10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Pretty sad that one rumor post can move potentially hundreds of sets.  There may be alot of people selling for losses in the next few years if they've only recently started buying. I still see limit 5 at S&**** with a ship date that is only 13 days away.

Edited by JRandall

Pretty sad that one rumor post can move potentially hundreds of sets.  There may be alot of people selling for losses in the next few years if they've only recently started buying. I still see limit 5 at S&**** with a ship date that is only 13 days away.

​Greed in humanity is like zombies begging for flesh.

For posterity, what was the rumor post you are referring to?

I read this several times and I still can't understand what you are trying to say.

• Like 1

I don't really care if it retires in six months   or 2 years, I've got the number I feel comfortable with. Whenever it does finally go and the F5 brigade all start freaking out I can sit back with some popcorn and a frosty beverage and enjoy the show. This isn't timing the market, this is waiting the market out. Point is, if you think this set is a good investment, and you have the scratch, why wait until it's hard to find before you get one or ten, or go all Ed on it? Or, go all hulk on it in this case.

• Like 4

I BELIEVE Tower Bridge is leaving us as we speak.  Sold out at retail everywhere.  (Ships in 30 days at SAH)

Actually kinda shocked at how quietly it has been happening...

​Available / limit 5 @ LEGO Shop at Home EU

​Available / limit 5 @ LEGO Shop at Home EU

​Yes, same as with the HH (10228) last year.. 2 weeks later completely sold out, so don't let LEGO Shop at Home fool you about set retirements. 

I personally also think the TB is standing on its last legs, but again this is purely speculation.

​...until the day it doesn't come back, which will happen eventually.

​And each of us will die eventually. The only information the status of TB serves right now is that people are buying it. Doesn't tell us anything about retirement. What I learned lately is that stock status of LEGO sets became totally random, most likely as a result of production schedule optimization. 

​And each of us will die eventually. The only information the status of TB serves right now is that people are buying it. Doesn't tell us anything about retirement. What I learned lately is that stock status of LEGO sets became totally random, most likely as a result of production schedule optimization. 

You are correct it doesn't say anything for certain but if you add in the time frame...all retailers running out and the ones who do have it in stock are jacking up the price.   If there is ever a time to assume something is retiring...  Of course sometimes the symptoms are there and it doesn't but if you wait until everything has the retired sign on it, you probably missed the boat.  

You are correct it doesn't say anything for certain but if you add in the time frame...all retailers running out and the ones who do have it in stock are jacking up the price.   If there is ever a time to assume something is retiring...  Of course sometimes the symptoms are there and it doesn't but if you wait until everything has the retired sign on it, you probably missed the boat.  

​You miss the point. The same stuff happened last year. We are in total uncertainty. Buy the set as you see fit but don't jump to conclusions. 

And about this set disappearing phenomenon. Sets disappear and come back in large, not just TB. When supply is low price is jacked up, Economics 101. Happened with Tumbler and other exclusives.

And yeah I get it that TB is old. It was old 2 years ago. These sets are living their own life, it may be here in 2020.

• Like 1

I guess we all can agree that the chance this set will retire soon is becoming more big every day that passes. It has been around for quite some time.

If you believe in this set make sure you have your desired quantity for investment. As it has been out for so long there is absolutely no excuse to have zero of these. I have my desired quantity and I am at ease. Would I like to have more? Sure. But others are more important now. Also I haven't seen a decent sale on this one the last months.

• Like 1