Thread of Packaging Excellence

10 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

What do you all do with the dimensions amazon insists on shipping in bubble mailers? Stay puff just showed up flat

Really?  That's disappointing.  I'd get on the phone with them.  All the Dimensions packs I've gotten have come in a box.  Sometimes I'll get multiple boxes in a day.  It's always in a really small box.  But I don't think I've gotten a single pack in a bubble mailer.

On 3/20/2016 at 0:30 AM, gregpj said:

No worries... It's a tough one. Lots of people post those questions in the thread of the set too. Also, a picture if it's really bad will help. Sometimes people talk about creasing and have the teeniest corner crush and other times it looks like they've been used as a stepping stool.

What did you decide to do with it?

I decided to keep, at first thought i was only going to get about $10 worth of points but when i saw another forum poster say they got $30 i inquired about it and got the 600 VIP. Still may hurt a bit when i resell but we will have to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhhh Kmart.... I kid you not. Yesterday I received these 2 packages from Kmart.  The first is a Minecraft set, wonderfully packaged - note the double reinforced cardboard box.  The second was a Raptor Rampage shipped in a plastic bag - previously opened, and thoroughly beat up.  Just saw on the news that they are closing both Kmarts within 40 miles of me, so looks like my Shop Your Way days are coming to an end anyway.

001tpe1.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Sfcommando14 said:

2 vet clinics, ordered the same day. One warehouse knows how to pack. The other, not so much. Despite this, the box only picked up a minor scratch...

You may want to re-post with different picture, unless you are fine with showing personal information on it

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh.  Gotta love some eBayers efforts when it comes to packing.  Used set, brown packing tape down both sides of the box so it doesnt open.  Then write my address on a bit of paper and just tape that to the front of the box too... (wish I'd taken a pic now for better effect).

Don't even wrap in brown paper.... now there's efficiency for you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Ahh.  Gotta love some eBayers efforts when it comes to packing.  Used set, brown packing tape down both sides of the box so it doesnt open.  Then write my address on a bit of paper and just tape that to the front of the box too... (wish I'd taken a pic now for better effect).

Don't even wrap in brown paper.... now there's efficiency for you :)

Well, if you're a volume seller then all these small savings in packaging materials and expenditure of time add up fast. This results in better prices offered to your customers. :victory: