I Love It! Thread

exciter1

Decided to build a 10216 Winter Village Bakery from my spare parts and just bricklink the pieces I didn't already have. I was going through the part out list on Bricklink looking to swap out expensive pieces for cheaper variants or colors where I could and found this medium nougat 1x8x2 arch that was exclusive to this set and goes for $15 or so on Bricklink.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3308&idColor=150#T=S&C=150&O={%22color%22:150,%22iconly%22:0}

I replaced it on my wanted list with a dark orange arch. But, while going through my spare stuff I actually found a medium nougat 1x8x2 arch. Crazy because there are no other stickered pieces/minifigures or anything else in my spares that would indicate that any of the bulk buys I have made ever included this set. Happy to save $15 though and have the correct color piece!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On 12/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, ravenb99 said:

Got busy and never updated but actually arrived at dealership the next day after posting that last assembly line photo.  Took possession 12/8/21 from a 7/13/20 reservation...

Got about 400 miles on it so far and its fun to drive.  Feels like a tank on the road and lot more room / comfort than the Wranglers I drove for a few weeks.  Color looks a lot more vibrant in the sun too and darker at night.

Were shocked I was keeping it, said most were just having them sell on the lot.

bronco4.jpg

bronco2.jpg

bronco3.jpg

bronco1.jpg

Looks awesome, nice ride.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 5:54 PM, ravenb99 said:

Got busy and never updated but actually arrived at dealership the next day after posting that last assembly line photo.  Took possession 12/8/21 from a 7/13/20 reservation...

Got about 400 miles on it so far and its fun to drive.  Feels like a tank on the road and lot more room / comfort than the Wranglers I drove for a few weeks.  Color looks a lot more vibrant in the sun too and darker at night.

bronco4.jpg

bronco2.jpg

bronco3.jpg

bronco1.jpg

Sweet ride! And holy patience! Very cool.

• Like 1

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/bronco4.thumb.jpg.81f3ca4f93b99df940f7a8c752e0753c.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/bronco2.thumb.jpg.8ce1969519589d99b241c081b1c3383e.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/bronco3.thumb.jpg.23fd106198176d2dc58c6af40fc75d04.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/bronco1.thumb.jpg.70062884fa961323bc8fdd7c71b15c3c.jpg

Put in my order for the Ford Maverick on 10/25 and was told we’d be lucky to see it before May 2022. Ford issued a production stoppage to fix a seat belt issue, so there’s an extra month or two added to that I guess. I haven’t even seen a Maverick in wild at this point or been able to go do a test drive. The dealership was almost giddy at me flying the possibility of cancelling. I think they want as many of these on their show room floor as possible.

Did a test drive in one of the broncos. It was amazingly roomy and the screen is massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Put in my order for the Ford Maverick on 10/25 and was told we’d be lucky to see it before May 2022. Ford issued a production stoppage to fix a seat belt issue, so there’s an extra month or two added to that I guess. I haven’t even seen a Maverick in wild at this point or been able to go do a test drive. The dealership was almost giddy at me flying the possibility of cancelling. I think they want as many of these on their show room floor as possible.

Did a test drive in one of the broncos. It was amazingly roomy and the screen is massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I was through the final stages of a maverick order for daughter multiple times.  Was just worried the timing would beat the Bronco at the time.  Few came in recently but with 8k markups although sounded like they'd do close to retail if I pushed seeing I bought the Bronco.  

Said Mavericks are about 2 years out,  Lighting F150's the same and Bronco still about same.  The whole order as you go thing is changing the game.

Maverick they also didn't build any of the hybrids really up front so those will be forever.  Pushing out the 2.0 Ecoboosts with higher price tags first.  Not sure if issue with the Hybrid or just for the higher sales tag.   

Did drive an Escape Titanium Hybrid for 2 days that they were doing some stuff on the Bronco for me and its the same as the Maverick engine and was a blast to drive for a little car.  Daughter liked that one.  They had 5k markup on that but said I could have at retail and possibly 1-2k off for repeat and courtesy car.  Was getting 40-50 mpg on 3-5 mile trips between stores which was pretty crazy.

Bronco is getting a whopping 15.4mpg through first 400 miles.  Mix of in traffic but mostly highway to warehouse.   That's babying it too.  Leadfooting will get you down into the 12's.  Best I've seen reported with 2.7 and Sasquatch package is 19 which must be all highway at 65-70.

