Thread of Packaging Excellence

My best was from amazon uk of set 42042 : they just stuck the labels to the outside of the lego box; no need for packaging, it is a box already.  I complained and got a large discount as it was for myself and not to sell on.

I had read that Amazon was starting to pull a Walmart, slapping labels on the sets. :( What do we have to do now, add a gift receipt? They'll probably just tape that to the set too. At least one tape was so shifted from its original place, I had to verify the contents. Thank goodness it was one of the few sets I'd keep for myself.

PhotoGrid_1468260515733.jpg

Guest brickcrazyhouse

it's packaging like this, that makes Fedex drivers disappear.  

I know most of us have at least one screw loose but seriously @Phil B you ordered 8 screws? 

14 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

it's packaging like this, that makes Fedex drivers disappear.  

I know most of us have at least one screw loose but seriously @Phil B you ordered 8 screws? 

Lots of people on the TIE/Prime day thread today believe I have more than just 8 screws loose :)

• 4 weeks later...

oh...

I had an order from tesco-direct that was the best packed lego box I ever received - lego box itself wrapped in bubble wrap all the way round, then the entire packaging box filled with bubble wrap top and bottom.  So I guess my packer was an AFOL and yours hated lego...

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon. Really going down hill on packaging materials. In the last two weeks I've received three different shipments/orders that have been totally unacceptable.

I'm talking no inner packing materials, instead, a scattering of crumpled brown shipping paper. No air pillows, bubble wrap, etc.

Then there's the issue of packing delicate/lightweight items in the same box as heavy items. It's called gravity, conveyor belts, and a freight truck, Google them. What exactly did they think was going to happen?

Opening each box is an adventure now. It looks like a W.T.F. Bomb went off inside each package.

One Funko arrived broken, two Funko boxes arrived crushed, a brand new LEGO box is crumpled. I want to return it all on principle, but I also don't want to get labeled a problem/prima donna type buyer.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well no protective bubble wrap or paper inside of course.

My Indominous Rex's survived "okay".  One is in very good shape, the other has some damage on a corner.  But I used the TRU gift cards from earlier this week, average buy in around $80, and would a return even be worth it since that is a hassle with the gift cards?

image.jpg

image.jpg

My order from TRU came in an undamaged, appropriately sized box. 2 Minecraft sets placed flat, 2 speed champions places vertically. Unfortunately some clever soul in Groveport, OH decided to add a few pouches of air, and placed them partially on top of the vertical boxes, resulting in Friends-style indentations in each of the 2 Speed Champions sets. Luckily those were for personal build.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

My order from TRU came in an undamaged, appropriately sized box. 2 Minecraft sets placed flat, 2 speed champions places vertically. Unfortunately some clever soul in Groveport, OH decided to add a few pouches of air, and placed them partially on top of the vertical boxes, resulting in Friends-style indentations in each of the 2 Speed Champions sets. Luckily those were for personal build.

My Speed Champions got shipped separately and have yet to arrive.  Fingers crossed on those.

Well no protective bubble wrap or paper inside of course.

My Indominous Rex's survived "okay".  One is in very good shape, the other has some damage on a corner.  But I used the TRU gift cards from earlier this week, average buy in around $80, and would a return even be worth it since that is a hassle with the gift cards?

image.jpg

image.jpg

There's no hassle if you return it at your local TRU. They will just put the balance on merchandise credit, which is the same as giftcard.

• 3 weeks later...