Thread of Packaging Excellence

I think Target needs a uline catalog. Lets play find the modular. And yes there's only one in the box. Had a Big Ben handy to help w scale.

2115315c697c6646cb3fd6957678d604.jpg

Waiting on my dinner to cook and just for kicks counted the air pillows. 104! 104 freakin air pillows!

Look on the bright side - at least there were air pillows in there!  

I want to commend Kmart on their most recent deliveries because my sets have been packaged with lots of air bubbles and the recent delivery of Mystery Machines came in the manufacturer's carton.  Kmart still use bags sometimes but it's nice to see that some people actually care about their jobs.

• Like 3

I want to commend Kmart on their most recent deliveries because my sets have been packaged with lots of air bubbles and the recent delivery of Mystery Machines came in the manufacturer's carton.  Kmart still use bags sometimes but it's nice to see that some people actually care about their jobs.

recently all my mid sized kmart orders have come in boxes, though the last one had no air bags at all.  All sets have come in with no or minimal crushing.  Only thing that has come in a bag was a single trooper pack, which actually survived pretty well, by sheer luck.

Edited by jay4e

Well an update on the orders from kmart.  Received the second Mystery Machine, this one also came in a decent size box but with no pillows or any other padding. But the set is in prefect condition.  Raptor Rampage came in a bag, with a big crease down the front.  Not horrible shape considering but not good.  I did note the the bag came from NY and the boxes from NH, so maybe its the fulfillment center that matters.

Edited by jay4e

Is anyone else now receiving single sets from Target in a plastic Target shipping bag?  I ordered one Raptor Rampage last week and it arrived in the plastic bag and the box was crushed.  The seals were still intact at least.

I hope this isn't Target's new way of shipping single orders of medium-sized sets.

It's happened to some of us in the past, rather inconsistently.

• Like 1

Just when Kmart does the right thing and packs your item in a sturdy carton, then UPS takes over.  I called UPS on this one.  I hope they allow me to keep it with a partial refund... will they do that?  I'd like to build it :)

Just a follow-up... shortly after reporting it to UPS, I got an email from Kmart saying the item had been "delayed" and also noting (per UPS) the package was "damaged, left with recipient"... or something to that effect.  I waited a week or so with no other word from Kmart, then contacted them via web-chat. I asked if my item was being replaced, refunded, or what?  After a few minutes chat, looking at different options, local store pick-ups (40 miles away), etc, she offered to refund my money. I told her that I had ordered 2, and used $10 in surprise points, so my cost was $25 each + tax. She replied, "we have refunded $29.99 + tax, and we'd also like to give you a 10% discount if you wish to reorder. When it comes back in stock, just order it, then contact us again and we can apply the discount".  I said "Thank you!" She never mentioned returning the damaged one... now a few business days later, I see the credit on my credit card account... still no request from Kmart about returning the damaged one... I guess we're building a Mystery Machine tonight! :D

• Like 1

Target has been ok for me so far, but yesterday I got an Indominus Rex in a freakin' bag.  I mean who in their right mind thinks it's ok to ship a $130 item in a bag?  It was absolutely crushed and seals were popped on both sides.  Looked like a Mosasaur got ahold of it.  I'm returning it to the store and letting them deal with it.  

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

Target has been ok for me so far, but yesterday I got an Indominus Rex in a freakin' bag.  I mean who in their right mind thinks it's ok to ship a $130 item in a bag?  It was absolutely crushed and seals were popped on both sides.  Looked like a Mosasaur got ahold of it.  I'm returning it to the store and letting them deal with it.  

Probably the same people who think a shipping label belongs on the side of a $200 or $300 exclusive...

pics or it didn't happen :devil: