My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this from Lego regarding an order placed on 11/26. I thought it was nice of them to blame their incompetence on Santa & his elves.

Dear LEGO® shopper,Due to increased levels of shipments going through the U.S. Postal Service, your order will likely arrive later than expected. USPS has ensured us they’re doing everything they can to deliver as many orders as possible, but are unable to guarantee delivery in time for Christmas.We’re really sorry if you were hoping for your order to arrive in time for Christmas. We know many of you are helping Santa get his gifts under the tree, so we’re including a letter that you can share with the LEGO fan in your life who was hoping to receive their gift on Christmas day.

Sincerely,

LEGO® Customer Service

Edited by HappyHawkeye

Yikes, that letter.

As if children understand "yule".  

Dear _insert name of child_,  (Santa does not call you Lego Builder)

Write something personal here that mentions what it may be (theme, castle, etc... ) to get them excited.  

Then say, you are very sorry it is late but to keep your tree up for a little longer and it will appear in the morning soon.

Say thanks to the kid for being very patient and being very good this year.

Love ya kiddo,

SANTA

12/2 priority mail INR case that I refunded is now moving and expected to be delivered 12/26

12/9 package priority mail finally moved marked out for delivery today 12/24

12/8 PP mail still no updates

Incoming gift for the kids is MIA in NY from 12/13.

And the $159 set someone from California ordered for me on 12/22 that I shipped same day using FedEx 2 day is out for delivery on 12/24. it cost me less than Priority Mail.

It’s truly a sad sad day to see the PO fail so badly.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

Nebulon order from 15 minutes ago is listed as "Waiting for new stock". Not optimistic. Anyone got in warehouse? Maybe from this afternoon?

I’m tired of getting cancel order emails from Lego. Gave up on ordering the last few in stock notifications but did give this one a try. Not much hope though. 

Finally got my second of 2 orders from Black Friday from Lego. I think the SaH problems with USPS are partly their fault for not getting a holiday season shipping chain set up. Though perhaps they thought they were going to be able to use FedEx as usual and weren't told until the last minute about their quotas. But they also could have branched out to local shippers for Chicagoland like UDS. Seems like someone either at Lego or GEODIS was short-sighted on this.

14 hours ago, Mathew said:

Mostly due to mismanagement.  USPS has been struggling for years but this administration has purposely sabotaged it. 

Not really. Mostly due to all the olds retiring due to COVID and them not having enough help because of that. My mom works at USPS and and is putting 70 hours in per week and they still don’t have enough help. 

8 hours ago, Bobslob said:

Not really. Mostly due to all the olds retiring due to COVID and them not having enough help because of that. My mom works at USPS and and is putting 70 hours in per week and they still don’t have enough help. 

That's the same story that I got with old postal friends (I worked for USPS for a short time.)

With current high unemployment, getting help shouldn't be a problem. It's mismanagement. Instead of invest in additional automating sorting machine, current administration got rid of them to suppress mail in ballots. 

2006 Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act requiring prefunding of new worker retiree pension & medical expenses, something zero private companies do, knee-capped ability of USPS to hire additional staff.  imagine you run a business.  you hire someone,  now you have to prefund their retiree and medical benefits immediately.  wtf are you kidding me? no one prefunds 100% retiree medical benefits - it's stupid.  private corp's  - they usually end up cancelling the retiree medical benefits  or limiting them when they get too expensive.  congress in its infinite wisdom took away this ability and guaranteed perpetual business failure by requiring rate of postage increases be less than rate of inflation - huh?   what private business prices to lose money?  again stupidity reigns supreme in dc.  congress creating ludicrous mandates that private industry would have martini lunch lobbied out of existence in a nanosecond.    usps should go out of business so then we can finally see how much our economy depends on their congress-mandated money losing business.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bobslob said:

Exactly. My wife is a Postal Clerk. She laughs at all the people that claim a certain someone has ruined the PO. It's sad because they truly believe it.

11 hours ago, Bobslob said:

This is the kind of thing good management would solve. So, I would agree, that mismanagement has exacerbated the current bad situation.

2 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Exactly. My wife is a Postal Clerk. She laughs at all the people that claim a certain someone has ruined the PO. It's sad because they truly believe it.

I laugh at anyone who doesn't.  Taiwan is a perfect example where Covid is under control.  It's truly sad that people believe herd immunity is the only solution.

3 minutes ago, auntiemamel said:

How do you handle the returns on items not yet delivered? Does the person have to send back first? Do i refund the money now, even tho the item is in transit? Not sure how to handle? Thanks for any help or advice you can give me

Approve the return & wait until you get it back to refund.