10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

Understood. I had purchased 13 pc's and didn't like the way that 5 looked. Creased/ crushed corners- plus I bought some ds' in the same period. So I cherry picked the ones I wanted to keep and returned the rest. Trying to stay within budget too. I'm sure in 5 years I'll be kicking myself for returning them, but it is not within my budget right now to keep so many. Box condition does not drastically affect prices- but it does a little.

I had a very similar experience as I no longer think this is going right now...minus the DS part...

Edited by dcdfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you post the dimensions of the new box please? Is it same as old one or the compact style used in PR, DO?

Sorry, I didn't take this picture. It was on Korean LEGO forum. I'll ask about your questions. 

Edited by chanoh

I'm not sure if the pic has been posted already, but PC got new box design with different piece count. The old one looks better though.   

There are new boxes for TB and PC, and new born Winter Toy Shop. What's going on LEGO world?

Cough - that's my picture and I posted it for the first time in the "Retiring Soon" thread on July 24th when the glitch on the European LEGO Shop at Home site started the panic. You found it on a Korean Forum???

• Like 5

Cough - that's my picture and I posted it for the first time in the "Retiring Soon" thread on July 24th when the glitch on the European LEGO Shop at Home site started the panic. You found it on a Korean Forum???

Wow, it's honor to see the original owner. I don't know how the picture was uploaded there but we're living in Internet world.

Yeah, old box was better.  Old things are almost always better than new ones.  Also, the box on the left was a European version.  NA version would have the piece count printed on the box.  Europeans like to be surprised when they build a set, and not know how many pieces to expect beforehand (or something; I've never understood Lego's logic on this point).

• Like 1

Yeah, old box was better.  Old things are almost always better than new ones.  Also, the box on the left was a European version.  NA version would have the piece count printed on the box.  Europeans like to be surprised when they build a set, and not know how many pieces to expect beforehand (or something; I've never understood Lego's logic on this point).

I would imagine there's a law in place about piece count or something in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...
So many people present so many opinions as fact about eol I don't see how anyone could possibly keep them all straight

I don't bother. It's either for sale or it's not. EOL is only important to me as an indicator of when I start my countdown clock to selling.

It's of greater importance to those that are trying to snag then at the last second instead of stockpiling throughout its life.

• Like 1

Well... before you start burning davem111... and I know you are anxious to light him up... please remember it is still summer. It could still be it retires soon. Maybe it is just delayed due to production issues? Or Lego changed their mind? If the PC is still available around this time next year he will be wrong. Or better to say... his information was wrong.

As far as I can see now... there is more stock of PS and less stock of PC. So that could speak in favour of davem111's information.

Your own prediction about when best to sell 7965 was bang on so, whether it was by skill or luck, calling out rights are approved!

If the EP7 MF sells out this xmas, then the best time to sell 7965 hasn't come yet....

I hedged and sold half and kept half.

I sold at a price I am happy with and moved on. The downside is that none of the sets I reinvested in have retired yet so the good CAGR from one might be cancelled out by the other.

Let´s see if Lego give us some modular retirements this Autumn.