I Love It! Thread

exciter1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dusty Baker finally winning a World Series as a manager, Justin Verlander getting his first Word Series pitching win and former Orioles Trey Mancini (was sad to see him traded) being on the winning team (2021 MLB Comeback Player of the Year after beating cancer). 

The Astros did get caught cheating a few years ago, as a fan I do not condone it and did not like they resorted to stealing signs. They earned this one!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

The Astros did get caught cheating a few years ago, as a fan I do not condone it and did not like they resorted to stealing signs. They earned this one!

As far as we know. The proof of cheating in 2017-18 didn't surface until Nov 2019, so time will tell if they earned it or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Finally tested negative for COVID today after 14 days of testing positive  Three family members healthy now, one to go after two weeks of it.  It was a Christmas to remember, or forget.  :) :( 

Good to hear!  I tested positive week before Christmas, out of action for a week.  Daughter got sick for a couple days right around Christmas.  Then wife got Covid the following week as mine was clearing up.  Wife finally tested negative a couple days ago, and now kids are back to school.  Literally all we did was isolate from each other all winter break.

The Love It part is that my dad who is 69 did not get covid (knock on wood) while seemingly the rest of us or most of us did.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 2/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, Mark Twain said:

Disney is launching a new themed hotel the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser--$6,000-$20,000 for two nights in a simulated Star Wars luxury liner and the Disney employees are always in character. The link is a review. 

The Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World is cancelled. They didn't stick to the core Star Wars stories and themes and now they are closing it down September 30, 2023.  Disney is killing all of their tent pole franchises over the past 10 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/theme-parks/2023/05/18/disneys-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/70233141007/

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

The Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World is cancelled. They didn't stick to the core Star Wars stories and themes and now they are closing it down September 30, 2023.  Disney is killing all of their tent pole franchises over the past 10 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/theme-parks/2023/05/18/disneys-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/70233141007/

just a prelude to disney pulling out of FL the way things are headed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/18/disney-scraps-lake-nona-florida-campus.html