I Love It! Thread

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we stop any and all vague references to politics? First the tan-color comments, then the jabs at blood-drinking candidates, now other references. Let's just keep this totally politics free - no US Election, no Brexit, no Polish womens-rights marches, just LEGO (and related topics).

THANKS.

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Can we stop any and all vague references to politics? First the tan-color comments, then the jabs at blood-drinking candidates, now other references. Let's just keep this totally politics free - no US Election, no Brexit, no Polish womens-rights marches, just LEGO (and related topics).

THANKS.

I'm enjoying my day. I will continue to enjoy my day.

• Like 1

THANKS.

This is my one respite from politics. Even my podcasts (none of which are political in nature) have seen it seep in.

Today I’m cleaning up this thread. And I’ll be zero tolerance on it. This is a joyful place. Not a place to talk politics or poke jabs.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

This is my one respite from politics. Even my podcasts (none of which are political in nature) have seen it seep in.

Today I’m cleaning up this thread. And I’ll be zero tolerance on it. This is a joyful place. Not a place to talk politics or poke jabs.

download.gif

Edited by Phil B

Almond Croissants.  Who would have known that a nut that isn't sweet would have such delicious tasting croissants!!! It is mind blowing. SOO YUMMY!

Also, the color of the leaves in the Midwest in Fall.  

35 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I am always looking for good podcast content... would you care to share?

Almond Croissants.  Who would have known that a nut that isn't sweet would have such delicious tasting croissants!!! It is mind blowing. SOO YUMMY!

Also, the color of the leaves in the Midwest in Fall.  
I am always looking for good podcast content... would you care to share?

My tastes run a bit nerdy, so be warned...

Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro - weekly pod with current episode reviews, news, episode reviews from the past, interviews. All things Who. https://pca.st/podcast/8e5389c0-2883-012e-072b-00163e1b201c

Doctor Who: The Missing Episodes Podcast - did you know that there are 97 episodes of Doctor Who from the 1960s that are missing? Official archives wiped the episodes in the 70s. This show goes episode by episode, and not just looks at the episode itself, but the historical context of what happened. - why and when it was wiped - as well as discusses leads and speculation on whether the episodes still exist somewhere (yes, other episodes thought gone have been recovered over the years). Fascinating look into the history of television. https://pca.st/podcast/5e87ae50-6813-0138-a0e1-0acc26574db2

Darknet Dairies - Explore true stores of the dark side of the Internet. Hacking, data breaches, cyber crime, penetration testing. Fascinating stuff. Extremely accessible, and the host is a fantastic storyteller. Great production value. I’d recommend the recent episode on the hacking of the 2018 Winter Olympics, or the 2 parter on XBox hacking. Fun fun stuff!

Fire and Water Network - a bunch of different podcasts, mostly centered on DC Comics.

The Well - co-hosted by Anson Mount, who was recently on TV as Captain Pike on Star Trek: Discovery. This is not a Star Trek podcast. This is a podcast about life, along with some really interesting stories about Hollywood. Very conversational. https://pca.st/podcast/da478e40-76fe-0135-9036-63f4b61a9224
  • Like 1