STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

Looks great so far.  If I had one nitpick it's the lightsaber.  I don't know if I like the wispy look (for lack of a better way to describe it), it doesn't look like the solid column of light that all other lightsabers have.  I hope this effect was just done for this guy's saber and not a new look for all of them.  Loved everything else about the trailer.

Looks great so far.  If I had one nitpick it's the lightsaber.  I don't know if I like the wispy look (for lack of a better way to describe it), it doesn't look like the solid column of light that all other lightsabers have.  I hope this effect was just done for this guy's saber and not a new look for all of them.  Loved everything else about the trailer.

A SW nerd mate of mine tells me that this is how light sabers look in a freezing cold air environment. Make of that what you will, but I buy it lol.

• Like 1

What I saw, and what it implies for Lego ship models:

The X-wings are an all new design (this had already been speculated). The Episode 4-6 model will not be able to stand-in for the new Episode 7 models.

The Millennium Falcon is confirmed to be in the movie (as most of us already knew). There is at least one visible change; the sensor dish was previously round and is now rectangular.  As I've written elsewhere I'm pretty confident that there will be an Episide 7 MF model, but it is hard to predict what the impact will be on 7965 values.

TIE Fighters are confirmed in the movie (again this was expected). Hard to tell in the few frames we see how they may be changed.

If this movie is successful I think it could end some of the "rules" we think we know about Star Wars Legos.  Specifically, what happens if we enter a several year period where the staples of Episodes 4-6 are no longer produced? 

A SW nerd mate of mine tells me that this is how light sabers look in a freezing cold air environment. Make of that what you will, but I buy it lol.

Uh oh... does that mean Lucas will release the super special edition of Empire Strikes Back to update the look of Luke's lightsaber on Hoth? :rofl:

• Like 3

The X-wings are an all new design (this had already been speculated). The Episode 4-6 model will not be able to stand-in for the new Episode 7 models.

The Millennium Falcon is confirmed to be in the movie (as most of us already knew). There is at least one visible change; the sensor dish was previously round and is now rectangular.  As I've written elsewhere I'm pretty confident that there will be an Episide 7 MF model, but it is hard to predict what the impact will be on 7965 values.

TIE Fighters are confirmed in the movie (again this was expected). Hard to tell in the few frames we see how they may be changed.

If this movie is successful I think it could end some of the "rules" we think we know about Star Wars Legos.  Specifically, what happens if we enter a several year period where the staples of Episodes 4-6 are no longer produced? 

proxy.jpg?t=HBhtaHR0cDovL2xhdGltZXNoZXJv

Good spot on the radar dish, I hadn't noticed. The Ties don't look all that different. If there are any changes, they must be quite minor.

I'm sure the trailer will encourage a spike in MF prices, though there's a lot of them out there. It's the highlight of the trailer.

Why would it need to change the rules? Production of 4-6 sets didn't stop during the release of the 1-3 movies, so there is no reason why they would need to stop now.

Less re-releases perhaps, but no reason they should stop.

Guest TabbyBoy

Well, even if there is a new UCS Falcon now, it is based on the newer version with the different radar dish, so IMO, it won't have a negative affect on the old 10179.  If anything, it will be positive in that people will want both versions.  

Looking forward to when my pre-release 6,000 piece 70179 arrives next week from my woman on the inside - the light bricks on the plasma engines look fantastic ;-)

I wish... I'm pulling yer leg!

Looking forward to when my pre-release 6,000 piece 70179 arrives next week from my woman on the inside - the light bricks on the plasma engines look fantastic ;-)

I wish... I'm pulling yer leg!

I would love it.  Unless you have 40 10179s, then that would be the best thing that happens to LEGO investing since the 10179.