Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

i Would like to see two other stores added to the sales: that would be Shopko and Kmart... It realliy seems I find my best clearance deals thru Shopko.

We could probably start a sticky note thread just for Shopko and Kmart under the "General Buying & Selling" category. Not sure if they warrant their own category really, Kmart is weird with their sales if and when they have them and Shopko is not available for everyone.

I am wondering if there is a way to add Amazon.UK to the "Current Offers" page. I have found myself doing a lot more shopping via this website and would love to be able to give BP credit for it!

Just click on the Union Jack on top of the page and it will take you to the UK Amazon site.

1 idea.... whenever I post reply the box ''Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread'' is automatically checked on, how about make it so if I un-check it once it remains unchecked unless I check it back on? So I can decide default not the forums?

1 idea.... whenever I post reply the box ''Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread'' is automatically checked on, how about make it so if I un-check it once it remains unchecked unless I check it back on? So I can decide default not the forums?

There is an option for this under your Personal settings - email Settings - "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages".

I am wondering if there is a way to add Amazon.UK to the "Current Offers" page. I have found myself doing a lot more shopping via this website and would love to be able to give BP credit for it!

Yeah i think what Ed was saying was to click this link here to see the sales for Amazon UK:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/amazonDiscounts.cfm?site=Amazon.co.uk

If you are from the US, it will only show US related sites on the set pages, and mostly non US for members outside the US. Once this new data comes in, i will have to do some redesign on those set pages, so I may be able to add more options for the shopping.

We could probably start a sticky note thread just for Shopko and Kmart under the "General Buying & Selling" category. Not sure if they warrant their own category really, Kmart is weird with their sales if and when they have them and Shopko is not available for everyone.

But shopko.com is available to everyone :)

But shopko.com is available to everyone :)

That's true, the website is accessible to anyone. I was only thinking about the physical stores. My mistake.

I propose we clean the forums a bit... We should have 1 random LEGO discussion (favorite minifig poll, and similar thread and 1 forum for QUESTIONS for investing (like is it worth picking this or that on the price, i think rest should be strictly investment discussion (apart from introduction improvements, etc.) Seems alot of mess going up these days. Cos now sometimes I am not 100% sure what is general LEGO investing and what LEGO investing.... some people ask LEGO investing stuff in general some in only Investing.... some then ask LEGO investing questions(new threads) in ''appropriate'' LEGO subtheme (pirates, Trains, LOTR, etc.) So to me it seems all is being thrown differently. Maybe For subthemes (pirates, Train etc.) only mods/admins should open 2 threads for each line. Example. LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS forum. make threads. LEGO LOTR line 1 investing discussion (overall, how theme will do, how sets are retail money wise, money per brick, value, ) LEGO LOTR line 1 questions regarding investing (Questions of members similar to ''Should I get LOTR Shelob attacks for 20$ ???'') LEGO Hobbit line 1 investing discussion LEGO Hobbit line 1 questions regarding investing Then when line 2 comes out (june/December) or whatever) simply add LEGO LOTR line 2 investing discussion . . . . . . I would volunteer for mod and clear that all up, but I guess Ed and Jeff would be mad at me because I would be too Dictator on the forums, so this is my idea how to made forums clean and tidy, and make them better to look through and find answers easier without needing to go through X threads just cos people want Brickpoints. Just a suggestion.

I got something. So I know that the "Evaluation Corner" now has a randomizer if you look at them from the homepage. How about we have one slot at the very top of the list so that we can see the most recent article, that way we don't have to either reload the page like 50 times until we see a new one/think we saw all the old ones. Not sure if this is possible at this time because you have to follow the template, but just an idea for the future...

Another wish I had: On the Brickfolio... I would like to see a spot where I could put the location of the lego; Also another for the sell price of the set I sold... maybe even the profit I made :)

Thanks love this site!

Location of the Lego? Do you mean where you bought it from? Not trying to be rude at all, I'm just not sure what you mean exactly.

As for the selling price and profit made, it is something that will be added in a future update of the Brickfolio.

