Thread of Packaging Excellence

Too bad we can't split posts, that second sentence belongs in the "What did you do today?" thread.

I'm so very, very lost now. Apparently, I starting reading this mess right in the middle... I gotta say though, there really should be a "you need to have x amount of posts before you can make a new thread" rule though. Newer members don't realize that we see tons of new threads started over and over when there are more appropriate threads already. Instead, they see us as crotchety or other words I won't repeat as this is a family oriented site...

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I'm so very, very lost now. Apparently, I starting reading this mess right in the middle...emoji46.png I gotta say though, there really should be a "you need to have x amount of posts before you can make a new thread" rule though...emoji4.png

See - if I could split your post, I'd move that second sentence to one of the feedback threads! But to your statement... new members need to have their first 5 posts approved which include creating new threads. Plenty of new threads never get approved. :)

• Like 2

On 3/18/2016 at 0:40 AM, gregpj said:

Now, now, children... let's play nicely together at the park.

@Substored I think the point pete911 was trying to make is that we have a thread dedicated to my order status, another to packaging excellence, and probably even a better one where this could have been posted and had a lot more eyes getting notifications that a question had come in.

@pete411 ... Can you give the mods a chance here? It was posted 3 hours ago.... it would have gotten moved/merged.

Sorry about that. wasnt sure if it fit into that thread. read through some of it and those were pretty extreme. But thanks for moving it for me.

Sorry about that. wasnt sure if it fit into that thread. read through some of it and those were pretty extreme. But thanks for moving it for me.

No worries... It's a tough one. Lots of people post those questions in the thread of the set too. Also, a picture if it's really bad will help. Sometimes people talk about creasing and have the teeniest corner crush and other times it looks like they've been used as a stepping stool.

What did you decide to do with it?

Not so much the quality of the packaging here, but the quality of counting.  Ordered two 60036 online from TRU on Sunday morning during the clearance, plus the free Airjitzu.  Box arrived Tuesday afternoon, it had shipped out of Iowa to Minnesota.

I picked up the box from the front step and immediately thought "no way this is heavy enough for two 60036 in here."  Sure enough, the packing slip said there were two but physically only one in the box.  With PLENTY of spare room for another.

Called up customer service, hoping they would believe me.  They did and it's taken care of.  But since they're gone, there wasn't another one to ship to me as a replacement.

Edited by rpaulson7

For some reason the Creator Fairground Mixer hates me.  All three I have bought show up squished.  Most recently from Lego themselves.  Whoever packed it forced twice as many air pillows as needed into the box, creating a nice fold in the middle of the box...

Every time I order an exclusive from LEGO Shop at Home, the item looks like someone held it up in the air as high as they could before dropping it in one corner since the shipping box is immaculate. Before sealing the box they lift the exclusive up and slide the promo underneath for a forever imprint...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

Every time I order an exclusive from LEGO Shop at Home, the item looks like someone held it up in the air as high as they could before dropping it in one corner since the shipping box is immaculate. Before sealing the box they lift the exclusive up and slide the promo underneath for a forever imprint...

That would be going back to a B&M store the day I received it for a replacement............. Ive brought many sets back with a lot less damage.

Woah...sad to hear this. This 2X VIP period I've managed to pick up:

1x GBHQ

1x SC

1x TF

1x S1

1x EV

2x Easter Chicken

2x Wedding Favour

1x Pirate Chess

All arrived quite in good shape, near minty I'd say, seals all perfect.

But I am only a collector, not a reseller. Maybe they have some kind of sixth sense for it :)

3 hours ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Got a shipping confirmation on my UCS tie from Walmart. Dimensions listed as 14x14x14 on the FedEx tracker, so safe to say they didn't just slap a shipping label on the Lego set like others have experienced. Delivery date March 30th

Um. No way a ucs tie fits in a 14 by 14 box. The fo tie is a 16x16

I got a confirmation from WM that my 2 UCS TF's shipped in a box this big: 29 X 20 X 8. I cancelled my single order after ordering 2 (to my house) in hopes that they would HAVE to package 2 together and thus MAYBE 1 would make it unscathed. That way I can avoid my previous calamities with WM and UCS boxes being labeled like the Scarlet Letter. We'll see....something tells me I might have a return to make. :-/

On 3/23/2016 at 5:03 AM, rpaulson7 said:

Not so much the quality of the packaging here, but the quality of counting.  Ordered two 60036 online from TRU on Sunday morning during the clearance, plus the free Airjitzu.  Box arrived Tuesday afternoon, it had shipped out of Iowa to Minnesota.

I picked up the box from the front step and immediately thought "no way this is heavy enough for two 60036 in here."  Sure enough, the packing slip said there were two but physically only one in the box.  With PLENTY of spare room for another.

Called up customer service, hoping they would believe me.  They did and it's taken care of.  But since they're gone, there wasn't another one to ship to me as a replacement.

Man, I hate that! It's happened at least twice to me from TRU. All records show that the right quantity was shipped, so it's just our word that we were shorted a set.

8 hours ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Well now I'm excited to see what comes. Maybe they just entered the wrong dimensions. Either way I goto Walmart twice a week, so it's not a hassle to return it.

Probably just entered wrong dimensions. Or some standard dimensional weight size so it doesnt matter. Or they shoved it in diagonally ;)