Wifes / Daughters Grand Cherokee gets 12.3 with the Hemi and Sequoia gets about 15-16 with the 5.7 so mileage never been my strong suit.    Got the wife the Camry XSE 2 years ago and that is worth more than we paid cause we bought at beginning of covid with steep discounts.  Gave 8k or so off.  Daughter was supposed to get the Jeep but then wife kept driving both when she could.  Camry was by far the best value out there for the price paid compared to any SUV.  Wife hadn't had a car in a long time but sticker shock on new suv's got her.  Could have 2 of those for price of loaded Bronco.

Maverick is another one though that you'd really have 0 depreciation next few years on as cheap as it is if you preordered and the backlog.

IMG_20200430_190117.jpg

IMG_20200430_185917.jpg

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

OUr household has has been minivan centric for a decade now and we thought we would be getting another Odysee after the last one was lost in an accident.  And then Iread that the 2021 Sienna comes in AWD and hybrid.  Anyone have any experience w/ it?

my biggest reluctance is downgrading to a 4 banger for such a large vehicle...We live on a steep hill and also like to go to the mountains in the winter (hence the desire for AWD).

23 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OUr household has has been minivan centric for a decade now and we thought we would be getting another Odysee after the last one was lost in an accident.  And then Iread that the 2021 Sienna comes in AWD and hybrid.  Anyone have any experience w/ it?

my biggest reluctance is downgrading to a 4 banger for such a large vehicle...We live on a steep hill and also like to go to the mountains in the winter (hence the desire for AWD).

not much difference.  you get 20 or so more torque out of the electric motors so off the line won't feel a difference.   0-60 is 6.9 on the v6 vs 7.7 on the 4 cylinder hybrid.

won't have as much zip at highway speeds but around town the electric always impresses.  Usually feels zippier from the few hybrids I've driven.   Same engine as in Rav4, Venza, Highlander  hybrid with 2 electric motors for non awd and 3 for awd.

Was rated for 33 but most are hitting 36mpg on them.  

Come down to if you do more in town versus hwy would think.   Hybrids always better in town mileage and the power you don't notice.  Will lose some power going up hills in mountains with it though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

not much difference.  you get 20 or so more torque out of the electric motors so off the line won't feel a difference.   0-60 is 6.9 on the v6 vs 7.7 on the 4 cylinder hybrid.

won't have as much zip at highway speeds but around town the electric always impresses.  Usually feels zippier from the few hybrids I've driven.   Same engine as in Rav4, Venza, Highlander  hybrid with 2 electric motors for non awd and 3 for awd.

Was rated for 33 but most are hitting 36mpg on them.  

Come down to if you do more in town versus hwy would think.   Hybrids always better in town mileage and the power you don't notice.  Will lose some power going up hills in mountains with it though.

thanks...that helps a lot.  I have no experience w electric.  I think it's worth a test drive...if I can find one at a dealership

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks...that helps a lot.  I have no experience w electric.  I think it's worth a test drive...if I can find one at a dealership

pretty much everything around here Toyota wise has been order at dealer and 4 weeks to 6 months out depending on models/trims.  If you look at some local dealers pages most will say inventory in transit which pretty much everything has been.   They populate as soon as the VIN is created so can be a little misleading.  We live next to a Toyota dealer and can see the stuff come in daily and none of it ever hits actual pictures or on the lot.  All pretty much preorder.  Might have to find a used trade in to at least test drive for now.  Pretty ridiculous but how it works of late.  Think you are Cali too which hybrid demand has seen even longer waits especially on Rav4 from what I follow.

Escape I test drove last was pretty freaky couldn't tell it was on which I wasn't used to.  Definitely not used to it but the experience was good overall.  

Also not a fan of the toggle knobs for shifters.  Still like a damn shifter column but seems they are on the way out.  Most new things I saw at last car show before covid seemed to be on those or even push buttons for all of it.

aren’t car prices out of this world right now? 2 years after buying mine im getting texts and emails about how the value went up and that they want to buy it from me. Newer model from my understanding was supposed to be $60k yet dealers sell them for $100k+. That’s going from “maybe” to “no way I’m paying that” unfortunately for me 

No love 

38 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

aren’t car prices out of this world right now? 2 years after buying mine im getting texts and emails about how the value went up and that they want to buy it from me. Newer model from my understanding was supposed to be $60k yet dealers sell them for $100k+. That’s going from “maybe” to “no way I’m paying that” unfortunately for me 

No love 

I nearly called on a Hybrid Pacifica a few months back when I heard prices were going up. My three year old gas one is just fine, but apparently worth five grand more than I paid for it! We are loving the plug-in hybrid C-Max. The cold is rough on it though, only get about 12 miles EV where we got 22+ in the summer. I sure am glad we bought it when we did this past January, I ran a value check on it and got an instant offer of $18,500 from CarMax... We paid $13,600!

Gotta drive real careful so we don't have to try to replace either of them 🤪