsing the Price Guide looking for the Space set I had as child. Found it, 483-1, but would like to add it to a list so I don't forget about it and can remind myself to purchase next time I see on ebay This would be more of my personal want list and could be a link in the Price Guide or wherever, "Add to Want List"---eventually I could purchase this at some point, go to my Want List, then click a link there to transfer it to my brickfolio. Just a thought---keep up the good work!

Maybe it's in the works or already here and I just haven't found it yet, but it'd be nice to have some kind of want list /watch list feature where I could add a set (maybe a from the Price Guide) to a list of sets I'm monitoring.

Case in point, I was browsing the Price Guide looking for the Space set I had as child. Found it, 483-1, but would like to add it to a list so I don't forget about it and can remind myself to purchase next time I see on ebay This would be more of my personal want list and could be a link in the Price Guide or wherever, "Add to Want List"---eventually I could purchase this at some point, go to my Want List, then click a link there to transfer it to my brickfolio.

Just a thought---keep up the good work!

Yes, we have an excellent idea for this and even have a name for it. It is even more in depth than what you seek. You will see this at some point.

I don't think its that important and don't want to start seeing 5000 listings of MOCs on this site. This really isn't a MOC related site. If some extraordinary ones come out, they deserve some recognition. There are a lot of other sites that concentrate on this type of thing.

It is basically for that reason why I just have the one thread for various MOCs, but I am pretty picky and there has to be something intriguing about it in the first place. As he said, this is still primarily an investment site and it's fine to go off topic some of the time, just not all or most of the time.

Unless the MOC is made by you, then it is not really that interesting or relevant to me...Just my two cents! ;)

Wow. Sounds like nothing much impresses you then. Sheesh.

Yes, we have an excellent idea for this and even have a name for it. It is even more in depth than what you seek. You will see this at some point.

Fantastic---well, I do have more that I would want from it as well, but thought I'd keep it simple at first. Great to hear though.

Is there a way to change your username? When I click on my name and go under account settings, I see a link for username and password and I could have sworn that there was a field to change your username under there... but it is no longer there.... Or perhaps I imagined the whole thing. Just wondering if there was a way to do this.

Is there a way to change your username? When I click on my name and go under account settings, I see a link for username and password and I could have sworn that there was a field to change your username under there... but it is no longer there.... Or perhaps I imagined the whole thing. Just wondering if there was a way to do this.

I believe that there was a place to do this, yet I can't find it either. I think that this is what I did to change mine. (I temporarily changed mine to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt) Go to the main BrickPicker page, then go to "Edit Profile". On the left side, there is a list of actions you can do. Hit "Username and Password". I think there was a spot to change your username before, but now it is only your password.

Edit:

WOOHOOO!!!! My 1000th Post!!

It was there but not anymore. I wonder if it caused problems when sending PM's since those are sent to the username and not something more concrete like an email address.

One suggestion that will improve forum usability: the ability to bookmark / favorite a single post. There are several posts I would like to bookmark for my future reference. There will be a new link under your profile that list all of your favorite posts. This will allow me to access those posts from multiple devices. We have the ability to monitor the threads, but it is so much easier to just jump to the right post you need instead of going through every post in a single thread.

It feels like a lot of new threads get started as opposed to people searching to see if they just need to bump an old thread. Is there a way this can be prevented.

Well this is a problem that exists at any forum. I guess we can work on improving moderation by merging topics. My hands are tied a bit with this forum. We have stated it here a few times that I am waiting to see if they ever release an updated version that has more features. I don't want to invest the time or money into updating this one if it will eventually come out in a new version. I have no timeframe on that. If I find out differently, then I can looking adding some of the features to this one. I just need to wait a bit more to see what happens.

Putting the search engine and putting the disclaimer like they have done is about as much as they can do. I do agree though there are tons of topics that are redundant. I do the best I can to combine the ones that need to be, but i cant get them all. If you want shoot me an email if you see something that needs to be merged and I will merge it.

