LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, redcell said:

That's what got my first account banned at Target when they did the reseller sweep last year.  However, since then, I've been able to order through a new account without any trouble.  In fact, I have ordered more from Target over the past 6 months than any end user ever would without any trouble. 

Were you using a redcard on the tax exempt account and then still able to use that same redcard on the new account?

I was banned from LEGO Shop at Home last december, and I am way better buying from amazon....  I am learning that you could get banned from amazon as well if they send you an email catching you using two accounts... I use mine and my mothers and her account got an email when I tried to buy additional Santa's Workshops..... they cancelled that order..... could my account, the main account, get affected by that or only my mothers?

14 hours ago, zskid00 said:

I still find it absurd that LEGO spends manpower and resources to do this yet doesn't just reject purchases over the limit for a certain period like Amazon does. Not to mention these resources should be used to protect their intellectual property rights from the rampant counterfeiters overseas instead of worrying about the reseller market.

This is the main point here.  LEGO could implement the POS software to track all orders and limit purchases and freebies.  It would stop anybody from exceeding the set purchase limits and promo deals.  They don't for a reason...money.

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

This is the main point here.  LEGO could implement the POS software to track all orders and limit purchases and freebies.  It would stop anybody from exceeding the set purchase limits and promo deals.  They don't for a reason...money.

I think the whole point is, that it's likely more expensive to pay for the manpower to go through this manually rather than paying for a pretty-easy-to-implement software update.

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

That is until you make them too much money, apparently.

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

This CEO seems to be yet another nail in LEGO's coffin. I've was banned a while back, but I was ordering obscene amounts. No danger now as I don't buy anything.

33 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Got banned today, probably temporary until hearing with LEGO sales department authority about my orders, quantity etc.

Account temporary suspended until further notice.

X6CnaU.png

What and how many did you order to get this honor?  

I would think it is weird for LEGO to bring back the ban since their own oversupply has been doing the job just as well