Thread of Packaging Excellence

Just now, legogregors said:

A quick google search on FedEx smoking policy:

"...The company policy on smoking is plain and simple. No smoking in any Fedex facility or company vehicle including company cars..."

Not sure we have access to the actual policy but this sounds right. 

That is horrible service, please continue to escalate and keep us posted.

The next time I'm in the drop off location, I think I'll bring it up there and have them lookup the policy.  I need to make time for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

This would probably go in a thread of delivery excellence, but since we don't have one, here we go.

I feel weird for being that guy, but I just filed my 3rd complaint with FedEx over my delivery driver.  She is not my driver 100% of the time, but she delivers often enough that I know it's her when she drops off a package.  It started just before holidays when Toysrus.com had their LEGO storage bin sale.  I receive the 2 boxes and both reeked of cigarette smoke.  I mean horrible...

Since then, even when I met her outside, she has reeked of smoke and so have the packages.  Yes, it's cardboard and the smoke permeates through easily.  They drive FedEx delivery vans and she is obviously smoking inside the cab along with the packages.  It's terrible and I have to unbox these in the garage and sometimes I have to wipe down the LEGO boxes and let them air out. 

It started out where I wrote FedEx twice.  The first time the message must not have been passed along, so I escalated.  She must have finally received the message.  Since then, believe it or not, she has been dousing the packages with horrible smelling perfume.  Now I have packages that reek with a mixture of cigarette smoke and cheap perfume.  It is pungent and you can smell them from several feet away.  I just filed another complaint this weekend after I received my cigfume covered box, which inside was my Ghostbuster's Headquarters.

It would make a huge difference if she would just exit the vehicle when smoking and not smoke while driving around.

I don't see what the problem is, If they reek of cigarettes and perfume then it sounds like they had a good time :cool:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, California92563 said:

I don't see what the problem is, If they reek of cigarettes and perfume then it sounds like they had a good time :cool:

They just spent the evening in a Parisian bordello. Stop hatin

39 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Really! Watch out Target is turning into Walmart.

Yeah I've had to return (3) PRs to Target this month. Ordered in pairs. First pair were in a box that wasn't tall enough to stack them internally so they both got crushed.

Then Target sent me a replacement pair and one actually had a 1" hole in the box. Outer shipping carton was fine. Not as bad as no shipping carton, but still. Target is testing my patience.

Even on small sets I've had really bad luck with Target.com recently.  They slap barcode stickers on everything for what I can only imagine is inventory control.  They tear the box when you try to remove them and many times the boxes arrive in bad shape as is.

29 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

If I can get a sizable discount when returning at the store I may keep it for a nice build. Last time I built a big set like this was with the superstar destroyer 10221. Time to shake off the rust.

You'd have to call/ email cs, they won't give you a discount In store they'd just let you return it. 

Edited by California92563

3 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Even on small sets I've had really bad luck with Target.com recently.  They slap barcode stickers on everything for what I can only imagine is inventory control.  They tear the box when you try to remove them and many times the boxes arrive in bad shape as is.

4 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Yeah I've had to return (3) PRs to Target this month. Ordered in pairs. First pair were in a box that wasn't tall enough to stack them internally so they both got crushed.

Then Target sent me a replacement pair and one actually had a 1" hole in the box. Outer shipping carton was fine. Not as bad as no shipping carton, but still. Target is testing my patience.

4 hours ago, brickology101 said:

Really! Watch out Target is turning into Walmart.

You guys made me scared, but the F40 I just received from Target's ebay store (bought with the C20FLASH ebay promotion) arrived in mint condition, properly boxed with air pillows and all. Phew.

Edited by Phil B

Yup shipped. finally got it today opened the box and saw a large crease in the front and a small one on the side. Uggh . Has anyone tried to call them about this sort of thing? I dont really want to send it back unless they can guarantee i get another and even then who knows if it will be better or worse condition. Any thoughts or advise. Should i just bite the bullet on this and take the hit when i sell it down the road.

I always call about damaged boxes..I will call and explain and they are always super nice about it...they usually give you the resend/ return option or $10 or so off via VIP points.... At this point I would prob take the $10 off...I mean you got it from Lego you know it's legit..hang on to it..IMO

16 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

I always call about damaged boxes..I will call and explain and they are always super nice about it...they usually give you the resend/ return option or $10 or so off via VIP points.... At this point I would prob take the $10 off...I mean you got it from Lego you know it's legit..hang on to it..IMO

Thanks for the feedback, never had to call them before so wasnt sure what to expect.

1 minute ago, pete411 said:

How is this its own thread. I bought some bread today.

yeah your right.. why should people help out those who dont have experience in this.. In fact why not post on a post that YOU deem unworthy. Who knows maybe ill be an ass as well when i hit 450+ posts and then i can join your elite club. But thanks for the tip and feedback ill cherish it always.

Thanks for the feedback, never had to call them before so wasnt sure what to expect.

I had a recent issue with the Sandcrawler and they offered me 600 VIP points or another set equivalent to 600 points to be delivered free. In the end I decided to return it and pop into a store to pick one up to make sure there wouldn't be a repeat since I had same concerns with issues with reselling in the future. Didn't try to haggle for more but others here suggested that I could've got more if I had pushed it since doing a return is an obvious pain for them. Mine was returned to Germany, so the postage alone for that would have been quite a bit so you can see why they would do whatever they can do persuade you to keep it

Now, now, children... let's play nicely together at the park.

@Substored I think the point pete911 was trying to make is that we have a thread dedicated to my order status, another to packaging excellence, and probably even a better one where this could have been posted and had a lot more eyes getting notifications that a question had come in.

@pete411 ... Can you give the mods a chance here? It was posted 3 hours ago.... it would have gotten moved/merged.

• Like 1