LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 5 years later...
1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

The idea of the special invite is to be a worthy customer or LEGO contributor. 

Where is the line between being a worthy customer and a banned reseller?  I would really like to know, because LEGO often sends me mixed signals about this.

confused-meme-3.jpg

17 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Where is the line between being a worthy customer and a banned reseller?  I would really like to know, because LEGO often sends me mixed signals about this.

confused-meme-3.jpg

Most people who get banned blow past their purchase limits or exceed promo purchases.  They also use multiple accounts and use other questionable tactics.  I think the policy of buying one to build and one to save has been a safe policy for many LEGO fans.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

I think I should consider this a warning :)

Dear ...,
We’re really sorry, but your recent LEGO® order has been cancelled because it went above our purchase limits for the following item(s): 
21303 WALL•E

We sometimes put limits on popular sets so that as many LEGO® fans as possible can get their hands on them. If you’ve placed previous orders for a particular item, it may be that you’ve simply gone above the number we’re currently supplying per household.
Although you won’t be able to buy those sets right now, we regularly change and remove purchase limits, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our website over the next few months. If there were other items in your order, these can be reordered at any time. 

Kind regards, 

LEGO® Customer Service

That´s a new and very precise message. Did you ask for a clarification over an order cancellation or was this standard issue?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

lots of info in this topic.

Yes, lots of info and no definite answers.  I have read through that thread over my years here.  Also, I was responding to a post in the May 4th thread and don't see why I needed to have my post moved.  It was relevant to the special invite received by loyal customers for the event.

2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Yes, lots of info and no definite answers.  I have read through that thread over my years here.  Also, I was responding to a post in the May 4th thread and don't see why I needed to have my post moved.  It was relevant to the special invite received by loyal customers for the event.

The answer is still in the thread, but here it is again anyway...

Most people who get banned blow past their purchase limits or exceed promo purchases.  They also use multiple accounts and use other questionable tactics.  I think the policy of buying one to build and one to save has been a safe policy for many LEGO fans.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

i understand.  ed copied the answer in his reply above.  we are just trying to keep banned posts here since this is a popular topic that is searched upon.

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s a new and very precise message. Did you ask for a clarification over an order cancellation or was this standard issue?

Standard Issue, they sent it about one minute before the standard 'Thank you for you order' email (which came through aswell). 

So basicly they're saying I can possibly buy more Wall-E's in the future :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 3:53 PM, Ed Mack said:

The answer is still in the thread, but here it is again anyway...

Yes.  Pigs get slaughtered as they say.  Buying in moderation and keeping within limits with one account has worked for me for many years.  

• 5 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

No new posts in awhile. I would like to order a couple more Ecto-1's with double vip and promo. Is 4 in 4 days still a red flag, or have they given up?

Isn't it cheaper from a supermarket like it is in the UK?

Guest TabbyBoy

I really don't give a crap if LEGO bans me as there's no such thing in the UK as exclusive sets anymore because all current sets are available everywhere often at a discount.

@LEGO... I know of 2 of you who are lurkers here. Why should I buy a set from you if another retailer saves me £20 more than the promo and 2x VIP that you offer? My VIP ID is 65arse65 so go ahead and ban me if you think you're hard enough! You've got it so wrong this year with crappy StarWars junk, the ridiculous Nexo theme, endless CITY/FRIENDS rubbish... can't you think of any new ideas? Mega Blox are hot on your heels and they can beat you!

Oh... I bought over 150 Mars Rover from right under your nose and made a killing!

PS.. Sort your quality out as I'm sick of the piss-poor colour variations. At least MegaBlox don't have this problem!

I really don't give a crap if LEGO bans me as there's no such thing in the UK as exclusive sets anymore because all current sets are available everywhere often at a discount.

@LEGO... I know of 2 of you who are lurkers here. Why should I buy a set from you if another retailer saves me £20 more than the promo and 2x VIP that you offer? My VIP ID is 65arse65 so go ahead and ban me if you think you're hard enough! You've got it so wrong this year with crappy StarWars junk, the ridiculous Nexo theme, endless CITY/FRIENDS rubbish... can't you think of any new ideas? Mega Blox are hot on your heels and they can beat you!

Oh... I bought over 150 Mars Rover from right under your nose and made a killing!

PS.. Sort your quality out as I'm sick of the piss-poor colour variations. At least MegaBlox don't have this problem!

I don't care if you don't like the Nexo theme, please refrain from insulting a group of people because you're all wound up about LEGO and some colours.
  • Like 4

Can someone edit that post to just an "Old Man Yells at Cloud" picture?
  • Like 8

Can someone edit that post to just an "Old Man Yells at Cloud" picture?

It's pretty late where Tabby is ...I'm guessing he's been out drinking and surfing the internet again but there is no need to disparage a group of people because you're railing against LEGO.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...