Trust me, it's on their 'to do' list. ;-)

Can someone explain me this... http://shrani.si/f/2P/BU/26XtkFn/weird.jpg Above link = my brickfolio screenshot... You can evidently see my Least valuable theme = LOTR, but numbers are not matching (same for most valuable theme) Now at first I thought least and most valuable theme = how much I paid for them but i did not pay that much for either most or least valuable, but they are both worth as much as the cake graph shows. So whats the deal?

Can someone explain me this...

http://shrani.si/f/2P/BU/26XtkFn/weird.jpg

Above link = my brickfolio screenshot... You can evidently see my Least valuable theme = LOTR, but numbers are not matching (same for most valuable theme)

Now at first I thought least and most valuable theme = how much I paid for them but i did not pay that much for either most or least valuable, but they are both worth as much as the cake graph shows.

So whats the deal?

Fixed.

I need to add a support/helpdesk ticket system so questions like this don't get lost in these pages.

I got something. So I know that the "Evaluation Corner" now has a randomizer if you look at them from the homepage. How about we have one slot at the very top of the list so that we can see the most recent article, that way we don't have to either reload the page like 50 times until we see a new one/think we saw all the old ones. Not sure if this is possible at this time because you have to follow the template, but just an idea for the future...

We can do anything here, but again, this was something Ed and I wanted to test out. By rotating the stories on the home page, we noticed the older posts got a lot more reads, comments, etc because people now noticed them. Most users like clicking on things that are right in front of them and don't dig deep into the site. So even though others may have seen the articles, others didn't and it looked new to them. The home page will probably be changing a bit in time, so like it won't stay like this.

Location of the Lego? Do you mean where you bought it from? Not trying to be rude at all, I'm just not sure what you mean exactly.

As for the selling price and profit made, it is something that will be added in a future update of the Brickfolio.

Trust me, it's on their 'to do' list. ;-)

I mean where I store it... my inventory

Fixed.

I need to add a support/helpdesk ticket system so questions like this don't get lost in these pages.

Thanks Jeff, shows correctly now... was this universal problem or only in my Brickfolio?

You you do need some sort of tickets, first I wanted to open new thread for this but thought ''nah'' then I thought maybe I should just PM you then i decided maybe someone else has the same problem so best to post it under ''questions''

Ok this is probably a premium feature, but I recently found myself wondering about eBay sales based on themes... Like: - which theme had the highest selling set ($)? - which theme appreciated, depreciated the most? - which theme had the highest volume of sales, total $ value too? Since it seems that most people invest in a theme or even subthemes like trains it would neat to see some more analytics out of the data you get. I'd pay for more!

Ok this is probably a premium feature, but I recently found myself wondering about eBay sales based on themes... Like:

- which theme had the highest selling set ($)? Easy one. 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon retailed for $499.99

- which theme appreciated, depreciated the most? See

ME.

- which theme had the highest volume of sales, total $ value too? Gonna guess SW for this one...

Since it seems that most people invest in a theme or even subthemes like trains it would neat to see some more analytics out of the data you get. I'd pay for more!

ME.

- which theme had the highest volume of sales, total $ value too? Gonna guess SW for this one...

Since it seems that most people invest in a theme or even subthemes like trains it would neat to see some more analytics out of the data you get. I'd pay for more!

Not sure if these are the answers to you questions, but I tried. :)

Yes of course it should be 10179 .. but what about crazy ass auctions like this one?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360626843019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

How about the top 10, by theme?

And I know that link shows the overall CAGR, but the month-to-month change would be nice too (and as a relatively new person to this site, I never found that data right away either).

When you do totals like # sets and $ value you can get averages and a whole bunch of neat and useful information.. rather than just guessing SW. :)

Hell, if Jeff is any kind of programmer he'd just give a full featured English language query engine to analyze the data ourselves. We could save and share our queries with others! Should be easy enough, heck he can probably just find one on Codeplex ready to use! Just plug it in! A couple jquery tweaks and away we go!

(as a fellow web developer, I am constantly laughing at those who just say it's already been done so it should be easy!)