LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

If it's not the hard ban, yes you can still use your VIP pts in store

You have to go into the store, make a purchase using that account and if the purchase goes thru then it's not the hard ban

Thanks, I'll give it a try in-store.

So definitely a no-go through online store even if purchased solely with points right.

1 minute ago, ichiroll said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try in-store.

So definitely a no-go through online store even if purchased solely with points right.

yes, E10 email is your death penalty, they will block anything associated with your account, address, cc, name, etc

all following online orders will be cancelled as they stated in the email, and they meant it 

On 12/6/2017 at 12:08 PM, ichiroll said:

Barnes and Noble site won't load for a few days now...  Is this what I think it is, lol.

This page is unavailable due to either geographic restrictions or other restrictions in place at this time. NOTE: other restrictions can be a result of our security platform detecting potential malicious activity. Please try again later as the restrictions may be lifted, or contact your service provider if the issue persists.

This is usually from too much use of the search box. Especially if you were checking store inventory through zip code lookups. Mostly an anti-bot, anti-DDoS feature and it's temporary.

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I got banned last year and insisted on speaking to a customer services manager. Even though I've bought a lot from SaH, I've never breached the limits apart from "Limit Exceeded" when trying to buy a Saturn V with the VIP polybag and Snow Globe which was only recently. Once I spoke to the right person, I asked why I was banned, assuming they thought I was a reseller. I also asked why were the limits set to 99 (even on 10221 SSD and 10197 Fire Brigade) a few years ago and 20 now on some sets if you want to discourage reselling? Their response was, "Our concern is not reselling as it's up to you what you do with the items purchased, we only want to make sure that our availability of sets ensures that everybody who wants one has the opportunity to get one at a fair price. Please adhere to current limits and we will reinstate your account, thank you for contacting us." It's probably "what did a LEGO employee say today", but I don't think they're too worried about resellers in the UK as long as there's enough to go around. They may well be relying on us to clear the turkeys ;-)

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

They may well be relying on us to clear the turkeys ;-)

I'm pretty certain they rely on us to clear out retiring sets. How many sets went OOS without a discount when "the list" came out and even more so when the retiring soon tags hit. Much better for Lego to do that than discount a lot of sets to get rid.

The problem is when Lego confuses real demand with reseller demand and over produces.

41 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

"Our concern is not reselling as it's up to you what you do with the items purchased, we only want to make sure that our availability of sets ensures that everybody who wants one has the opportunity to get one at a fair price. Please adhere to current limits and we will reinstate your account, thank you for contacting us." It's probably "what did a LEGO employee say today", but I don't think they're too worried about resellers in the UK as long as there's enough to go around. They may well be relying on us to clear the turkeys ;-)

How bizarre. If they want to ensure availability, you'd think the obvious step was lowering the limits. Seems like they have finally got the message with sets like 21309.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'm pretty certain they rely on us to clear out retiring sets. How many sets went OOS without a discount when "the list" came out and even more so when the retiring soon tags hit. Much better for Lego to do that than discount a lot of sets to get rid.

The problem is when Lego confuses real demand with reseller demand and over produces.

It has always been a love-hate relationship with resellers.  They love us when they want to unload terds and hate us when people resell out of stock, popular current retail sets for double the MSRP.  

24 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It has always been a love-hate relationship with resellers.  They love us when they want to unload terds and hate us when people resell out of stock, popular current retail sets for double the MSRP.  

I've witnessed funny as hell situation in Leicester Lego Store about 2 weeks ago.
Lanky Lego Store employee with some weird af moustache rushed out of nowhere towards the store supervisor pointing at some Asian guy  who was about to buy 5x Lego London Bus (the small one)  noticing him with <quote>:
"reseller! this guy is a reseller!!"
my cringe level was out of the charts.

the supervisor moved immediately towards the Asian guy but he changed his mind just about 2 meters being away from him just to see how it's gonna develop further.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I've witnessed funny as hell situation in Leicester Lego Store about 2 weeks ago.
Lanky Lego Store employee with some weird af moustache rushed out of nowhere towards the store supervisor pointing at some Asian guy  who was about to buy 5x Lego London Bus (the small one)  noticing him with <quote>:

the supervisor moved immediately towards the Asian guy but he changed his mind just about 2 meters being away from him just to see how it's gonna develop further.

I would shove those sets right up Mr. Lanky's arse if he tried that stunt on me...LOL

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shewie said:

Cleary never met a tourist :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

They are highly educated and trained units to spot unusual purchase behaviour to report it immediately discovering potential THREAT AND ENEMY named

R.E.S.E.L.L.E.R

Ah so if you were doing a limited signing of a new release set where people waited until 00:00 to get the item none of them would turn up on ebay due to these so-called trained units?

• Haha 1

Guys, what's the difference between an E13 (Verification Failed) and an E10 (Ban) ? I just got an E13 - should I just be careful or have I already been banned somehow?

Email text:

Thank you for your recent order. Please note that your order did not pass our order verification and has been cancelled. 

The LEGO® Company takes its customers security and privacy very seriously. If you place another order with us, please ensure that all payment information you provide is accurate and that you are an authorized user for the payment type being submitted. 

Sincerely,

LEGO Systems, Inc.
Consumer Services

@phil b did you place multiple orders just now or just one? I'm assuming you just got the E13 email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Just the one order. Did do some to-the-limit store orders yesterday, and my previous online purchase was also a high-multiple order.... got the E13 just now on my Brickheadz order. Funnily enough followed 2 minutes later by an order confirmation email, but order shows cancelled in order status screen. Might give them a call tomorrow morning if that’s worth the effort ....

Looks like the E13 was really just an internal verification error. Woke up this morning remembering that there was one of those red banner "Oops something went wrong" banners during my checkout at some point, but after a refresh the checkout continued. Think somehow internally in the order there was something wrong, because I just tried again and order is already In Warehouse 10 minutes later.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Looks like the E13 was really just an internal verification error. Woke up this morning remembering that there was one of those red banner "Oops something went wrong" banners during my checkout at some point, but after a refresh the checkout continued. Think somehow internally in the order there was something wrong, because I just tried again and order is already In Warehouse 10 minutes later.

I get those red banners nearly every time I order even when using different computers. Their webmaster needs to be fired as I think these latest retirements and resurrections could be yet another glitch. I found that errors are fewer when using a credit card instead of PayPal.

Today I ordered a couple of sets from amazon using the wife’s prime account, then another two from my own. Different card used both times. Amazon emailed me to say they had cancelled the order as it exceeded the limit per customer. Have I been unlucky here or are their systems that good? Delivery was to the same address. And anybody know how much they take before a ban starts being realistic?

6 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

Today I ordered a couple of sets from amazon using the wife’s prime account, then another two from my own. Different card used both times. Amazon emailed me to say they had cancelled the order as it exceeded the limit per customer. Have I been unlucky here or are their systems that good? Delivery was to the same address. And anybody know how much they take before a ban starts being realistic?

Don’t play with amazon. When they say limit is 2 they mean it. If you have not received warning from qla@ before then u had just been lucky.

if amazon bans you then you are really banned so weigh what’s more important.