5002123 - Darth Revan

Mos_Eisley

Place your bets!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars key chain will be the first to disappear on September 30, 2016?

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Vader
    • Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    • Boba Fett
    • Yoda
    • Chewbacca
    • Wicket
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    • Finn
    • Rey
    • BB-8
    • Poe Dameron

This sounds like a "I didn't get to buy what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay to get the figure I wanted so I'm going to hope the figure becomes worthless" post. This figure's existence in any future novels, games, movies, shows or anything else is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Disney decides to do with the character. The minifigure exists and people will want it. Unless it shows up at TRU at some point, there will be a lot less of these around than many other minifigures. Even if Disney decided to pretend the KOTOR universe doesn't exist, it doesn't take this character out of the minds of people who already like the games and/or character. If anything it only increases the chances that this minifigure will never be remade again, thus making it more valuable. The minifigures of Malgus, Vader's Apprentice, etc. aren't going to become worthless just because Disney decided they don't really exist. They do exist, as LEGO minifigures.

As stated above, this figure stands a better chance of becoming valuable than another figure the could be included in a set.  I am a huge STAR WARS fan, but I don't live and breath it like some other people do. I really don't care if it exists in the Disney STAR WARS world.  As Mos Eisley stated though, I am an anal LEGO STAR WARS collector, and if it is a minifigure, I want one...or 5.  LOL

• Like 1

Guest davewager78

It's just a polybag. Nice to make a few bucks but nothing to get all worked up over. 10 or 20 off a few R2's, Ill take it either way. 

Yup, that's the deal. 15% off, plus your VIP points, plus whatever you can get for your free Darth Revan

Taken my R2's down from

I think the cool factor has to be considered as well. I don't know anything about KOTOR, but I love the minifig. Detailed and mean looking. As long as people are collecting SW stuff and Lego stuff, he'll have a draw. Especially if he never shows up in a set. Some will actively look for it, others will stumble across it. Either way, his value is there.

• Like 1

I think the cool factor has to be considered as well. I don't know anything about KOTOR, but I love the minifig. Detailed and mean looking. As long as people are collecting SW stuff and Lego stuff, he'll have a draw. Especially if he never shows up in a set. Some will actively look for it, others will stumble across it. Either way, his value is there.

Yes...Darth Revan is very cool.  

You know, ghosts don't exist either (sorry Ghostbuster and paranormal activity fans) but Ghost and clock poly did really well.  I say everyone should hold these Darth's for at least a few years and not sell them now.  If you do sell now it will drive the price down down down.

I think Revan is one of the cooler promo figures to come out of Lego.  The biggest draw is the fact that he's a cool looking Sith lord, and we really don't have a ton of variety with Sith lords in minifig form.  I've never played The Old Republic, but I bought up the sets because the minifigs, especially the Sith, look awesome.  There will be people who want Revan even if they've never heard of KOTOR.

• Like 1

Unless you plan on just selling him right away (which you should) I don't see him as a long-term investment at all. From what I understand, he isn't even a "real" Star Wars character anymore. I'm sure that Lego had this in the works for a while, but the whole Knight of the Old Republic isn't part of the Star Wars canon or universe anymore. So....no more stories in the future. Kids and new Star Wars fans in the future won't even know who he is anymore, with Disney throwing out the entire Expanded Universe. Am I wrong?

Is there any way they'll still use him in their world? Don't get me wrong. I love the character and the Knights of the Old Republic game, but I just don't see ANY long-term investment in a figure that, technically now, never should have been made based on a character that has been thrown out of the official Star Wars universe.

Thoughts? I'd love to be wrong on this one.

I agree with you 100%. Non-canon items will have less demand since they aren't considered "real" to that universe. It will be interesting to follow the demand (or lack of) for non-canon SW Lego items.

I do have a strange feeling that "DR" will turn up again. Just not sure where yet.

Siths masters and apprentices do use the "Darth" prefix name so why not recycle DR in perhaps, an upcoming movie? All the better SW films had a helmet wearing baddie named Darth :)

Note : Too bad Darth Maul was killed off because Qui Gon and him were about the other positives in that debacle of a movie. Then they turned him into a freak in The Clone Wars. Maul was an ultra cool character who I honestly think could have approached Vader status in terms of fandom loyalty (not general public awareness though).

If DR turns up again, this "limited" figure should do very, very well.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I think Revan is one of the cooler promo figures to come out of Lego.  The biggest draw is the fact that he's a cool looking Sith lord, and we really don't have a ton of variety with Sith lords in minifig form.  I've never played The Old Republic, but I bought up the sets because the minifigs, especially the Sith, look awesome.  There will be people who want Revan even if they've never heard of KOTOR.

I agree 100%. My 7 year old loves the bad guys in Star Wars.  He tells me that there so many Jedi minifigures and but not that many bad guy minifigures like Palpatine/Sidious, darth Vader, dath maul, savage oppress, general grievious, Count dooku and some sith warrior minifigures to name only a few.   He loves the new Revan minifigure.  I am pretty sure other kids will want one now.  Plus, if they do not remake the Revan minifigure, it will be even be worth much more in the future.

Note : Too bad Darth Maul was killed off because Qui Gon and him were about the other positives in that debacle of a movie. Then they turned him into a freak in The Clone Wars. Maul was an ultra cool character who I honestly think could have approached Vader status in terms of fandom loyalty (not general public awareness though).

