LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 4 years later...
34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This CEO seems to be yet another nail in LEGO's coffin. I've was banned a while back, but I was ordering obscene amounts. No danger now as I don't buy anything.

Still remember the good times, when I ordered 20 Caffee Corners and 20 Green Grocers... without getting banned...

18 minutes ago, Jackson said:

What movie or show is that from?

He looks like Sirius Black... :-)

Edited by mauro23

Two thoughts from my side:

1. LEGO increased some limits from 2 to 50(!) for sets like Valentine scene or Birthday cake etc. They have made it as a bait. I mean nobody makes a child's birthday with 50 kids...

2. LEGO does not care about sellers who are selling already retired sets only... Therefore buy now in limited quantities and sell later after retirement...

Think about an you will come to the same conclusion.

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

What was your buying history?

I think they have plenty of questions about my recent activity especially on 9 Feb.
6 orders with 2 Ecto's each during night sale each closed as a qualifying purchase to get Batman Poly and free shipping.
One Successful rest cancelled.

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 1

I'm going to be the Canary in the Coal Mine to see how wide a net LEGO is casting. I don't place multiple orders, buy large volume, or buy outside of limits (mostly.)

I HAVE bought the same limit 2 sets twice online and twice in store.

My VIP username is a the same as my BL username.

I just listed a set on BL that LEGO recently discounted and is still available.

I think they have plenty of questions about my recent activity especially on 9 Feb.
6 orders with 2 Ecto's each during night sale each closed as a qualifying purchase to get Batman Poly and free shipping.

You loading up on a load of Trevi fountains from the Lego store in Leicester last month probably didn't help. Assuming that you put it through your VIP card.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

My BP, eBay & LEGO usernames are all different as it won't that nasty new LEGO CEO long to find you ;-) The 2 BP members that I know who work for LEGO very rarely post on here but, know what we're up to. Because... they do it themselves!

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, Shewie said:

I don't understand what made you think that ordering 12 Ecto-1 wouldn't raise serious questions regarding your intentions.

Nonetheless good luck preventing a permanent ban.

• Like 3

Reminds me of a true story I once heard from a first person witness while working at a Dutch bank in the 1990s. This happened before the Euro was the common currency in the EU, when currency exchange still happened with financial transactions between countries (within the EU). And currency exchange means rounding differences... Some smart programmer added a line of code to the currency exchange module to move the 1 cent rounding difference off to a separate account. With thousands of transactions a day these 1 cent crumbles added up to a nice sum every month. And because of rounding errors taking for granted, it was undetected as well. Easy money for him!

Then after some time the guy became greedy and increased the 1 cent move to 2 cents per transaction to double his income. But this went beyond the accepted rounding error, triggering a suspicious transactions detection algorithm. The guy was caught and sentenced for fraught.

Morale of the story: when you have a good thing going, don't ruin it by becoming greedy!

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy
On 13/02/2017 at 6:18 PM, mauro23 said:

Still remember the good times, when I ordered 20 Caffee Corners and 20 Green Grocers... without getting banned...

He looks like Sirius Black... :-)

I ordered 99 Fire Brigades in 2013 - LOL

6 minutes ago, asharerin said:

In 2013 you could order all the 41999 you wanted and ship them to the UK for insane profits. Guy probably still has them stacked up next to his Ferrari all opened without number plates lol Good times :).

I wonder what ever happened to he who must not be namesd  I know he scammed some good folks here . 

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, asharerin said:

In 2013 you could order all the 41999 you wanted and ship them to the UK for insane profits. Guy probably still has them stacked up next to his Ferrari all opened without number plates lol Good times :).

41999 was limit 2 in the UK and subsequent orders were cancelled. However I get a couple of pallet loads cheap when a guy bailed out at a loss! No, it wasn't Mark!

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I wonder what ever happened to he who must not be namesd  I know he scammed some good folks here . 

He is still working at the family carpet business. I know on my last shipment he claimed the boxes I sent were empty lol. Of course the weight on the tracking proved otherwise. He was getting desperate at the end. I had him gift everything thru Paypal so he could not scam but Im sure he did his best with some other guys here. Looking back thru my emails he was paying $425 shipped for each set. After Lego was cleaned out we bought a bunch on ebay for $250 - $275 which was hilarious as he was bidding against us on the same sets. We would then flip them to him for an extra hundred.