10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

44 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

The palace cinema is s great set. Every collection should have one.

It's really just as simple as that, to be honest.  If they are available and you don't have one, and have the funds.  Buy it!  It's one set you won't regret the purchase of.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Anyone ever buy after market stickers for alternative movie posters?

PC is in my future to build. I love the idea of changing out movie posters to keep it interesting. I'd also like to mod the way the posters are placed in the building so I can change them out easily.

There is this original Lego package of alternative stickers for this set, are they still pricey? 

10 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

There is this original Lego package of alternative stickers for this set, are they still pricey? 

There are sellers on eBay that have stickers for different movies.  I think there's one for The Force Awakens and Ghostbusters (2016) out there right now.  They're pretty cheap.  I never grabbed those stickers that LEGO had for a while, and now I regret it.

There are sellers on eBay that have stickers for different movies.  I think there's one for The Force Awakens and Ghostbusters (2016) out there right now.  They're pretty cheap.  I never grabbed those stickers that LEGO had for a while, and now I regret it.

TFA would be cool. You could probably get the GB 2016 really cheap soon.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hayttees said:

Anyone know when 2x vip in UK. Have plans to get 3x PC and is nice to have more vp when you spend so much money :)

Just guessing based on last year I think it was in October sometime.  If Smyths stock them then from what i hear there annual 20% off weekend is coming up so that could be an alternate route for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I'd be a bit careful with modulars now if I were you and be prepared for a VERY long term hold as competition (and fakes) have increased somewhat. Times have changed since the Fire Brigade went EOL and you can now see that the Grand Emporium is only just over break-even in most cases after fees, postage and tax.

One GE recently sold for "only" £185 (£200 posted) which equates to £24 profit after fees and giving the tax man his share. That to me is a very poor margin unless buy-in was -30% or less. There's virtually no opportuity now to get these sets at a discount and in the quantity to make it worthwhile. The PC could be produced for another 3 years for all we know and then the likes of TRU (with wholesale prices and vast warehouses) may have vast stockpiles to hog eBay for a long time afterwards.

LEGO also now have vast production and storage facilities so why can't they keep churning this out until eternity if it sells well? There's no reason why 12 modulars can't be on sale at the same time.

I've had it with modulars for the time being and I'll let the horde fill up their valuable space with long-term large, easily damaged boxes instead ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I've never built a modular before as always been more interested in technic / star wars, but I really like the look of palace cinema. Might pick one up on UK double VIP

Same here but, I do have one of each (apart from Cafe Corner & Green Grocer) in my collection which I'll build once I have the space and her permission!

I never meant to get into building and collecting modulars but couldn't resist opening one of my £95 PC investments when I ran out of SW and Technic sets to build.

Got to say I was very impressed with Palace Cinema. Think it'll be an in demand set a few years after retirement but who knows how long that will be.