Darth Maul was a huge wasted opportunity, he was basically the face of episode 1 leading up to the movie, and everyone I knew figured he and Palpatine were the big bads throughout the prequels.  It was disappointing to see him being nothing more than Palpatine's enforcer.

I agree 100%. My 7 year old loves the bad guys in Star Wars.  He tells me that there so many Jedi minifigures and but not that many bad guy minifigures like Palpatine/Sidious, darth Vader, dath maul, savage oppress, general grievious, Count dooku and some sith warrior minifigures to name only a few.   He loves the new Revan minifigure.  I am pretty sure other kids will want one now.  Plus, if they do not remake the Revan minifigure, it will be even be worth much more in the future.

When I started this thread, I didn't even think about the fact that my 11-year old son, who is both into Star Wars and Legos, could care less about the Darth Revan figure.  He watches the movies and the cartoon shows, but had never heard of Darth Revan (I, on the other hand, had played the video game based on KOTOR and liked the character quite a bit).  I can see how some kids might think he's just a cool looking mini-fig, but I see long-term value in characters that people love and "have to have".  I am not saying I know what is going to happen here.  I just have concerns about the long-term value.  Short-term, I say go for it!  Sell them while they're hot.  But I am just afraid this will be like a Twilight movie opening weekend where it makes 90% of its box office gross in three days.  I'm not saying this one will only be pullling in decent bucks for three days, but I think it could be a short-term gain for the rabid fanbase that really wants it.  Beyond that, I don't know how much of a market there is for him if Disney doesn't do more with him.  I hope they do, because I love the character and will probably buy the minifig shortly one way or another, investment issues asside. 

• Like 1

Darth Maul was a huge wasted opportunity, he was basically the face of episode 1 leading up to the movie, and everyone I knew figured he and Palpatine were the big bads throughout the prequels.  It was disappointing to see him being nothing more than Palpatine's enforcer.

I totally agree.  I always said that the biggest mistake of the prequels was how they handled Darth Maul.  Think about how popular he was, and he barely had any screen time or lines.  I know, I know...Boba Fett was popular as well, with even less screen time.  But not in the same way.  Fett was mysterious, and you wanted him in small doses.  Killing DM off in Episode 1 was a huge waste.  Which is why the cartoon show tried to correct that by sort of bringing him back. 

Isn't that supposed to be the "clever twist" of the PT ?  i.e. Palpatine had different right hand man on each episode, each better than the one before 

Isn't that supposed to be the "clever twist" of the PT ?  i.e. Palpatine had different right hand man on each episode, each better than the one before 

I guess... although I believe he had Maul and Dooku around at the same time, they just didn't know about each other.  I always thought that it would have been cool for Maul to live, and discover that his master broke the 'rule of two', and then hunt him down as a traitor.  It could end in an epic battle between Dooku and Maul where Dooku eventually defeats him.  Would make for cool backstory but eat up too much screen time for a movie.

I guess... although I believe he had Maul and Dooku around at the same time, they just didn't know about each other.  I always thought that it would have been cool for Maul to live, and discover that his master broke the 'rule of two', and then hunt him down as a traitor.  It could end in an epic battle between Dooku and Maul where Dooku eventually defeats him.  Would make for cool backstory but eat up too much screen time for a movie.

He did live!

• Like 1

Yep...A complete waste.  

Lol I'd rather watched that than the senate blah blah blah or the "love story" we had in ep 2.   Or just open ep 2 with Darth Maul fiercely dueling and defeated by this random badass old man.  That would 1. establish Dooku's power and 2. be double shock when it was revealed that he worked with Sidious all along. 

• Like 1

I guess... although I believe he had Maul and Dooku around at the same time, they just didn't know about each other.

Ha. We once knew the answer with James Luceno "Darth Plagueis" book. If any EU book / story survives the "Order 66 Jedi..., I mean "EU purge, this is the one. The book actually ties in nicely with TPM movie and makes it more interesting to watch...even with Jar Jar.

Originally, Palpatine recruited Maul to be his #2. Plagueis knew about Maul and allowed him to be trained. He thought Maul was like a pet to Palpatine. Plagueis was recruiting Dooku in the meantime. So chances are, they knew about one another. However, everything I typed is non-canon now :(

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

He did live!

too bad they brought him back.  it was very "dc" and "marvel" move by lucasfilm.  at least in the TPM, maul had a decent final scene.  man, they could have used maul up until the very end.  maul and palps could have tag-teamed for 2 more films. maybe let anakin take down maul down before turning.    instead, we were given a senior citizen with a name that sounds like dookie (dooku) and an asthmatic multiple arm droid with a cape (grievous).    good grief. 

Ha. We once knew the answer with James Luceno "Darth Plagueis" book. If any EU book / story survives the "Order 66 Jedi..., I mean "EU purge, this is the one. The book actually ties in nicely with TPM movie and makes it more interesting to watch...even with Jar Jar.

Originally, Palpatine recruited Maul to be his #2. Plagueis knew about Maul and allowed him to be trained. He thought Maul was like a pet to Palpatine. Plagueis was recruiting Dooku in the meantime. So chances are, they knew about one another. However, everything I typed is non-canon now :(

Luceno's book "Labyrinth of Evil" was also a great lead-in to "Revenge of the Sith". I highly recommend that one.