LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, Val-E said:

Could be a secure countermeasure incase of stolen CC or account details.

The credit card security algorithms are definitely getting annoying.  Our most used Bank of America card has locked the account several times recently because we used it on products/services that we never used it for before...an eye doctor and BJ's.  Go figure.  

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The credit card security algorithms are definitely getting annoying.  Our most used Bank of America card has locked the account several times recently because we used it on products/services that we never used it for before...an eye doctor and BJ's.  Go figure.  

Get an American Express...they are 10000% better than any other card I've ever used when it comes to their fraud algorithm.  When I used to use Citi or Chase cards primarily, I would have to call in after every third or fourth purchase.  With Amex, I haven't tripped a fraud alert in several years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redcell said:

Get an American Express...they are 10000% better than any other card I've ever used when it comes to their fraud algorithm.  When I used to use Citi or Chase cards primarily, I would have to call in after every third or fourth purchase.  With Amex, I haven't tripped a fraud alert in several years.

Just don't want to pay the yearly fee, but I might change my mind if it gets worse.  It's embarrassing really.  People think you are a deadbeat when the card is refused.

A couple years ago, during post Christmas Walmart clearance shopping, I had made a few medium sized purchases. From experience, I expected to trigger my card's fraud prevention, so I actually called them before my next purchase, explained the situation, and requested my fraud detection be turned off or whatever flag they could turn on my account. Customer service said they understood, no problem, etc - Get to the next store, make a $600 purchase, and of course, card declined. So maddening. 

On a side note, I love you guys casually talking about ordering a couple thousand sets off Walmart. I am not sure if you're just big time flippers or there's something obvious I am not seeing, but I have no idea what stuff is being bought at this time of year for 15-20% off en masse, not sure if I should be scared or not. ;)

• Like 1

Just don't want to pay the yearly fee, but I might change my mind if it gets worse.  It's embarrassing really.  People think you are a deadbeat when the card is refused.

I used to be adverse to paying the fee, but go over it quick when I realized I wouldn't have to call Citibank so often to confirm charges.

I have bought close to a thousand sets over the past two weeks and many thousands more over the past few years all on the same account without any issues. I'm just glad that they lifted their per limit purchase orders so you can order 100 sets at a time.

Toy Planet/Planet Fun Toys, is that you?
  • Like 2

He prefers to go by Chowren or Grendels...or is it Matts Bricks and Books? I'm sure whichever of you those are will get a chuckle ;)

He prefers to go by Chowren or Grendels...or is it Matts Bricks and Books? I'm sure whichever of you those are will get a chuckle ;)

On 11/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, redcell said:

I can personally attest,to the fact that WM does not have any kind of limitations on Lego sets. I have bought close to a thousand sets over the past two weeks and many thousands more over the past few years all on the same account without any issues. I'm just glad that they lifted their per limit purchase orders so you can order 100 sets at a time.

Here is the ban email I received from Walmart today.

My name is [removed] and I am with the Tier 2 Escalations Team. I will be assisting you today.  I first would like to apologize for the overall experience with your recent order.  I would like to resolve this matter for you and restore your faith in our level of Customer Service.

I wanted to speak with you in reference to the feedback that you were generous enough to provide.  I am very sorry for the frustration that we have caused and I would like to try and make things right for you.  I have researched your order and the reason for your orders canceling is due to the system flagging your activity on your previous orders as bulk buy.  Based on our terms of use , Walmart.com unfortunately does not allow bulk sales and reseller accounts.  For this reason, your account is no longer accessible to place orders.  I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

Everyone must be busy checking their emails...

Can you still make another account? Is this IP traced...

I haven't tried yet.....as I'm still upset about losing my tax exemption. I will probably try this weekend and report back. This is a big blow though....Walmart was nice because you could order in greater quantities which made storage and packing time very easy.

I haven't tried yet.....as I'm still upset about losing my tax exemption. I will probably try this weekend and report back. This is a big blow though....Walmart was nice because you could order in greater quantities which made storage and packing time very easy.

What did you order to trip it?

• 3 weeks later...

I got a "warning" email from Jet on just my second order.

1st order was for 10 of the LBM Copack, and the 2nd was for 10 of Friends Puppy Daycare... Go figure

Is Jet.com this strict to everyone?