Jeff, of course I love the work you did here. Suggestions: I would really love if there was an all button when you view your sets in the brickfolio. Breaking them down by theme is nice, but I wish I could view them all at once. As for the brickfolio, I wish there was a budget option built in. As an example, I doubt most people here have a seperate bank account that they use to fund their investments... and I am taking 50% of my profits and moving them into other investments (I know...) and returning 50% back into my budget. If I could track this budget as it expands in the same place I track my sets... I would be very very happy. Also I often find the most used forums stale. Whereas I have to keep going to the home page to find most recent posts. On my mobile device this is a pain. Outside of 2 maybe 3 threads.... the other most active threads will fade within a week usually. I personally would rather see active threads there... but that's just my opinion. Thanks!

Jeff, of course I love the work you did here.

Suggestions: I would really love if there was an all button when you view your sets in the brickfolio. Breaking them down by theme is nice, but I wish I could view them all at once. This is not so easy. For people with a certain number of sets, it will display great, but what about those that have 3000+ sets. It would be one heck of a page to load. I guess I can have different displays for different size brickfolios

As for the brickfolio, I wish there was a budget option built in. As an example, I doubt most people here have a seperate bank account that they use to fund their investments... and I am taking 50% of my profits and moving them into other investments (I know...) and returning 50% back into my budget. If I could track this budget as it expands in the same place I track my sets... I would be very very happy. I like this idea and have thoughts where it can go. We have received some good feedback and ideas on the brickfolio. Once I get this Brick Classifieds done and the New data for the other regions, I will need to go back to the brickfolio to implement those updates.

Also I often find the most used forums stale. Whereas I have to keep going to the home page to find most recent posts. On my mobile device this is a pain. Outside of 2 maybe 3 threads.... the other most active threads will fade within a week usually. I personally would rather see active threads there... but that's just my opinion. I understand what you are saying, and I have a few quick ideas I may be able to add in to make life easier here. As soon as I can get a some spare time.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Jeff. As if I'm not already a pain in the behind, I have one more I forgot. I would love a merge similiar sets button. Example, I purchased several Mandalorian BP at one price and then a few more at a different price and date. While they do both show up next to each other I really wish I could merge them to both reduce the clutter on the my sets page and so I can see a true average cost on that particular set. I am sure some people want to keep them seperate so they can see purchase dates/notes... but if we had a toggle that could merge the same sets I would be ecstatic.

I didn't want to comb through 30 pages of comments and suggestions, so my apologies in advance if this has already been brought up. In your Brickfolio, in addition to the purchase price, it would be nice if there was a field to record the values that you sold the sets for. That way you can show calculations for profit percentages and what not. Thanks!

I would really love if there was an all button when you view your sets in the brickfolio. Breaking them down by theme is nice, but I wish I could view them all at once.

Like Jeff said, when your Brickfolio gets pretty large trying to show them all at once could take a long time to load. But that gives me an idea for an option where you can change how many sets are listed per page like selecting on a drop down option that has "show 25 sets per page" to "show 100 sets per page". I think this was an option in the older Brickfolio that was taken out; I'm not sure.

I didn't want to comb through 30 pages of comments and suggestions, so my apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

In your Brickfolio, in addition to the purchase price, it would be nice if there was a field to record the values that you sold the sets for. That way you can show calculations for profit percentages and what not.

Thanks!

The next version of the Brickfolio will have more of a spreadsheet feel to it. When we get the Brick Classifieds up and running and the UK, Germany and Australia data active, Jeff will look to upgrade the Brickfolio once again.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. As if I'm not already a pain in the behind, I have one more I forgot.

I would love a merge similiar sets button. Example, I purchased several Mandalorian BP at one price and then a few more at a different price and date. While they do both show up next to each other I really wish I could merge them to both reduce the clutter on the my sets page and so I can see a true average cost on that particular set.

I am sure some people want to keep them seperate so they can see purchase dates/notes... but if we had a toggle that could merge the same sets I would be ecstatic.

Well not like its hard to do a little math is it?

i purchased 1 battle pack for 15 and 1 for 10 so i put 2 of them in for 12.50 each.

it takes 5 min to do most of them unless you really got thousand of sets purchased on different prices.

• 3 weeks later...

A small suggestion to add to the bottom of the list of enhancements: Would it be possible when putting in a set number to search for, to have the result page bypassed and go straight to the set's individual detail page if there is only 1 result from your search?