Thread of Packaging Excellence

I'm embarrassed to say I received my City Vehicles and Minecraft Mine from KMart sets in boxes, with plenty of packing, and in excellent condition.  They even wrapped one of my Star Wars battle packs individually in bubble wrap.

I just fell out of my chair at work. My boss is coming over now to ask what happened. :jester:

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed to say I received my City Vehicles and Minecraft Mine from KMart sets in boxes, with plenty of packing, and in excellent condition.  They even wrapped one of my Star Wars battle packs individually in bubble wrap.

This, and the deep discounts of course, is what keeps me coming back to KMart. It's a bit like Russian Roulette or something less lethal like playing a slot machine.

Edited by biking_tiger
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I received a parcel from London Drugs today (I'd say they're like Walgreens for all our US friends... not sure about elsewhere... but they sell a little of everything). They're having a good sale on some LEGO right now but many BP members have been receiving them in bags and we all know how that often turns out.

I received a single TREX tracker in black sticky wrap, taped up, in suprisingly good but the other order arrived like this. (this is staged, sort of, I put it back together after pic 2).

Picture 1

A nice looking box!

image1.thumb.JPG.0926bce0075b9ec47f2047f

Picture 2

A gift for me?!

image2.thumb.JPG.d9d3d73f6f6db422df77ca9

Picture 3

A card too?!

image3.thumb.JPG.3ee41448f599dbe66ff4667

Picture 4 (sorry, it's blurry)

Nope, just the LEGO I paid for.

:)

image4.thumb.JPG.a9d78e6d53c94979e0b5a5b

To top it all off, on this order I had forgotten to use their special LEGOSAVE10 code and emailed customer service about my order. They refunded the $10 with a pleasant reply. Then my parcel arrives as pictured...

• Like 4

two packages arrived yesterday - neither in a box, one wrapped in paper and one wrapped in plastic. in both cases the boxes were predictably smashed. Ebay seller graciously refunded shipping at my request, Amazon seller sent me a lengthy rant after I asked about his return policy. Included in said rant was a note that he had consulted with USPS, and according to them brown paper is an acceptable way to ship legos. Huh?

Got this gem from LEGO Shop at Home via FedEx. I swear I am not making this up, the delivery guy dropped this (literally) at my door, rang the bell, and RAN. Maybe he was busy, but I'm not optimistic.

6de418be6b0b7e848a9f07e0d7aced61.jpg

d6a0f4aa62c981aa65f3c27ffe5ee06c.jpg

Edit: Upon opening, seals busted on my advents, pirate chess resealed (not FedEx issue, obvs) and banged up pretty good...sigh. I'm still laughing about that guy running away from my house.

Got this gem from LEGO Shop at Home via FedEx. I swear I am not making this up, the delivery guy dropped this (literally) at my door, rang the bell, and RAN. Maybe he was busy, but I'm not optimistic.

For me, when my UPS packages look this this, they don't ring the bell...

• Like 3

In the past I've had very good luck with Amazon, but lately their packing is leaving a lot to be desired.  They used to use appropriately sized boxes and adequate packing material, now I feel lucky if I get a single air pillow to protect my stuff.  Ordered a heavy book that was put in an oversized box with nothing to protect it, no paper or anything.  Book arrived with banged in corners, and the pages were separating from the binding.  I don't think they're saving much money here when customers are sending back damaged items that they have to end up selling at discount.

In the past I've had very good luck with Amazon, but lately their packing is leaving a lot to be desired.  They used to use appropriately sized boxes and adequate packing material, now I feel lucky if I get a single air pillow to protect my stuff.  Ordered a heavy book that was put in an oversized box with nothing to protect it, no paper or anything.  Book arrived with banged in corners, and the pages were separating from the binding.  I don't think they're saving much money here when customers are sending back damaged items that they have to end up selling at discount.

Theres no excuse for it. Ive actually thought about putting "better packaging than Amazon" on my descriptions for my amz listings.

Amazon and Amazon UK have been awful lately. Luckily with Amazon uk they send it signature required so I can just refuse it and not have to deal with returning it. Lego shop at home has been bad lately too. Tru is still perfect at least and strangely enough Wal-Mart has been good on medium to small items lately. Target is hit or miss as always

My Niko Ferris Wheel is going back.  It was shipped from Amazon in a box with a width smaller than that of the Lego box and was pancaked. If it were nearer to retirement I would probably keep it, but I expect excellent boxes while I hoard. 

I go one too - the integrity of the box was good but the top flap was opened & the seals were attached to the bottom flap :(

He also sent me a return label & I am getting a replacement shipped - I didn't want to my 10% off coupon that I used on this to go to waste!

Edited by HappyHawkeye

My Niko Ferris Wheel is going back.  It was shipped from Amazon in a box with a width smaller than that of the Lego box and was pancaked. If it were nearer to retirement I would probably keep it, but I expect excellent boxes while I hoard. 

mine come with a huge amazon box with 1 A4 size packing paper. the box is not too bad consider i am going to build it. I will not order more from him for investment going forward.