My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our order of Target TH arrived today. 50% of the order arrived in actual Lego cases inside larger Target shipping boxes with air pillows. All mint. The other 50% came loose on air pillows and all in very good condition. All 38R4. First time I have had Target ship in Lego cases. First time no damage from Target.

Check your TRU GC's from GiftCardMall ebay daily deal -- mine came with zero balance.  I think they failed to activate them. 

I sent them a message -- let's see what happens.

My gift card from this deal also came with zero balance.  There was a phone number on the sheet that it shipped on that I called and within a few hours the balance was there.

Check your TRU GC's from GiftCardMall ebay daily deal -- mine came with zero balance.  I think they failed to activate them. 

I sent them a message -- let's see what happens.

Update:

Called GCM and was told the reason they had zero balance was because ebay/paypal had contacted them and asked them to cancel the transaction.

So, apparently it's not enough that ebay ensnares HTTP proxy users in their Site Interference Policy screener and threatens their accounts -- they also try to cancel your current orders.

OK, that's fine -- from ebay's point of view.

So, I ask the GCM rep if they had cancelled my paypal charge as a result.  To which they assert "that's something to resolve between you and ebay/paypal since they asked us to cancel it".  Ha!

OK, call ebay and tell them what happened and I get a face of ebay I haven't seen before.  They were so eager to open a case against a "seller".  Since GCM has given me the cold shoulder, I had no qualms with ebay doing this.  So ebay opened a Not As Described case for me and asked for "replacements".

Being a moderately-sized seller on ebay myself, I know GCM will hate this, but they may be big enough not to care about one case.  But it will be fun sitting on the side and watching how this plays out. 

I'm sure there are no fewer than three ebay departments that have no clue how to talk to each other involved now due to this fateful October 21st transaction.  And now a huge seller, GCM, gets to deal with them.

On the state of my "appeal" regarding the alleged violation of the Site Interference Policy and my 14-day buyer suspension -- I was told by multiple CS reps yesterday that these actions are "non-appealable" even though an appeal had been filed and I had an appeal #.  I asked what would happen on a third violation -- would my buyer account be permanently suspended without appeal and they said, "yes, but rest assured that we have made notes in your account."  I asked, "what good do notes do me if you can't appeal."  They didn't have anything to say.  The appeal process is definitely a black hole and their CS reps have no power to do anything to an account. 

I'm half-tempted to drive to San Jose and see if I can get into a shareholder's meeting to ask them a couple of questions about their customer treatment...

• Like 1

re:  Five armies amazon "deal".  after 20 minutes of back and forth with amazon chat CS, I finally got 2 5 armies for $15.99 each.  what broke the camel's back was the links showing the incorrect 5 armies link (original order), the new 5 armies link (with the regular price), and then my invoice showing that I ordered 5 armies.  had me re-order the 5 armies using the "correct" 59.99 link - sent the new order # through chat and then got the new order price reduced to the original price - YAAAAY!!!!!  winning! 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

I'll share my Five Armies story...

I was a little concerned if I just returned the item that they may see that the item that I returned didn't match the invoice.  I have no idea if this is a legitimate concern , as I don't know how Amazon processes this. 

I contacted Amazon via the IM chat and talked with Hassan, I don't believe English was his native tongue.  At first he thought I didn't receive the item and that the item would be here the next day, he assured me that my money was safe with Amazon.  I explained that I received an item, it didn't match the title of the listing but it did match the picture.  He gave me a refund and told me that I didn't have to send the item back.  After asking three times if I should send it back, he assured me that I didn't.  Had we not had issues communicating I may have left it at that.

I decided to call Amazon today and verify that they weren't expecting the item back.  I don't think they were, but I explained the situation and got a return label to send the sets back.  I didn't try to convince them that they needed to send me the Five Armies set and they didn't offer it.

Now to see what YoYo is going to send.

I'll share my Five Armies story...

I was a little concerned if I just returned the item that they may see that the item that I returned didn't match the invoice.  I have no idea if this is a legitimate concern , as I don't know how Amazon processes this. 

I contacted Amazon via the IM chat and talked with Hassan, I don't believe English was his native tongue.  At first he thought I didn't receive the item and that the item would be here the next day, he assured me that my money was safe with Amazon.  I explained that I received an item, it didn't match the title of the listing but it did match the picture.  He gave me a refund and told me that I didn't have to send the item back.  After asking three times if I should send it back, he assured me that I didn't.  Had we not had issues communicating I may have left it at that.

I decided to call Amazon today and verify that they weren't expecting the item back.  I don't think they were, but I explained the situation and got a return label to send the sets back.  I didn't try to convince them that they needed to send me the Five Armies set and they didn't offer it.

Now to see what YoYo is going to send.

They took mine back and gave me a $5 coupon

• Like 1

I would have found out tonight, but there was some carrier delay that prevented them from delivering.  Weight for the package is listed at 1.0 lb.

If package weight is 1 lb it sounds unfortunately like the only way you are getting the right one is if BA sends you his no charge.

Hope it works out.

I had a friend order 2 more of the 79017 from Amazon for me and they are wrong too but I'll keep those two, I need one for my library anyways.

ok then. i retract my previous statement then 

If package weight is 1 lb it sounds unfortunately like the only way you are getting the right one is if BA sends you his no charge.

Hope it works out.

I had a friend order 2 more of the 79017 from Amazon for me and they are wrong too but I'll keep those two, I need one for my library anyways.

I'm going to assume that their system is dialed in and the weight is probably correct.  I've never had to deal with a third party on Amazon before, so that will be new.