Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Oh! It's not your fault. Just ranting about the Collectible Minifigures and their listings. Usually I can easily change a picture on a set, but they were all messed up and they weren't letting me change them to the proper image. It's frustration on my part when I have to ask Jeff to do this kind of simple adjustments.

The Collectible Minifigures just have bad data all the time and I love them as investments, but as eBay listings, they are tough to get accurate numbers for. People constantly package them in lots and describe them incorrectly. As we mature more as a site, we might find numerous volunteers that might want to start tackling the Minifigure categorizing so we can come up with prices for them. Sorry once again for my grouchy attitude.

No need to apologize. I didn't think you were being grouchy with me or anything. I can relate to the frustation of asking someone else's help for something that should be as simple as say, opening a bottle of soda. I know you've explaned times before about how tricky it is to find eBay listings for the Minifigures. Kind of like what you said, listings with random titles and descriptions for characters that technically are not 'sets' and do not have official numbers.

I did manage to update my Brickfolio with my latest Series 9 guys, and then went over my complete list to see how everything was. If the image and set pages for them is fixed, I will plan on later to go over and see which ones I need to either change the quantity or the minifigure entirely. (I have a Bandit listed with a quantity of 1, and I don't have the Bandit.) What I had meant by me updating my minifigs later was, for Series 6 & 8 I can't remember exactly how many I have of which character. It was nothing at you if it sounded that way.

It just wasn't really that big of deal for me and it did not need to be gone through right that second, so when you said they were being a real butthead, I just figured to let it be and come back to it at another time. That's all.

No need to apologize. I didn't think you were being grouchy with me or anything. I can relate to the frustation of asking someone else's help for something that should be as simple as say, opening a bottle of soda. I know you've explaned times before about how tricky it is to find eBay listings for the Minifigures. Kind of like what you said, listings with random titles and descriptions for characters that technically are not 'sets' and do not have official numbers.

I did manage to update my Brickfolio with my latest Series 9 guys, and then went over my complete list to see how everything was. If the image and set pages for them is fixed, I will plan on later to go over and see which ones I need to either change the quantity or the minifigure entirely. (I have a Bandit listed with a quantity of 1, and I don't have the Bandit.) What I had meant by me updating my minifigs later was, for Series 6 & 8 I can't remember exactly how many I have of which character. It was nothing at you if it sounded that way.

It just wasn't really that big of deal for me and it did not need to be gone through right that second, so when you said they were being a real butthead, I just figured to let it be and come back to it at another time. That's all.

Jeff fixed 6 and 8 I believe. 9 looks good I think. Speaking of Series 9 CMs. I LOVE THEM! The best series so far IMO.

Jeff fixed 6 and 8 I believe. 9 looks good I think. Speaking of Series 9 CMs. I LOVE THEM! The best series so far IMO.

Definately! Each Series is becoming more well rounded than the last (can't think of one I like the least).

Despite the new ratio, I found a good number of the rarer ones. (I really like the "Waiter"!)

Hey guys, I have a suggestion that I think might be pretty cool. As new investors come on board they do not have the experience of watching set prices fluxuate and sometimes wait too long or not long enough to buy a set. How about a simple tool that records the lowest a set is ever sold for. I understand how hard that might be to keep track of for everywhere bogos etc. But amazon is pretty competitive and if I knew how low a set hit it could be a good gauge for me on a similiar set or the same set later. Great example was someone asking about the ewok set being retired and available right now at msrp. One of the responses was that it was being sold for a while at $12/ea. That kind of info for every set could be invaluable. Regards, Cody

Hey guys,

I have a suggestion that I think might be pretty cool. As new investors come on board they do not have the experience of watching set prices fluxuate and sometimes wait too long or not long enough to buy a set.

How about a simple tool that records the lowest a set is ever sold for. I understand how hard that might be to keep track of for everywhere bogos etc. But amazon is pretty competitive and if I knew how low a set hit it could be a good gauge for me on a similiar set or the same set later.

Great example was someone asking about the ewok set being retired and available right now at msrp. One of the responses was that it was being sold for a while at $12/ea. That kind of info for every set could be invaluable.

Regards,

Cody

It's already there. On the Price Guide page, right under the Amazon listing, it shows you the highest and lowest prices of a set from CamelCamel.com. Here's what it looks like:

View Price History | View 3rd Party History

Hmm. Wasn't arock68 a Moderator before?

Yes he was and a good one at that, but all of his focus is needed for his business model and that doesn't leave him much time for this site at the moment. He has been gone for awhile and could still be for a time longer, so while he still is a member he just doesn't have the time to be a fulltime modman anymore. He may return someday and I hope he does.

Just wondering if you would you give his moderator position to someone like Legodog or save it for when he comes back? Do you even his position filled by someone?

We are considering several people and the job is always open for Aaron if he chooses to come back.

The Minifigure listings are right, save for a few showing the wrong image.

The listings (if any) are correct and so are the links I think, it just seems to be the image shown that is not.

Series 8

Conquistador

Team GB

Agile Archer

Brawny Boxer

Flexible Gymnast

Wonderous Weightlifter

Relay Runner

Stealth Swimmer

Horseback Rider

And the Graduate minifigure listing is missing from Series 5 alltogether.

I'm sorry for being a nudge about this again.

Wasn't intending to be a nag.

The Minifigure listings are right, save for a few showing the wrong image.

The listings (if any) are correct and so are the links I think, it just seems to be the image shown that is not.

Series 8

Conquistador

Team GB

Agile Archer

Brawny Boxer

Flexible Gymnast

Wonderous Weightlifter

Relay Runner

Stealth Swimmer

Horseback Rider

And the Graduate minifigure listing is missing from Series 5 alltogether.

I'm sorry for being a nudge about this again.

Wasn't intending to be a nag.

Fixed

Is it possible to have in the search results of when a person looks up a set they are researching for data that the results of a forum search could come up to? This might be useful in a way a person is researching a set and could see if it has been discussed in the forums at all. I know there is a lot of information already provided in a sets search results so it might be an overwhelming thing to add, just a thought. Whether the idea is accepted or not, keep up the good work, the site is really great.

We are considering several people and the job is always open for Aaron if he chooses to come back. How about a vote by the BrickPicker members, unanimous, of course!jeff and I will talk about it. If people are interested, they can PM Jeff or myself.

I have some ideas about how to better organize the forum, but let me start by saying that I hugely appreciate your commitment to the site and I understand how many other, more important upgrades you are dedicated to. I love the forum set up but there are a few things that I believe could make it easier to find forum topics. I love the way that the forums are set up now where you can see which topic has been most recently posted on, but many topics are lost for months until they are revived when someone finds it, posts on it and it appears as the most recently posted on topic under that category. I think it would be easier if topics were sorted under the month they were posted in,and maybe if you had more sub-categories under each category. Let me just say that my favorite thing about the forum setup is the area at the bottom where the new topics show up. It is such a great feature! That's just my 2 cents.