STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

Looks like the X-Wing from the original concept art.  You can see the 4 engines, they just look iike one from the front when the wings are closed.  Given the fact that the galaxy went through a large scale civil war 20 or 30 years before ep 7 is set, plus whatever smaller battles took place in between due to the power vacuum the fall of the empire created, I wouldn't expect any major leaps in technology.  We'll see more of the "used future" look that the OT is known for.

tie-attacks-an-x-wing.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like the X-Wing from the original concept art.  You can see the 4 engines, they just look iike one from the front when the wings are closed.  Given the fact that the galaxy went through a large scale civil war 20 or 30 years before ep 7 is set, plus whatever smaller battles took place in between due to the power vacuum the fall of the empire created, I wouldn't expect any major leaps in technology.  We'll see more of the "used future" look that the OT is known for.

tie-attacks-an-x-wing.jpg

So originally the TIE fighters were supposed to shoot red lasers ? :mindblown:

Jeeze, I hate to see how the conversation would have gone if there were six little engines or none at all. :wacko: Hold on, I think I saw some scribbling on the side saying "Anakin was here". :lol: Well anyway, glad I picked up my Z-95 Headhunter on sale back when it was considered 'uncool' by the masses. :beee:

• Like 1

Jeeze, I hate to see how the conversation would have gone if there were six little engines or none at all. :wacko: Hold on, I think I saw some scribbling on the side saying "Anakin was here". :lol: Well anyway, glad I picked up my Z-95 Headhunter on sale back when it was considered 'uncool' by the masses. :beee:

I think it is still considered uncool by the masses...

I agree, the ship looks blah. Not to mention makes no sense at all. The X-Wing had four engines....this has two. So less power. The X-Wing housed an astromech droid to facilitate hyperspace travel...this does not. Seems like a pretty useless ship to me. And that rumored plot.....facepalm....i knew Disney would screw this up.

The Ralph McQurrie's X-Wing has a Astromech

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=31295

Guest TabbyBoy

Very nice replica.  I wish LEGO would make military models for adults.  

They do, the Sopwith Camel. ;-)  This is the centennial year of WWI so I expect this model to be a winner.