On the other hand, I've order 50 times as much on the other sites and no issues... Go figure

37 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

1st order was for 10 of the LBM Copack, and the 2nd was for 10 of Friends Puppy Daycare... Go figure

On the other hand, I've order 50 times as much on the other sites and no issues... Go figure

I thought they only banned redcell repeatedly. Hm.

7 hours ago, ichiroll said:

When they first started, they banned my accounts within 2 or 3 orders like that.  With my latest account, I was able to place probably 10-15 orders before they dropped the hammer.  I opened a new one, but haven't placed any orders yet.  I wonder if they monitor them more closely around this time of year than they did a month or so ago.

14 minutes ago, redcell said:

When they first started, they banned my accounts within 2 or 3 orders like that.  With my latest account, I was able to place probably 10-15 orders before they dropped the hammer.  I opened a new one, but haven't placed any orders yet.  I wonder if they monitor them more closely around this time of year than they did a month or so ago.

Looks like you got off easy. From the sound of it, seems like soft ban :).

i have not been that fortunate. Got the hard ban i.e. Ban on address. So unless I move from current residence it's not going to work i guess. 

It's hard to see those deals go by :(

Hi Folks.

I browse the forums a lot but haven't chimed in before.

Anyhoo, I got myself banned from LEGO Shop at Home. I was foolish enough to buy 8 x same item (limit 2) in single purchases to get 8 nutcracker bonuses (sad that I got myself banned for these lame bonuses and sets that were not even on sale). 7 orders went through and the 8th was in warehouse when I got the dreaded ban email (E10) on Nov 27. I knew nothing about bans before that.

I tried to place an order using my VIP points and it was immediately cancelled.

Here is the strange part. The 8th order that was "in warehouse" at the time of the ban, did end up shipping. I got the email confirmation yesterday and the parcel today.

So all 8 came between yesterday and today. I guess I am still banned??

Oh well, LEGO Shop at Home is not that great anyway. Aside from the Christmas bonuses and rare half-decent sales, there is not much worth buying there vs somewhere else. So many boxes have arrived beaten up. I had a sand crawler and several other expensive sets with major dings. I have returned 2 if not 3 times. That may have been my yellow card. Why the huge boxes with insufficient air pillows? Boxes fair far better with boxes that fit and they would save on shipping.

Are these bans indefinite?

53 minutes ago, thermos said:

Hi Folks.

I browse the forums a lot but haven't chimed in before.

Anyhoo, I got myself banned from LEGO Shop at Home. I was foolish enough to buy 8 x same item (limit 2) in single purchases to get 8 nutcracker bonuses (sad that I got myself banned for these lame bonuses and sets that were not even on sale). 7 orders went through and the 8th was in warehouse when I got the dreaded ban email (E10) on Nov 27. I knew nothing about bans before that.

I tried to place an order using my VIP points and it was immediately cancelled.

Here is the strange part. The 8th order that was "in warehouse" at the time of the ban, did end up shipping. I got the email confirmation yesterday and the parcel today.

So all 8 came between yesterday and today. I guess I am still banned??

Oh well, LEGO Shop at Home is not that great anyway. Aside from the Christmas bonuses and rare half-decent sales, there is not much worth buying there vs somewhere else. So many boxes have arrived beaten up. I had a sand crawler and several other expensive sets with major dings. I have returned 2 if not 3 times. That may have been my yellow card. Why the huge boxes with insufficient air pillows? Boxes fair far better with boxes that fit and they would save on shipping.

Are these bans indefinite?

Btw, welcome to the dark side.

if you got email mentioning that you are banned then it's not only the purchase history or because of placing 8 orders. 

In the past, based on my experience TLG does and verifies; your reselling activity before taking final ban decision I.e. Those dreaded emails. 

Lego ban are hard ban which means changing name, credit card won't work. It's the physical address that has been banned.

Edited by newbie77

Btw, welcome to the dark side.
if you got email mentioning that you are banned then it's not only the purchase history or because of placing 8 orders. 
In the past, based on my experience TLG does and verifies; your reselling activity before taking final ban decision I.e. Those dreaded emails. 
Lego ban are hard ban which means changing name, credit card won't work. It's the physical address that has been banned.

How do they verify reselling activity?