10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order for 5 tb when it was out of stock. My order never went thru LEGO Shop at Home. Now that its available should I re - order or wait for double VIP?

Can you see the status of your old order? BTW I would be careful with such orders. Though you didn't exceed the stated limit, it has "reseller" written all over it.

• Like 2

Bought 3 mint ones last Thursday at 160 euro each. They are 200 euro at ToysXL and with my 20% discount it was a sweet deal. Unfortunately they only had three, but they were at least all mint, fresh out of the factory case.

20%? how did get that discount?

This set is not going anywhere soon, and even if it does, I doubt it'll do as good as Town Hall.

I think a lot of people underestimate the potential of this set. You can only truly appreciate it if you have built it and seen how amazing the detail and everything is on it. If this thing were to catch people off guard like the TH it would be $500+ within a few months. Smart investors will make sure to have a few of these when it's gone.

I think a lot of people underestimate the potential of this set. You can only truly appreciate it if you have built it and seen how amazing the detail and everything is on it. If this thing were to catch people off guard like the TH it would be $500+ within a few months. Smart investors will make sure to have a few of these when it's gone.

But if you compared the details of the TB and the TH, the Town Hall is just so amazingly detailed compared to TB.

TH -

TB - 

And the Town Hall can fit perfectly with other creator sets such as PS, PC, PR, etc, etc. while the TB stands alone.

The Town Hall was a unique event.  It poofed practically overnight.  It will be difficult, if not impossible, to ever compare it to other sets.  

I like the Tower Bridge because of the size and price per piece ratio.  LEGO may never give us that again, ever.  I don't like how long it continues to linger.  The only advantage: several exclusive sets have went EOL in the past year so its probably not getting much attention.  This set will require patience, just like the T1.

But if you compared the details of the TB and the TH, the Town Hall is just so amazingly detailed compared to TB.

And the Town Hall can fit perfectly with other creator sets such as PS, PC, PR, etc, etc. while the TB stands alone.

Not saying that the TB is going to reach anywhere near where the Taj is at, but look at that set. It doesn't fit with the modulars and yet it does just fine. Same with Eiffel and others. 

As for the detail, I have both built and would say the detail in the TB is just as good as TH. And people that come over ALWAYS comment on TB. TH barely gets a glimpse. TB is a wonderful set with a great piece count. 

I'm no old-timer, but I wouldn't compare everything to TH. That was more an anomaly than average. I got lucky and picked up a few. I'll put my money on TB being a safe bet after retirement. It should do just fine.

This set is not going anywhere soon, and even if it does, I doubt it'll do as good as Town Hall.

don't back pedal. U said it's not going anywhere, then contradicted urself in the same sentence by adding even if it does..... This set Will do great and it's the best lego set ever. Respect it. :)
  • Like 1

don't back pedal. U said it's not going anywhere, then contradicted urself in the same sentence by adding even if it does..... This set Will do great and it's the best lego set ever. Respect it. :)

"This is not going anywhere soon" = Not retiring soon.

"and even if it does" = Even if it does retire.

"I doubt it'll do as good as Town Hall" = My thoughts are it will not sell as high as Town Hall.

TH should not be the standard to which other exclusives are compared.  It's a true statement that 95% of future exclusive retirements will not match TH.  TH was an anomaly, and we'll be lucky if we see another similar circumstance anytime in the next year or two.  

Having said that, TB is probably among the very few candidates that *may*  (read: still unlikely) see an abrupt retirement like TH, and if it does, well, TH mk2.  I don't think that will happen, but by definition I don't think it will happen to any other current set we have in our sights, only that it *may* happen to some set, we just don't know which one.  

Edited by diablo2112

I have great respect for hxckid and the Tower Bridge is a respectable set but it is not the best Lego set ever in my opinion.

Agreed but when someone doesn't have an interest in something, (building lego per say), then a set catches that persons eye and gets them interested. I definitely take that as a sign.