Thread of Packaging Excellence

3 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Dear, TRU.com,

Thank you for deterring potential theives from taking the beat up sets you shipped me.

1f644.png

I hate those spider wraps so much. They are 100% effective at destroying Lego boxes.

Nice flower motif on the bed linen though.

I'm done with John Lewis now, just received a Fair Ground Mixer, no bubble wrap, massive hole in the side of the box, crappy bin liner.  Ordering online is becoming a lottery, and because the 'product' itself isn't damage and its just packaging, (which as a reseller is very important) customer service are very reluctant to offer much if any discount.  The only companies I feel comfortable with now are Amazon and Asda . . .  

Caveat emptor people !

Guest TabbyBoy
On 15/12/2016 at 5:00 PM, Manse1001 said:

I'm done with John Lewis now, just received a Fair Ground Mixer, no bubble wrap, massive hole in the side of the box, crappy bin liner.  Ordering online is becoming a lottery, and because the 'product' itself isn't damage and its just packaging, (which as a reseller is very important) customer service are very reluctant to offer much if any discount.  The only companies I feel comfortable with now are Amazon and Asda . . .  

Caveat emptor people !

Try C&C as then you'll always seem get them boxed at JL. You're right, it is a lottery as I dedided to return one of my BWEs to Asda as that was in a bin-liner with a hole in the box. It was just out of the returns period but, I was given about £20 more in vouchers as the price had gone up since I ordered. Not a problem as I shop a lot there anyway ;-)

This is "Silly Season" so all retailers are cutting corners to get items out as quickly as possible. TRU & Argos being the worst who I don't go to anymore.

@feed... You could've ordered a lot more GG you know as he'll make £10 easily off eBay soon enough ;-)

On 12/15/2016 at 5:00 PM, Manse1001 said:

Caveat emptor people !

you must have received the 1 that I returned a month ago, Mine was also left out in the rain. I emailed them and they offered to pick it up or i could take it back to store. pick up i would have had to wait 2 weeks for a refund. They did give me a £20 online voucher as compo.

But I feel the same as you it is a risk with online, might just be over christmas with companies under pressure to get the orders out.

Guest TabbyBoy
49 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Not quite as bad as the spider wrap incident...but another fine example of some of the laziness that goes on in the TRU shipping dept. 

"Merry Christmas lil' Johnny!! Please ignore all of the labeling and packaging tape!!"

Ridiculous!!

Why do people still shop at this God foresaken company? It may well be a little cheaper but, their shipping and customer service is the worst I have ever come across. Finally... I got my refund from PayPal as TRU still DID NOT reply to any message. PayPal UK told me that they're going to revise their agreement with TRU UK since the level of service is that bad. They made no hesitation to tell me that I'm not alone. Hopefully TRU will be leaving the UK as Smyths appear to be dong very well.

Why do people still shop at this God foresaken company? It may well be a little cheaper but, their shipping and customer service is the worst I have ever come across. Finally... I got my refund from PayPal as TRU still DID NOT reply to any message. PayPal UK told me that they're going to revise their agreement with TRU UK since the level of service is that bad. They made no hesitation to tell me that I'm not alone. Hopefully TRU will be leaving the UK as Smyths appear to be dong very well.

Don't worry, TRU is being crushed in the US by Amazon & Walmart. They'll go the way of Sears & Kmart shortly (with UK operations shuttering or being sold off as well).
  • Like 1

I have some fond childhood memories from shopping at toysrus. They just need to get their act together....585c77f0cd472_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

• 2 weeks later...