STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

Mark Hamill could be at the beginning or in a flashback. I don't see Disney using Mark Hamill as the main star of Star War VII. They are going to try a make something remarkable and I believe they will be moving on from Luke. He will most likely still show up but not a main character. IMHO

It's may be about Han & Leia's kids who are very strong in the Force.

Luke is rumored to be part cyborg or evil.

Greedy harrison ford is the star, he demanded it while negotiating for 2 more indiana jones movies.

He wanted han to die in jedi, probably will in this one.

If that's true, then karma got him with the nasty leg break he had on set.

• Like 1

I think it's a perfectly good title that does two things: 1) isn't one of the rumored titles, thus a surprise, and 2) doesn't suck.

"The Force Awakens" could refer to any number of things in the plot...I like thinking of the possibilities and hope sometime soon we get a teaser trailer--even if it's only 30 seconds of footage.

I don't get the hate for the title.  I like it.  Works on many levels.  Plus how can a person even judge a title until they know the plot of the movie?

Exactly Ed...then again, you always get people that critique SW:

- How could GL put Jar Jar in a SW movie?

- How could GL kill off Padme like?

- How could you have a title like that for EP2?

- How could there be 2 suns on Tatooine?

- How could...just SHUT UP and appreciate the saga...

...it's driven me nuts for years why people have to chime in like that.

Opinions are fine I guess, but the "what a horrible title?" comments...unreal.

I've been following rumor sites this whole time, and from what I heard, it makes PERFECT SENSE.

Now I'm done...

Edited by mmatthie

We're finding out more about the script.  The other main character is "Kira" a girl who finds a crashed stormtrooper (guy from Attack the Block).  She has a little sphere droid buddy.  They find Luke's lightsaber, possibly his hand, and they take it with them to meet Han and Chewie.

There is some snow planet where they discover the Sith guy who fights Kira and the other dude or something.

We're finding out more about the script.  The other main character is "Kira" a girl who finds a crashed stormtrooper (guy from Attack the Block).  She has a little sphere droid buddy.  They find Luke's lightsaber, possibly his hand, and they take it with them to meet Han and Chewie.

There is some snow planet where they discover the Sith guy who fights Kira and the other dude or something.

I'm not a fan of this found hand/saber plot.

We're finding out more about the script. The other main character is "Kira" a girl who finds a crashed stormtrooper (guy from Attack the Block). She has a little sphere droid buddy. They find Luke's lightsaber, possibly his hand, and they take it with them to meet Han and Chewie.

This and rumor about Luke as bad guy made me think of the plot of Watchmen

• 2 weeks later...

code word - "Flashbacks"!

Funny you say that - I was reading an article on Newsarama tonight, from one of the directors behind Star Wars: Rebels.  (He also worked on TCW and Young Justice).  He's moving on after the first season of Rebels, but he is writing a comic regarding Kanan Jarrus.

So, what does that have to do with "The Force Awakens?"  He said that one thing that Star Wars doesn't do is flashbacks.

In the interview, he was talking specifically about how they developed all this backstory about the Rebels characters (they being the Rebels creators, plus Lucasfilm's watchover group), and how they wouldn't be able to depict that backstory on Rebels, because, "Star Wars doesn't do flashbacks."  Of course, he isn't involved in Episode 7, but, considering the new control over the property, and the way they are setting the tone, I've got to think that this isn't just one guy's thoughts.