10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

Well... before you start burning davem111... and I know you are anxious to light him up... please remember it is still summer. It could still be it retires soon. Maybe it is just delayed due to production issues? Or Lego changed their mind? If the PC is still available around this time next year he will be wrong. Or better to say... his information was wrong.

As far as I can see now... there is more stock of PS and less stock of PC. So that could speak in favour of davem111's information.

I remember that davem111 guy and he never said the end of the summer, he specified that it was the end of July! 

I remember that davem111 guy and he never said the end of the summer, he specified that it was the end of July! 

Haha burn him!!!11

But ya I wouldn't blame him if it was a couple months off. Heck, if it retired this year I'd still be happy and understand unpredictable delays. But if I see it next year... I'm gonna find my torch

• 1 month later...

This set is around for just 2 years, hope it is not going away now. I have 0 in my stock :(

I have zero as well. I usually love stocking up on these, but this modular I have no love for. Boring build, and it looks out of place in my town. I will start stocking up summer/fall of 16. That is unless something changes.

Time for it to go.  I hope TLG pulls another Town Hall and $149 seems sort of low priced now for a modular given that there will be other modulars for $159 and 169.  So confusing for the consumer -which to choose . :)

IMG_2489.JPG

• Like 9

Time for it to go.  I hope TLG pulls another Town Hall and $149 seems sort of low priced now for a modular given that there will be other modulars for $159 and 169.  So confusing for the consumer -which to choose . :)

I know where davem111 lives.I can share that information, for a price.

I received the PC today which I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home last Wednesday. It has the new box with the new standard Expert logo. Seal code: 38S5

While the front of the box shows the new logo, the rear of the box hasn't changed and it shows the old design with the street of Modular buildings TH + PS + PC.

I received the PC today which I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home last Wednesday. It has the new box with the new standard Expert logo. Seal code: 38S5

While the front of the box shows the new logo, the rear of the box hasn't changed and it shows the old design with the street of Modular buildings TH + PS + PC.

That's interesting. I know this is all speculation, but I have a feeling Pet Shop is on it's way out (bought 4, one to build, which as a modest investor is my limit). Do you think the PC will be the next to go? I like the look of it, but not everybody does.

That's interesting. I know this is all speculation, but I have a feeling Pet Shop is on it's way out (bought 4, one to build, which as a modest investor is my limit). Do you think the PC will be the next to go? I like the look of it, but not everybody does.

Personally I think LEGO will stick to their policy of retiring the oldes first (which makes sense) so PS should be next. But as we have seen with TH they can do as they please.

PC would be the next after PS. If PS is much more popular than PC LEGO could decide to retire PC earlier (but I wouldn't count on it).

As for me I'm sticking to plan A: PS first, next year PC. I have 2 copies of both and just bought a third one of PS for myself. Same will happen next year with PC ;-) If it retires now I can still decide on what to do with the two I have.

• Like 1

I too think PS is on its way out. Currently it's back in stock with an order limit of 2 (while PC, PR and DO normally have an order limit of 5). Could well be the last production run to keep it around till end of the year and then finally retire. 

The next candidate to retire in my opinion is definitely the PC. It is the least favoured modular, after Market Street. See the poll here:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/822-modulars-general-conversation/?page=1

It's a corner building which is a function the Brick Bank can take over after PC retires. And it's the cheapest Advanced Modular building while the trend for these buildings is an upwards price movement. But I don't expect PC to retire before October/November 2016. 

• Like 1

I too think PS is on its way out. Currently it's back in stock with an order limit of 2 (while PC, PR and DO normally have an order limit of 5). Could well be the last production run to keep it around till end of the year and then finally retire. 

The next candidate to retire in my opinion is definitely the PC. It is the least favoured modular, after Market Street. See the poll here:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/822-modulars-general-conversation/?page=1

It's a corner building which is a function the Brick Bank can take over after PC retires. And it's the cheapest Advanced Modular building while the trend for these buildings is an upwards price movement. But I don't expect PC to retire before October/November 2016. 

A brickpicker poll has zero impact on which set retires......LEGO doesn't care what brickpickers think.

I guess that's not what he's saying. He only states that PC is rather unpopular and that there is little speaking in favor for it being not retired when the time comes.

That's correct. Amongst us Brickpickers the PC is apparently the least popular advanced modular building currently available for purchase. And I assume that when we aesthetically consider something inferior to other current offers available, then the general buying public will most likely feel the same. ;-) 

Understood. I just think the number of "investors only" on this site would suprise you. There seem to be a large percentage here who care nothing for lego bricks as toys and view them strictly as a commodity. I could be wrong but those types of members are the most vocal in the forums so that is what I am basing this comment of off.

• Like 4

I consider them mostly commodities, and actually hate building from bulk, but do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment , as well as the details of some of the builds. Personally, I think PC is one of the more aesthetically pleasing of the modulars because it is a different style. But that's just me

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...