5002123 - Darth Revan

Mos_Eisley

Place your bets!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars key chain will be the first to disappear on September 30, 2016?

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Vader
    • Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    • Boba Fett
    • Yoda
    • Chewbacca
    • Wicket
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    • Finn
    • Rey
    • BB-8
    • Poe Dameron

And I know my opinion does not matter in the slightest but I think it was a horrible move to buy that many Pre Vs. That money could have been spent way better elsewhere. Hope that works out for you though.

I honesty value your opinion as many as others here. Most of those will be giveaways for my son's birthday
  • Like 3

Well, I figured it would be better to go into the store and see what, if any, deals they had.

It appeared to be the same online deals, but the store had limited goodies...

Purchased the Duel and Starhopper for the minifig.

Both sets were 15% in store.

Unless you plan on just selling him right away (which you should) I don't see him as a long-term investment at all.  From what I understand, he isn't even a "real" Star Wars character anymore.  I'm sure that Lego had this in the works for a while, but the whole Knight of the Old Republic isn't part of the Star Wars canon or universe anymore.  So....no more stories in the future.  Kids and new Star Wars fans in the future won't even know who he is anymore, with Disney throwing out the entire Expanded Universe.  Am I wrong? 

Is there any way they'll still use him in their world?  Don't get me wrong.  I love the character and the Knights of the Old Republic game, but I just don't see ANY long-term investment in a figure that, technically now, never should have been made based on a character that has been thrown out of the official Star Wars universe. 

Thoughts?  I'd love to be wrong on this one.

Where did you hear that?  In an official post from Disney/Lucasfilm a few weeks ago, they said that just the movies, and the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows were now considered canon.  Then I heard them say that the movie novelizations were canon, but then they kind of backtracked on that because one of them says that Obi-Wan and Uncle Owen were brothers, which is not canon.

As far as we know TOR (expanded universe) is one of the few parts of non canonical Star Wars that is staying (if not the only one)

This does seem to be expected by all my rabid ToR friends, that that universe will remain untouched by the obliteration most/all places elsewhere of the EU.

Regardless, we're talking very small potatoes as far as investment goes - nobody spent a lot on Revan, even those who bought some stuff specifically to get him also get the benefit of that stuff, so it's not like it'll make a significant difference to anyone's portfolio either way.

I had planned on buying some Star Wars loot on lego.com and hoped to get a Darth Revan, but by the time I logged on Friday morning, all the good stuff was gone and the Millennium Falcon wasn't discounted like it was in Europe.  So....I didn't get anything.  I love Darth Revan, but it does deflate the character if he doesn't exist (because we all know that Luke Skywalker is a very real and alive person)  :D

I'm not convinced that Disney telling people he doesn't exist, if they do (maybe because they want to go back in time for pre-prequel movies) is going to impress ToR fans anyway - they'll consider themselves a spin-off universe and those who have always loved Revan will continue to do so.

I'm not convinced that Disney telling people he doesn't exist, if they do (maybe because they want to go back in time for pre-prequel movies) is going to impress ToR fans anyway - they'll consider themselves a spin-off universe and those who have always loved Revan will continue to do so.

Exactly, and didnt one of Disney representatives hint that TOR is staying, I think someone wrote that on forums :)

This sounds like a "I didn't get to buy what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay to get the figure I wanted so I'm going to hope the figure becomes worthless" post. This figure's existence in any future novels, games, movies, shows or anything else is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Disney decides to do with the character. The minifigure exists and people will want it. Unless it shows up at TRU at some point, there will be a lot less of these around than many other minifigures. Even if Disney decided to pretend the KOTOR universe doesn't exist, it doesn't take this character out of the minds of people who already like the games and/or character. If anything it only increases the chances that this minifigure will never be remade again, thus making it more valuable. The minifigures of Malgus, Vader's Apprentice, etc. aren't going to become worthless just because Disney decided they don't really exist. They do exist, as LEGO minifigures.

• Like 4

I sold it as soon as I received mine, as if it were made with ember. Sold within 10 minutes (about 20 $).

People who want this minifig can have it by themselves through lego shop.

If they don't because they don't want anything on the lego shop (or can't afford right now), they are ok to buy it for a price, let's say about 25$. For more, it would be wiser to buy a SW set and have it for free.

There will be lot of this minifig, here and there. I'm not in SW old republic stuff but I don't think this minifig will be so much appealing for SW fans.

Once the hype will be gone (let's say... next month ?), I wouldn't be surprised if the value drop to 10$ (unsealed).

I don't see it as long term investment at all (I think in the next months a lot of people will be ok to get rid of it to make like 10$), unless for guys who are looking for sealed polybags.

This sounds like a "I didn't get to buy what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay to get the figure I wanted so I'm going to hope the figure becomes worthless" post. This figure's existence in any future novels, games, movies, shows or anything else is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Disney decides to do with the character. The minifigure exists and people will want it. Unless it shows up at TRU at some point, there will be a lot less of these around than many other minifigures. Even if Disney decided to pretend the KOTOR universe doesn't exist, it doesn't take this character out of the minds of people who already like the games and/or character. If anything it only increases the chances that this minifigure will never be remade again, thus making it more valuable. The minifigures of Malgus, Vader's Apprentice, etc. aren't going to become worthless just because Disney decided they don't really exist. They do exist, as LEGO minifigures.

I agree with you totally, except what this thread sounds like, I did not get such feeling......

Personally everyone wants stuff he wishes to obtain to be ''worthless'' atleast for the moment he is buying :P;)

I think Darth Revan will experience CAGR in a ''U'' type of graph.....

It will go from 25$ fig down to 12-14$ and then back up to around 30$, in a span of 5-6 years.....

The best buff for the figs value would obviously be KOTOR 3 or TOR popularity and good story spin offs....

I think Darth Revan will experience CAGR in a ''U'' type of graph.....

It will go from 25$ fig down to 12-14$ and then back up to around 30$, in a span of 5-6 years.....

I agree :) (well, we may be wrong, too hard to tell) so I think it's ok to sell it now, because we are sure to sell it a very good price. Be carefull not to be too greedy or you may be disappointed.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

No, this isn't one of those posts.  Notice in my first post I said, "I hope I'm wrong..." about this.  And again, I didn't say he isn't a good investment.  I just have doubts about any kind of long-term investment.  I'm sure I can pick up a figure in a few months for about $10, but I was just hoping to package him with some other good deals this weekend that never really worked out.  I'm not bitter or anything.  I'm hoping he works out for everyone.  I LOVE TOR world.  I want to see it stay in the canon and succeed, and I don't wish investment failure on anyone.  I really do hope he works out for everyone.

• Like 1