10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I have great respect for hxckid and the Tower Bridge is a respectable set but it is not the best Lego set ever in my opinion.

I'm biased. It's the second lego set I ever built, I love bridges and landmarks and scenery and such and I love England culture.

It's a perfect match. :)

To add to what speedsausage referred to, I try to also look at things from other perspectives. Think about a father and son building this set. What other set alowes for litelry the same build. As in the mirror each other. Child copies dad for towers, as everything is doubled on this set.

Great way to build and bond. Correct me if I'm wrong but is their reslly another set that offers this experience?

Edited by hxckid88

Isn't TB already overdue as it is? I do t think a retirement would really catch many by surprise at this point.

I think by surprise others mean there won't be the usual signs.

We should take bets on what goes first the ds or tb and when? Anyone feel they will both be gone this year?

Edited by hxckid88

This set is not going anywhere soon, and even if it does, I doubt it'll do as good as Town Hall.

To be respectfully honest there was no need to bump this thread with a post like this. First, no one said it was going anywhere or that it was gonna do better than the town hall. Second you really don't know if it's going anywhere, you are just speculating like the rest of us.
  • Like 2

To be respectfully honest there was no need to bump this thread with a post like this. First, no one said it was going anywhere or that it was gonna do better than the town hall. Second you really don't know if it's going anywhere, you are just speculating like the rest of us.

This is an open forum right?
  • Like 1

I'm biased. It's the second lego set I ever built, I love bridges and landmarks and scenery and such and I love England culture.

It's a perfect match.  :)

All good, brother.  It is a very nice set but I have others I rank above it.  If everyone had the same top rated set life would be pretty boring. :) Cheers enjoy your TB it is something to be proud of both the one you built and your warehouse of them.

I think by surprise others mean there won't be the usual signs.

We should take bets on what goes first the ds or tb and when? Anyone feel they will both be gone this year?

The Death Star will probably live on another 5 years LOL but I am picking up another one tomorrow.  I think it is a good practice to pour cash into a stagnant set that has gone nowhere for 7 years ROFL but seriously I'm buying another one tomorrow.  (think tone of Ben Stiller in Zoolander when he says yes and no but seriously but not really etc etc).  But not to confuse matters further I am getting another Death Star tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

This is an open forum right?

Stephen's being nice...

No it's not an "open" forum. It's a website owned and operated by the Mack brothers who graciously provide us a small space on the Internet to discuss Lego investing with other like minded crazies.

And respectfully, you're posting the same questions over and over across different threads and asking the same questions that have been asked dozens of times. Some of the old farts around here just get a little testy is all.... And ask that new members post helpful and meaningful things from time to time rather than just pointless comments.

So to bring us back... Have you ever built the TB? Ours is still sitting half destroyed in a Rubbermaid bin after my partner dropped it. She built it so it was just her feelings that were hurt. It's such a big set to display that we've never had the itch to put it back together or finish dismantling it.

• Like 4

So to bring us back... Have you ever built the TB? Ours is still sitting half destroyed in a Rubbermaid bin after my partner dropped it. She built it so it was just her feelings that were hurt. It's such a big set to display that we've never had the itch to put it back together or finish dismantling it.

So what your saying is you have an extremely large lump of coals ahem lego bricks half assembled and half utterly destroyed in a plastic box with no motivation to rebuild it, redisplay it or break it down to store it or to verify it is complete and sell it. LOL.

Above in Jest, Somewhat... ROFL

• Like 1

Stephen's being nice...

No it's not an "open" forum. It's a website owned and operated by the Mack brothers who graciously provide us a small space on the Internet to discuss Lego investing with other like minded crazies.

And respectfully, you're posting the same questions over and over across different threads and asking the same questions that have been asked dozens of times. Some of the old farts around here just get a little testy is all.... And ask that new members post helpful and meaningful things from time to time rather than just pointless comments.

Thanks for filling in for the hulk tonight. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

It'll never be sold, but yeah that's what I'm saying.

The best is that I wasn't home and she left it like splashed across the dining room floor and very politely asked me if I could pick it up when I got home.

Tower Bridge is falling down,

Falling down, falling down.

Tower Bridge is falling down,

'cause of my fair lady.

• Like 4

I know the sentiment Greg.  Last year, I had my TB displayed on a shelf anchored into the wall in my bedroom downstairs.  One day, one of my cats got the bright idea to Jump on it and then I get a call from the wife that it's in a million pieces on the floor.  I eventually packed it up and left it for a good few months before I got off my lazy butt to rebuild it.  Surprisingly, it held together really, really well.  I didn't loose a single piece and only one piece was busted along the way.  Just that little gold candle stick holder looking thingy.

I think you should get it put back together.  I actually had fun rebuilding it after the disaster.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm biased as I cross the real TB regularly and always admire it's magnificence. In the UK and perhaps the EU, I think this can only skyrocket post EOL and could 2x RRP within months. If LEGO ever made the Golden Gate Bridge, the Americans would perhaps drool over it more than we would. I doubt we'll see Sydney Harbour Bridge as that'll probably have to be part Creator and part Technic.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1426304153.416456.jpg

The best is that I wasn't home and she left it like splashed across the dining room floor and very politely asked me if I could pick it up when I got home.

This is one if those sets when I just don't see many people would rush rebuilding iit f something went awry. Lots of smaller elements, very big, looks cool yet boring at the same time. Now many if it had more features like a PF draw-bridge, lighting, cars somehow moved across the bridge, etc...

This is one if those sets when I just don't see many people would rush rebuilding iit f something went awry. Lots of smaller elements, very big, looks cool yet boring at the same time. Now many if it had more features like a PF draw-bridge, lighting, cars somehow moved across the bridge, etc...

We are hoping to recruit our friends 12 year old who likes building Lego to rebuild it. We did the same thing with when a friends older son looked after our place over a holiday and we had a Death Star that had lost an epic space battle with a two year old. Along with the keys, we gave him a bucket of parts and the instruction manual. :)

• Like 2

We are hoping to recruit our friends 12 year old who likes building Lego to rebuild it. We did the same thing with when a friends older son looked after our place over a holiday and we had a Death Star that had lost an epic space battle with a two year old. Along with the keys, we gave him a bucket of parts and the instruction manual. :)

Yeah, my wife occasionally takes out the 10179. Section here, section there. Luckily, I can repair it each time w/in 15-45 mins so far. I have the PDF version of the manual on all my apple devices because of my wife. Repairing the bottom of the stern is 'awesome' using the manual on the iPhone. D'oh.

• Like 2

I just picked one up from craigslist earlier this week. "New" but the box/seals look questionable. I hope I don't have a box of megabloks!

I was going to tuck it away for investment but now I might just have to open it and build it....you know, just to make sure it's complete.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1426304153.416456.jpg

You should display your smashed TB with an avengers set mixed in- making it look like London was under attack.

• Like 1