2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP USA/CAN**

Jeff Mack

Yes, the sale sets were named and released to the public at 8 pm last night. Look at Jeff's post at the beginning of this topic. 

I think what he might be referring to was that Lego never promoted that these specific sets would be on sale for this specific discount.  The affiliate program knew the specifics, but Lego never sent an email or posted on their website that said come get a Skiff/Malevolence/Pre Viszla for 50% off.  We knew because we cared, the average Joe would just roll up and see that the highly discounted stuff already sold out.

Gotta laugh at some of the "outrage" responses over these sales this weekend.  I haven't gone back and  cross checked the posts....but it's funny how it went from "these sales suck, how dare the TLG insult with substandard sales!" to "OMG!....I can't believe TLG insulted us by only having a limited amount of these great items on sale!!!" in about a minute and a half.  Keep em coming boys! 

The outrage is at allowing a few to scoop up all the great deals within minutes through placing 5+ orders without having any sort of limits so that long time customers, collectors and kids who would have been happy to get one great deal along with some worse then TRU deals get none.  Because of this clear lack of concern on the part of Lego I will be boycotting May da 4 and personally writing to TLG customer relations.

LEGO discounted a whole bunch of items, but did not promote anything in particular.  They still have a bunch of items on sale that would appeal to the "regular Joe/Jane."  Everyone is disappointed with the lack of inventory, but LEGO made no promises.   

• Like 3

May 4th is a glorified way of clearing out backed-up inventory, basically a pre-clearance clearance sale. The only thing they advertised was the minifig and the poster, both of which are still readily available.

The people mad about the lack of inventory are the same people that buy up all the clearance LEGO they can find at Target or Walmart before everyone else has a shot... you can't have it both ways.

• Like 3

May 4th is a glorified way of clearing out backed-up inventory, basically a pre-clearance clearance sale. The only thing they advertised was the minifig and the poster, both of which are still readily available.

The people mad about the lack of inventory are the same people that buy up all the clearance LEGO they can find at Target or Walmart before everyone else has a shot... you can't have it both ways.

Exactly lol I'm more of a collector so I'm more than thankful to have scored a malevolence, pre vizsla, and sand crawler last night as well as the revan minifig

Sorry to say, but I was also prophetic telling members to buy the SSD, R2-D2 and 10188 back in the Double VIP points(with freebies) days because they weren't going to get a better deal in the future. Maybe next time people will listen.

I didn't think there were any freebies during the last double VIP promo. Double VIP on R2 only nets you an additional $9 but Revan will net you $20 right now. This is a better deal.

Since when did LEGO Shop at Home start charging tax if you don't have a physical store in your state? 

Ever since they signed a lease for a physical store, discovery center or office/factory/warehouse/distribution space in your state.  If they're charging tax, they're building or leasing something.  Leases can and do often get signed for retail stores up to 6 to 9 months before they're scheduled to open.  Heck, sometimes earlier than that if the space is going to be "built to suit" or whatever they call it.

Ever since they signed a lease for a physical store, discovery center or office/factory/warehouse/distribution space in your state.  If they're charging tax, they're building or leasing something.  Leases can and do often get signed for retail stores up to 6 to 9 months before they're scheduled to open.  Heck, sometimes earlier than that if the space is going to be "built to suit" or whatever they call it.

That would be news to me.  We don't have any Lego stores here in Nebraska.  Going to call them and see what is up. 

Gotta laugh at some of the "outrage" responses over these sales this weekend. I haven't gone back and cross checked the posts....but it's funny how it went from "these sales suck, how dare the TLG insult with substandard sales!" to "OMG!....I can't believe TLG insulted us by only having a limited amount of these great items on sale!!!" in about a minute and a half. Keep em coming boys!

On the internets, we don't have to have no stinking reason to be outraged. We would be double outraged if malevolence was available for entire event, and was still available after for another year

Just ordered my Sandcrawler.  Totally whiffed on the 50% off stuff.  Didn't even bother to look until today thinking that everything would be on May the 4th. 

I wasn't really thinking about an R2-D2 but might consider it with the Darth Revan figure.  Pretty disappointed with the offerings they have here for May 4th.

At least yesterday I got my complete set of Simpsons figures after successfully mashing the foils of the case I bought.

Grim

The outrage is at allowing a few to scoop up all the great deals within minutes through placing 5+ orders without having any sort of limits so that long time customers, collectors and kids who would have been happy to get one great deal along with some worse then TRU deals get none.  Because of this clear lack of concern on the part of Lego I will be boycotting May da 4 and personally writing to TLG customer relations.

How's that any different than any other sale?  Some people win...some lose.  

I think the fact that the three old dogs sold out within 15 mins is great news for all lego investors/collectors.

I'm glad the skiffs sold out as quickly as they did. The longer a sale like that lasts, the more it pushes down the secondary market price after EOL.

I think what he might be referring to was that Lego never promoted that these specific sets would be on sale for this specific discount.  The affiliate program knew the specifics, but Lego never sent an email or posted on their website that said come get a Skiff/Malevolence/Pre Viszla for 50% off.  We knew because we cared, the average Joe would just roll up and see that the highly discounted stuff already sold out.

This is semantics to a certain extent but to me, notifying the affiliate programs what exact sets are going to be on sale and for what discount percentage is advertising.

I think the thing most of us find frustrating is that most of these sets that are on sale aren't even as cheap as you can get on pretty much any given day on any other website.  Obviously the 50% off stuff was nice, but they hardly had any stock.