5002123 - Darth Revan

Mos_Eisley

Place your bets!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars key chain will be the first to disappear on September 30, 2016?

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Vader
    • Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    • Boba Fett
    • Yoda
    • Chewbacca
    • Wicket
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    • Finn
    • Rey
    • BB-8
    • Poe Dameron

• 3 weeks later...

It must have been a sucker who bought that because I've had mine listed at $21.99 plus shipping this week and no takers yet.  It's still a much better minifigure for resale than the last couple we've had (Hoth Han variant and Blue Clone Lt.).

It's still a much better minifigure for resale than the last couple we've had (Hoth Han variant and Blue Clone Lt.).

I didn't like last year's Hoth Han variant. The minifigure didn't appeal to me, but I did like the Blue Clone Lt. and I got it when the promo started.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Less than a year old and going strong at $30, easy.  Possibly one of the best Shop at Home offers ever (3x VIP was good too)?  I hope LEGO offers some decent polybags later this year.

Yes, this one has held onto it's value really well.  I think most are predicting this year's promo will be a less than stellar performer.

LEGO-Star-Wars-Admiral-Yularen-Minifigur

Less than a year old and going strong at $30, easy.  Possibly one of the best Shop at Home offers ever (3x VIP was good too)?  I hope LEGO offers some decent polybags later this year.

Holy crap, thanks for reminding me about these things. I totally forget I have some stashed away. Are they really going for $30 piece? I feel like I just found a few $100 bills in an old pair of pants.

• Like 3

Holy crap, thanks for reminding me about these things. I totally forget I have some stashed away. Are they really going for $30 piece? I feel like I just found a few $100 bills in an old pair of pants.

I actually ran across two of mine today. I'm hoarding them, though. One for my son, one for me. This is an expensive hobby when it transcends generations.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, I'm usually over there on the Star Wars board but I've just ordered a few Star Wars Darth Revan Minifigures. I see on eBay that they are going for a pretty penny (about 3000 pretty pennies actually). After doing some research, it looks like this mini was the May the 4th give-away.

What does that say about quantity of these produced?

Any opinion as to whether to buy and hold these or flip, considering that Darth Revan is Star Wars but from some more obscure series (and will not be in any upcoming movies).

Do you like this set? Are people pining after it since it was not available for direct purchase?

It was available during the May 4th event in 2014 so it came out 18 months ago.  It was a nice quick-flip for ~$25 right around the time it became available.  That is why I don't hold onto promo minifigure polybags for any length of time unless I'm too lazy to list them for sale or forgot I had them.  

I think this one was selling for more than it fetches now, but prices may have come down due to bootleg options galore from China at a fraction of the price.  It certainly isn't helping.

Edited by zskid00

OK... I emailed the retailer and they confirmed that these are knockoffs. They cancelled my order but didn't seem to understand that what they were doing was illegal. I let them know that Disney might be displeased with them selling Star Wars Darth Revan Minifigures. They seemed concerned and seriously considering reevaluating their business model.

Duh.

• Like 1