Thread of Packaging Excellence

I've had terrible packing from S@H more than the shipping.  Why do they think the box has to be overstuffed with air bubbles?  They are mangling the sets by forcing the box closed so they can tape them.  Then the top of the boxes are bowed out from the air bubbles, so when other boxes are set on top of them, more pressure is forced on the sets.  I'm at about a 60% mangled rate from S@H lately.

30 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've had terrible packing from LEGO Shop at Home more than the shipping.  Why do they think the box has to be overstuffed with air bubbles?  They are mangling the sets by forcing the box closed so they can tape them.  Then the top of the boxes are bowed out from the air bubbles, so when other boxes are set on top of them, more pressure is forced on the sets.  I'm at about a 60% mangled rate from LEGO Shop at Home lately.

Why?  Because you're the end consumer and you're going to open up the box and play with the Lego, right?

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I've had terrible packing from LEGO Shop at Home more than the shipping.  Why do they think the box has to be overstuffed with air bubbles?  They are mangling the sets by forcing the box closed so they can tape them.  Then the top of the boxes are bowed out from the air bubbles, so when other boxes are set on top of them, more pressure is forced on the sets.  I'm at about a 60% mangled rate from LEGO Shop at Home lately.

I thought K-Mart only did this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Why?  Because you're the end consumer and you're going to open up the box and play with the Lego, right?

You know, sometimes people by sets for gift for other people and they don't want to give a smashed to hell box as a gift.

12 hours ago, Alpinemaps said: Why?  Because you're the end consumer and you're going to open up the box and play with the Lego, right?

You know, sometimes people by sets for gift for other people and they don't want to give a smashed to hell box as a gift.

I was being 100% sarcastic in my post.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was being 100% sarcastic in my post.

Oh I know, I was just giving the excuse I always give when I do a return because of damage. "I can't give this as a gift! Look at it!"

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Courtesy of Kmart. White backdrop was the plastic bag used to mail the item, :mad:

DSCF1706.thumb.JPG.a6b357946a4ea14f6d845

DSCF1705.thumb.JPG.4e5110c018854ce362298

For a second I honestly thought "cool, what polybag is that?"

And on second thought, wow. The delivery person had to try pretty damn hard to destroy it like that - does your delivery person hate you or something?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gregpj said:

And on second thought, wow. The delivery person had to try pretty damn hard to destroy it like that - does your delivery person hate you or something?

I am pretty sure UPS is an equal opportunity throw stacks of packages on front porch and leave ASAP

2 hours ago, gregpj said:

hahahha... I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking polybag.

Edited by Alpinemaps
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

hahahha... I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking polybag.

Yeah... me too. :)

I've started to order "critical mass" at Kmart--at least 4 items per order and they seem to always (knocking on wood here) ship in a box. I actually had 4 pickup tow trucks arrive packed in what I would call "hall of fame" condition--the box was just right with filler paper cushioning between the outer box and sets and the sets themselves. It's a real crap shoot with Kmart...

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said: hahahha... I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking polybag.

Yeah... me too.

I've started to order "critical mass" at Kmart--at least 4 items per order and they seem to always (knocking on wood here) ship in a box. I actually had 4 pickup tow trucks arrive packed in what I would call "hall of fame" condition--the box was just right with filler paper cushioning between the outer box and sets and the sets themselves. It's a real crap shoot with Kmart...

Which means that will never happen to you again. ;)

• Like 1

Just got an IR from Amazon. Usual fare, cardboard box with brown paper stuffing the remaining space. The top was a bit smooshed, which was okay, but I noticed the flap was held down with two strips of clear tape. I removed the tape and realized it as there because the seals had come undone or been opened already. As far as I can tell everything is included though. What's my best bet here? Complain to Amazon? I don't really want just a refund. I wouldn't mind keeping it for myself or even trying to part it out if it's worth it.