Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I'm having problems adding sets to my brickfolio. After using the search set function, i'm unable to submit. The submit button does not respond... Help!

Sounds browser related.  What are you using?  Is it a current browser?  Sometimes if you are using IE6 or 7, i know there are some strange issues.   If you have chrome or something on your computer, can you try that just to see if it is working for you with them.

Oh, no. Browser issues. I am not computer savvy at all (My Lego spreadsheets are pencil on paper). That's why I surf with an ipad :) Please don't take BP beyond the capabilities of ios. I already can't use most emoticons :(

Lol I'm just being silly but seriously, keep these ridiculously skimpy apple products in mind. Much obliged.

Oh, no. Browser issues. I am not computer savvy at all (My Lego spreadsheets are pencil on paper). That's why I surf with an ipad :) Please don't take BP beyond the capabilities of ios. I already can't use most emoticons :(

Lol I'm just being silly but seriously, keep these ridiculously skimpy apple products in mind. Much obliged.

Well all I am on are Apple products.  Sure the editor doesn't work on IOS, but I know that will change in the new version so good things are coming.  

• Like 2

Sounds browser related.  What are you using?  Is it a current browser?  Sometimes if you are using IE6 or 7, i know there are some strange issues.   If you have chrome or something on your computer, can you try that just to see if it is working for you with them.

If someone is using ie 6 or 7, they may want to skip buying a lego set and upgrade that pentium 4.

If someone is using ie 6 or 7, they may want to skip buying a lego set and upgrade that pentium 4.

Honestly I agree. I would love it if everything I do would work on every system, but there comes a time that you have to draw the line.  "Help me, help you!" :)

I was about to start working on one of my reviews and I signed in but I could not get to my reviews. And then I tried to get to my brick folio, but that did not work either. Then I am on the fourm writing this question signed in when I can't do anything else. What is happening? Please Help Me!

I was about to start working on one of my reviews and I signed in but I could not get to my reviews. And then I tried to get to my brick folio, but that did not work either. Then I am on the fourm writing this question signed in when I can't do anything else. What is happening? Please Help Me!

So if you go from the forum here, to the reviews, you are not logged in?  Does it still show you as logged in?  Do you get an error or does it just try to make you log in again?  When you go to these pages, what exactly is happening.

Hey everyone.....does anyone know where i can find when the update is?? It used to be in the top right corner but now its gone? thanks

The update is in progress now.  Based on my schedule for the next few days, it should be live by Wednesday. Hopefully sooner.  It will return to the homepage, but probably in a different form since I will eventually want to break up the values for the different regions that we have. 

Just a minor gripe, but every time I reply to a thread, the site automatically follows it. Then I get an email for every new reply to that topic. Fills my inbox pretty quick. Is this a bug? Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, it's just a bit of a pain to manually unfollow every thread.

Just a minor gripe, but every time I reply to a thread, the site automatically follows it. Then I get an email for every new reply to that topic. Fills my inbox pretty quick. Is this a bug? Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, it's just a bit of a pain to manually unfollow every thread.

So change your notification settings.  You can control that.

http://community.brickpicker.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but it is pretty difficult skimming through 28 pages of posts, as many of you probably know. OK, I'm just a little lazy.

I know that on the previous "build" of BP, there was a search bar where you could search for a particular thread. Does such a bar exist in the current version?

Also, why are givers of reputation points now unknown?  Was there some problem with that?

Does it really matter if names are shown? I wouldn't look for this this to happen.

I'm with Blackjack on this. Not so much for my own ego, but so that others will know I agree with them. But what's done is done.

I can still click on the reputation points given for a post and see who liked and disliked it. Maybe it's a browser problem?

I think it more of a user problem.

Um, it ain't working for me, either. Maybe it's only available to Moderators? That's cool if that's the case. If not, then I think I might be slightly insulted...

Um, it ain't working for me, either. Maybe it's only available to Moderators? That's cool if that's the case. If not, then I think I might be slightly insulted...

Yeah, I'm with these guys. This is a feature that I liked, mostly for people to be accountable if anything. Anonymous likes and dislikes is something I expect from Facebook. We're all adults here, if not in age then in maturity (most of the time), so I think it's safe to let everyone know what you've agreed/disagreed with.

• Like 1