I Love It! Thread

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Youtube as a learning tool.

Baseball has NOT been a primary sport for me growing up so I went on YT to bone up on proper throwing and hitting fundamentals as I am helping my kid and his friend prepare for baseball camp.

And as always; everything I thought I knew is wrong. depending on the channel, the instructors  do a great job of the WHAT and WHY. For those baseball fans out there; is it a new thing that in hitting, back elbow UP is WRONG?  Suppose to be down by ribs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Youtube as a learning tool.

Baseball has NOT been a primary sport for me growing up so I went on YT to bone up on proper throwing and hitting fundamentals as I am helping my kid and his friend prepare for baseball camp.

And as always; everything I thought I knew is wrong. depending on the channel, the instructors  do a great job of the WHAT and WHY. For those baseball fans out there; is it a new thing that in hitting, back elbow UP is WRONG?  Suppose to be down by ribs.

Can't help you with baseball, but basically the same applies with ice hockey.  And DIY for home and car repairs.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Can't help you with baseball, but basically the same applies with ice hockey.  And DIY for home and car repairs.

Hey Alpine...I'm in a tiny suburb in SF Bay Area and I noticed that , for whatever reason, our rec center has an outdoor roller hockey rink...and it's never used. A shame really cuz it's super nice w/ poly glass walls, special flooring, and bleachers...I only see that they put up basketball hoops there 🙄 .

anyway...I figured it's too hard/expensive to get gear for ever growing kids and maybe that's why its never used.  Are there online resources to get used kids equipment?  Would love to get a group of kids together and utilize such a great facility

21 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Hey Alpine...I'm in a tiny suburb in SF Bay Area and I noticed that , for whatever reason, our rec center has an outdoor roller hockey rink...and it's never used. A shame really cuz it's super nice w/ poly glass walls, special flooring, and bleachers...I only see that they put up basketball hoops there 🙄 .

anyway...I figured it's too hard/expensive to get gear for ever growing kids and maybe that's why its never used.  Are there online resources to get used kids equipment?  Would love to get a group of kids together and utilize such a great facility

The usual suspects have equipment.  Plus Sideline Swap.  A lot of rinks out here do "learn to play" programs, where they will provide the equipment at no-cost for 6-8 weeks, so kids can figure out if they enjoy the sport.  My son tried roller hockey, but it just wasn't as exciting to him as being on the ice *shrug*.

You may want to reach out to USA Roller Hockey, the governing body for the sport to see if there are any programs in the area, or how they might help set one up.  One of their core missions is to grow the sport, so hopefully they're in a position to help.

• Like 1

I made a passing remark on twitter regarding ST:TNG, Geordi La Forge & Reading Rainbow and got a like from Levar Burton.
I only use twitter for toy news purposes so I had to laugh at being noticed. It was like my first comment in.... since... january?

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, ravenb99 said:

Screenshot_20210707-225326.png

I am so thrilled the Lightning won back-to-back Stanley Cups too ravenb99 .  Go Bolts!  I have been a fan for 20+ years, feel the team learned a lot from being swept by Columbus in the first round of the 2019 playoffs and became an even better team because of it.

jerseys1.jpg.5c6bf66905c8ab019839b4111ddbad30.jpg

jerseys2.jpg.3cf56ddcd4b80926c00713ec8b9fff00.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I am so thrilled the Lightning won back-to-back Stanley Cups too ravenb99 .  Go Bolts!  I have been a fan for 20+ years, feel the team learned a lot from being swept by Columbus in the first round of the 2019 playoffs and became an even better team because of it.

Nice love the St Louis jersey.  Been going to games since the inaugural year at the fairgrounds in the random warehouse building they played in.  Used to jump the fence out back and get autos of the visiting players.   Penguins were always tough with Jagr, Lemieux and Stevens but got Stevens auto way back when.

Hamrlik was the big draw then.   Then moved onto the St Pete arena and saw the Lightning Flyers game that at the time was the biggest crowd at a hockey game.

Went to game 1 and 2 of 03/04 cup against Flames.  Got tix off tickemaster for like 175 each.  Tried going to game 5 and were only like 500 so left and watched it nearby.  

Yeah 2019 was a big disappointment after having one of the best regular seasons in history.   Been a lot of close encounters from 2011 on but finally got back there again.

Not a bad run for a team from Florida.  Also funny the whole cap comments this year yet when Chicago did it with Kane in 2015 there was no outrage.  Happened to beat the Lightning that year as well which was deemed ok though.  No comments brought up that year and the 2 teams that voted to change the current system were the Lightning and @sauromosis Blues.  Funny how that works.

Found this auto other day going through some stuff!

IMG_5857.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Need the Andreychuk jersey...

12 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

That's so awesome, congrats!

I was happy enough when the Blues finally won their first after 52 years. Can't imagine two in a row. 

What do you mean about the Blues and Lightning being the only teams that voted for something? I missed that story. 

how the LTIR affects the cap during regular season and not playoffs.  Was brought up at yearly meetings and only 2 teams that thought it should be changed were Lightning and Blues.   Got no support and they kept it the same with the same rules in place.   

been 6 more years since the last big name being Kane.  Although 1/3 to half the league does it during the year anyways it seemed to be a much bigger deal this year when Kucherov got to come back after staying out the season per rules.  Same exact thing Kane did.   I mean hip surgery apparently is not enough proof of injury to some fans.  Not to mention no other team could afford to "keep" there to player out and make the playoffs or risk that just to get some cap space.  

Or you can do what Vegas does and skate 15 players to stay under which seems to be fine.