Thread of Packaging Excellence

12 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

haha - my recent TRU orders came that way too. medium sized sets packed in a refrigerator box. happens to me sometimes too when I'm shipping sets - "I'm out of appropriately sized boxes.....make a run to the supply store or ship this in a comically over-sized box? Over-sized box it is."

The funny thing is I got the other three (I ordered 5 total) today in a box so small they were crushed. Love ya TRU!

Does any one here have experience packing their sets with "Shrink Wrap Film" ? I am packing all my sets in individual uline boxes and halfway though it, the "wise" person we all have at home aka "Wife" asked if down the road would the film stick to the art box...... uhmmmm???  Would it?  

I am packing them this way as i am sending them away for storage , and I think the wrap will prevent humidity, dust and critters to damage the box..... 

Any thoughts?

BR

12387903_770209316439884_1454519407_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The stuff I get from them usually isn't too bad, but they're only 2 hrs from me.

Lol I just remember all of the horror stories about that warehouse on here, and incase my name didn't give it away I'm located in California :P so it was quite a ways 

Edited by California92563

1 hour ago, thecrapweasel said:

I think my TRU box experience beats anyone's.  This is everything that was inside.  No bubble bags or anything.  LOL 56721e7cc138c_2014-12-0220.06.13.thumb.j

25 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

That's the same box I got the Lord Business Lair in.  The set, however, did not break into 32 colorful pieces.

19 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

A huge box like that is a free toy for both cats and kids. not comparing the two just saying

I feel like Charlie Brown right now...... 

image.gif.170509aa884f851ba499235a7f3c69

Edited by California92563
  • Like 4

I have seen a lot of Kmart style packaging on ebay lately. Lego sets wrapped in paper, Funko's and other boxes sent in a bubble envelope .  I now assume that every Lego seller on eBay used to work for Kmart or TRU fulfillment.  Target has been terrible lately as well - a damp pet shop box (is this worth contacting them for, or just leave it, the box itself is not terrible, the seals have moved of course)

However, I received a nice surprise today from a family member as a gift from her kids/family. 

Nicely packaged 24x20x6 box - must be a Mystery Machine from Target.

Mystery-1.thumb.jpg.34eccc027f976d62d5c5

Actual padding inside the box as well?  I'm confused but I have a guess.

Mystery-2.thumb.jpg.670f14d92689553b8ad1

Mystery solved, now that's how you package a Lego set.

56725c203b913_Nomysterynow.thumb.jpg.7fe

Building time! :D Or maybe not, the seals aren't broken so this presents a rather significant dilemma.

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I recall seeing a post in another thread with pictures of the gut-wrenching activities in a returns warehouse where they liquidate LEGO sets, but after several hours of searching haven't been able to find that post back. So let me post the following link here, an article on WIRED.com about the people behind the returns process and how they make their money. http://www.wired.com/2016/01/holiday-returns-supply-chain/

When I read it, I thought: "I'd like a slice of that business, and then set aside all LEGO and run a part-out BL business". Second thought was "Is there a liquidator like this close to where I live so I can bid on lots?" - haven't been able to find one yet that deals with toys though. But if someone here is in the Greater Chicago area - your liquidator is featured in the article ....

If anyone knows where the other post is with the images of LEGO being tossed and about to be destroyed, please let me know so I can cross-post.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I recall seeing a post in another thread with pictures of the gut-wrenching activities in a returns warehouse where they liquidate LEGO sets, but after several hours of searching haven't been able to find that post back. So let me post the following link here, an article on WIRED.com about the people behind the returns process and how they make their money. http://www.wired.com/2016/01/holiday-returns-supply-chain/

When I read it, I thought: "I'd like a slice of that business, and then set aside all LEGO and run a part-out BL business". Second thought was "Is there a liquidator like this close to where I live so I can bid on lots?" - haven't been able to find one yet that deals with toys though. But if someone here is in the Greater Chicago area - your liquidator is featured in the article ....

If anyone knows where the other post is with the images of LEGO being tossed and about to be destroyed, please let me know so I can cross-post.

Ask and ye shall receive.

• Like 1